Clayton White New DC? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Clayton White New DC?

Who knows. They may give the job to Stanard and hire a new position coach.;)

B7AD08F6-A16C-48B6-8924-3E9AA2D2DA1F.gif

It wasn’t a random post - it was posted by one of the most respected people on the board.
I will only say I have no idea if the post on the other board is accurate or not. I thought I would link it for the purposes of conversation. The reason the title of the post ends with a question mark is to signify uncertainty here.

I will only say I have no idea if the post on the other board is accurate or not. I thought I would link it for the purposes of conversation. The reason the title of the post ends with a question mark is to signify uncertainty here.

Thank you. I thought that was pretty clear but apparently not to everyone.

I was hoping for someone with a great track record as a DC for more than a few years at maybe a few different schools.

If this is true we get a DC with what 2-3 years experience as DC and a mediocre track record.

Sounds ...um great!

And also sounds like we will be mediocre or worse on defense for the next few years. A new DC against Clemson and FSU every year sounds fantastic. Also hate the Co-DC thing, there has to be someone in charge, not only to make the tough calls but for a single neck to choke when things go wrong.

Spot on, the co- coordinator thing is like having a 2 qb system; you aren't enthralled with either and think 3/4+3/4 =1...but it definitely doesn't. This hire, if true is a cheap way out and stanard hasn't done nearly enough to be in the picture for DC. sometimes we operate like the pretty girl who is an 8 and dates a guy with no direction who is a 5 or 6. We settle...bc yes. I think with facilities and dino we are at least now "pretty".

Or we may have to wait until the first of the year since Navy plays in the Liberty Bowl.

I am still a Dino guy thru and thru but I really hope this guy isn’t the new DC.
This could get bumped in 3 years and I will be dumb but I am not a fan of this guy’s resume.
Recruiting/coaching abilities both look meh to me.

Last edited:
Since Dino is getting the big bucks and is in charge I'd have to assume he knows what he is doing and how much of an impact the DC is going to be. I wonder how much weight Dino puts into teaching/coaching and recruiting abilities of each hire while also looking into how the new coach would fit into the La Famile. It's an interesting and tough balancing act at a school like SU.

Since Dino is getting the big bucks and is in charge I'd have to assume he knows what he is doing and how much of an impact the DC is going to be. I wonder how much weight Dino puts into teaching/coaching and recruiting abilities of each hire while also looking into how the new coach would fit into the La Famile. It's an interesting and tough balancing act at a school like SU.
Hopefully, but he also hired Ward, who he ended up firing, so it's possible he can make a mistake.

Hopefully, but he also hired Ward, who he ended up firing, so it's possible he can make a mistake.

Agree op but Ward was with him at BG, I believe, and this hire is a look at the best fit outside of who was with him when he left there. It's Dino's job to win or lose and this hire is a big one no doubt about it.

I am still a Dino guy thru and thru but I really hope this guy isn’t the new DC.
This could get bumped in 3 years and I will be dumb but I am not a fan of this guy’s resume.
Recruiting/coaching abilities both look meh to me.

I'd rather have the guy NC State just fired.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom