Clemson Attendance | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Attendance

LOT of ticket sales misconceptions on this site.

1. It is 100% not your ticket rep's fault, trust me.
2. Ticketmaster is not reselling tickets, there would be an independent broker as TM got in a ton of trouble for that.
3. A sellout is a sellout regardless of show rate.
4. Making money "on the backend" through F&B/merch is a horrible business model. Ticket sales is where the money is
Yes they did ... class action for second-level fees, right?

you're probably right but then Syracuse needs to find a way around the ticket brokers. Bands are able to do this.
What band has reasonable ticket prices nowadays? I paid $15 to see ZZTop at the Capital Centre in 1986.

I don't understand why people worry so much about attendance and how many people are actually there and when people get there and leave. It's all out of your control. So what if Sean McDonough makes a comment or you see some empty seats on TV?

Just be loud, be happy we should have a bigger crowd than years past, root the team on, and enjoy the game.
And hopefully, if the broker ends up with a lot of tickets, they figure out a way to donate them or make something happen.

It bothers me as a PR pro who got his degree at SU that they would be so stupid as to put on a tee the criticism of referring to a game with 4000 empty seats as a shutout, in the building, as the actual game is happening in real time. Yes. I know it technically is but you are not helping yourself by making a show of it in that moment. Put out a release later if you want, but they are going to look like fools making an announcement at the game. Don't open yourself up to that.

Just be as smart as you trained me to be is all i ask.
Does it really matter in the end? How many people are really going to care? I don't expect the tv ratings will be that high for this game so there won't be a ton of critics outside of a handful of reporters and a few thousand football forum posters.

You speak like someone who wasn't at the FSU game 52 weeks ago...

I was not. And the reason I know is because we played well.

I attended 2 games last year (UNC, ND) and 1 game so far this year (Maryland). Outside the last 5 miraculous minutes of UNC, you notice a theme?

I shouldn't go Saturday, but I am. Sorry.

I just want the recruits and current players to experience a full dome. This is a huge recruit visit game for us, and if we cant fill it up it doesn't exactly look good to the recruits.

Anyone think we’ll get over 47k butts in seats for this one?

Anyone think we’ll get over 47k butts in seats for this one?

We need the secondary market to move significantly in the next day or so to get there. It would be nice if some of those resale ticket prices dropped though. Not including what look like scattered individual resale seats (someone still is looking for $300 per ticket for a 3rd level seat) there are still lots of 3rd level seats that look like broker resale blocks for $150+ per. Thats just not realistic at this point. They need to drop most of that inventory closer to, if now even below, $100 at this point. That being said, brokers rarely do.

The good news from this shot below is that the 3rd level corners seem to be in really good shape. Bad news is that the 3rd level sidelines, especially the road side, are not. I hope that the prices drop some, and/or on Saturday the Dome box office gets some of these back for walkup if they dont sell today/tomorrow.

My gut says we end up with high 45Ks, maybe 46 insofar as actuals in the building and an announced sellout

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 5.43.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 5.43.40 AM.png
    868.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
i doubt we see a ton of late action since the prices are not dropping and there really isnt very little media push thru the school..

now if they announced some last minute deals you might get some traction.

Its out of the schools hands at this point. Unless they buy back all the tickets being re-sold. There is nothing they can do. Getting demolished by Maryland was the worst thing that could have happened

i doubt we see a ton of late action since the prices are not dropping and there really isnt very little media push thru the school..

now if they announced some last minute deals you might get some traction.

Yeah its tough for the school to push the issue considering they are going with the sell out narrative. Sigh. Those tickets are just gonna sit there. :|

That upper deck is the one the camera faces, and I think it's not going to look good at all.

McDonough is probably going to make a comment.

End of the day, I don't really care. It will be loud and hopefully enough to help us win.

I think this is generally hand-wringing minus the obvious point - SU side isn't the side the camera faces.

It will be more crowded than the last Clemson game - which was packed and nuts.

It was a nice treat to find out they sell beer there. Downside, you can only buy one at a time. Upside, you can buy until the end of the 3rd quarter. Downside, the hangover didn't go away until sometime Monday.

Too old for this sh .

Downside - they sold to some real asshats (not you)

Its out of the schools hands at this point. Unless they buy back all the tickets being re-sold. There is nothing they can do. Getting demolished by Maryland was the worst thing that could have happened

I dunno. Obviously it sucks for diehards.

But as far as attendance goes, arguably it could help. I don't think there's a market for $100 secondary market tickets. If SU beat Maryland, those would've sat high and wound up empty. After the loss, I assume prices will plummet in the next 24 hours and a bunch more people will be able to get into the building for a discount.

I guess we'll see.

I dunno. Obviously it sucks for diehards.

But as far as attendance goes, arguably it could help. I don't think there's a market for $100 secondary market tickets. If SU beat Maryland, those would've sat high and wound up empty. After the loss, I assume prices will plummet in the next 24 hours and a bunch more people will be able to get into the building for a discount.

I guess we'll see.
We will see. Justfrom my current experience, i had a few friends who were thinking of going only to back out after we lost. I've still got a group of 10 going, and I know it will still be the best crowd in years. Just a little disappointing

We need the secondary market to move significantly in the next day or so to get there. It would be nice if some of those resale ticket prices dropped though. Not including what look like scattered individual resale seats (someone still is looking for $300 per ticket for a 3rd level seat) there are still lots of 3rd level seats that look like broker resale blocks for $150+ per. Thats just not realistic at this point. They need to drop most of that inventory closer to, if now even below, $100 at this point. That being said, brokers rarely do.

The good news from this shot below is that the 3rd level corners seem to be in really good shape. Bad news is that the 3rd level sidelines, especially the road side, are not. I hope that the prices drop some, and/or on Saturday the Dome box office gets some of these back for walkup if they dont sell today/tomorrow.

My gut says we end up with high 45Ks, maybe 46 insofar as actuals in the building and an announced sellout

I wouldn’t expect much of a walk up at all. Not when it’s being said that it’s a sell out.

I wouldn’t expect much of a walk up at all. Not when it’s being said that it’s a sell out.
Yeah i responded to that tweet with "Stoked for the school. You guys all worked hard for this. That being said, if there is anything you guys can do over the next 48 hrs, without compromising your sellout messaging, to move the secondary market, it would be awesome. That building needs to be as full as possible. "

I dont expect an answer...

StubHub Has 3465 tix remaining. I suspect much of this overlaps with what is on TM for resale. I suspect we can get that number below 3k?

Last edited:
The secondary market is climbing back up rapidly indicating that there is still a ton of interest in this game. The get in price on stubhub plummeted from around $90 on Fri/Sat down to $45+fees on Mon/Tues and now has climbed back up over $65 and heading for $75 in the next few hours. I had an extra pair on craigslist and got a lot of emails before I realized I forgot to delete the post after getting rid of them.

The box office will not get any resale seats "back". There won't be a walk up. However, the fact that 1k or so have moved through secondary is a good sign. Now that a sellout has been announced, folks will know to go to the secondary market and we'll probably see a good chunk of movement there today and tomorrow. Doubt they'll move all of them but as long as they move 1-2k more it'll be fine.

Broker prices went back up after the sellout announcement but I bet you'd be looking at $50 or so on Saturday which may convince a few folks to buy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom