Clemson Attendance | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Attendance

What a unique crowd it was last night. All kinds of people walking around the packed Quad and to be honest I expected more Clemson fans but it was SU galore.

We'll be lucky to have 40k in the seats next week after this disgrace. All of my hype for the game has been crushed. Our showcase weekend for recruits and the nation just went out the window. I'm so disappointed

The event was still a lot of fun. The Quad was great and so was the crowd.

I don’t ever recall hearing a crowd as loud as it was at the beginning of the game.

Hopefully enough people had fun and understand just how good Clemson is to encourage folks to keep coming to the Dome.

I had a blast until the interception. I went to SU during the Robinson years so you could understand why I didn't think it could be as loud as it was and packed. It was deafening at times. Hope the fans don't turn their backs on this team this soon.

IMG-20190914-231941-175.jpg

It was full. Give me a break. Stop the crap and enjoy the fact that it was the best crowd in 20 years. Wouldn’t have been affected any which way if they did anything different. My goodness your act is tiring.

Lol. It was a great crowd, never said differently. Best we’ve had in years and we were loud. But I think it sucks that about 4000 tix were given to a scalper and SU fans had to pay a premium if they wanted to go up till the very end when they dropped quite a bit. It was a sell out only in the sense that SU sold all tickets. But it’s strange how it’s a sell out and tickets were being sold at the ticket booths on game day to any walk ups, which there were few. About 2000 went unsold but the fans did a nice job of spreading out so they weren’t cramped.

Well at least we know how they count now. Tickets distributed plus every worker and volunteer.

Yep, Wildspicer really outdid himself, managed to squeeze 1,000 more people into the building than capacity's allowed for the last 20 years.

Lol. It was a great crowd, never said differently. Best we’ve had in years and we were loud. But I think it sucks that about 4000 tix were given to a scalper and SU fans had to pay a premium if they wanted to go up till the very end when they dropped quite a bit. It was a sell out only in the sense that SU sold all tickets. But it’s strange how it’s a sell out and tickets were being sold at the ticket booths on game day to any walk ups, which there were few. About 2000 went unsold but the fans did a nice job of spreading out so they weren’t cramped.

You’ve been beating the drum about the Ticketmaster stuff for weeks. Get over it. It happens everywhere. I’m not the only one who notices this either. Just stop.

You’ve been beating the drum about the Ticketmaster stuff for weeks. Get over it. It happens everywhere. I’m not the only one who notices this either. Just stop.

And I’m not the only one that noticed the money grab and saying it was a sell out over getting SU fans in the seats.

Fine. But thats not going to happen again for a long time. That was a fantastic crowd.

That's part of why I object to the silly "attendance" figure. It was a great crowd, bigger than Clemson in 2013, biggest Dome crowd I've seen since Michigan in 1999 (though I wasn't at Minnesota for Marrone's opener or the infamous Penn State game the previous year).

So if people like to compare apples to apples with regard to attendance across the years, and if people want to actually quantify the size of the crowd to demonstrate what a great turnout it was, then I'd think people would support using an accurate number.

If SU claimed 48,900 I'd be behind that, might not be exactly correct but we'd all nod and think it jibes with what we recognize that crowd to be.

That's part of why I object to the silly "attendance" figure. It was a great crowd, bigger than Clemson in 2013, biggest Dome crowd I've seen since Michigan in 1999 (though I wasn't at Minnesota for Marrone's opener or the infamous Penn State game the previous year).

So if people like to compare apples to apples with regard to attendance across the years, and if people want to actually quantify the size of the crowd to demonstrate what a great turnout it was, then I'd think people would support using an accurate number.

If SU claimed 48,900 I'd be behind that, might not be exactly correct but we'd all nod and think it jibes with what we recognize that crowd to be.
I understand what you’re saying but I was just far to. depressed to care by the time they floated that figure out.

We really had a shot. Its like there were two O’s against our D. It actually hurt to watch.

If we ever rip out the benches and put in individual seats, it will make man-spreading a lot more difficult. Just something to consider.

Does it really even matter what the ‘actual’ # was??

The (name redacted) DOME was packed, and it was ROCKING.

The LOUD HOUSE once again lived up to the name.

Granted, once TD threw that terrible pick, and then Cordy whiffed and allowed the long TD, suddenly everybody realized that those leaves weren’t going to rake themselves.

But right up to that point, the joint was jumping.
Which is all we can ask for.

Forgot about Minnesota...that was a very big and very loud crowd.

My belief is they made a big deal out of topping 50,000 in attendance because capacity is going to be reduced to 44,000 once the dome renovations are complete.

across the pond england has BREXIT. can someone coin a clever term for DOME fans bailing early ?

My belief is they made a big deal out of topping 50,000 in attendance because capacity is going to be reduced to 44,000 once the dome renovations are complete.

Would def help with the congestion in the hallways. Reading the other thread is terrifying

And I’m not the only one that noticed the money grab and saying it was a sell out over getting SU fans in the seats.

The only way around the secondary market is forcing customers to use the credit card they used to purchase the tickets as their swipe to get in - music acts do this. Or do the zip code thing hockey teams do - and that would be a billion times worse.

(And yet somehow the third party ticket groups have used check cards to get around it.)

The only way around the secondary market is forcing customers to use the credit card they used to purchase the tickets as their swipe to get in - music acts do this. Or do the zip code thing hockey teams do - and that would be a billion times worse.

(And yet somehow the third party ticket groups have used check cards to get around it.)

Imo that’s a different kind of secondary market. There’s always going to be fans that buy extras with the intent to sell, people who buy only to sell, people who sell their season tix to a game, etc. That’s hard to stop unless you do what you’ve mentioned. I’m talking about a broker or brokers having several thousand tickets. When you look at a map of tickets available and see row after row in a section where every seat is available at the exact same price, that’s not Bees or Bayside selling a few extras or trying to get back the cost of their seasons like we’ve seen b-ball fans do with their Duke tickets. That’s big time scalping on the secondary market and someone let it happen.

Domederci quitter fans . hit the aisles and don't let the turnstiles hit you in the bum. ya filthy bums !
i believe a great many older fans stuck around for the Tim Green tribute. after that we hemorrhaged big time.

Last edited:
Imo that’s a different kind of secondary market. There’s always going to be fans that buy extras with the intent to sell, people who buy only to sell, people who sell their season tix to a game, etc. That’s hard to stop unless you do what you’ve mentioned. I’m talking about a broker or brokers having several thousand tickets. When you look at a map of tickets available and see row after row in a section where every seat is available at the exact same price, that’s not Bees or Bayside selling a few extras or trying to get back the cost of their seasons like we’ve seen b-ball fans do with their Duke tickets. That’s big time scalping on the secondary market and someone let it happen.

The big time brokers are the ones that figured out the whole check card thing.

Not sure how you prevent tickets from being purchased - esp there.

The big time brokers are the ones that figured out the whole check card thing.

Not sure how you prevent tickets from being purchased - esp there.

You limit the number that can be purchased. 4,000+ is a bit ridiculous. Never seen it happen here before for football not basketball and we’ve had huge b-ball games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom