Clemson Fans Are Trash | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Fans Are Trash

Some of you making excuses for the fans over there have your heads in the sand. Was the title of my post controversial? Hell yes...but if you did further research and read the board you would see the underlying theme on the board towards Syracuse and their fans over the years. It is pervasive and there was no honeymoon period since we were announced coming in 2011. They didn't want a Yankee team in the ACC. Have I met some good Clemson fans? Yes Of course all their fans aren't trash but a significant minority are jerks and will smile to your face and give you backhanded compliments to your face and stick a knife in your back when you aren't there. I love the passion southern fans have for football but it does bring out the worst in many.

Lots of us despise Rutgers and Schiano...I never remember once someone attacking his family. That was a foul and the moderator to allow that just set the bar really low.

I never stay too much time there on their board (it is hideously bad to read threads quickly) ...I've tried to reach out to them and give them helpful advice about traveling to Syracuse for games. About half the fans are nice and apologizes for the other half in the thread who call out our state, city, team and fans. Jim Boeheim and Scott Shafer really got under their skin. They really don't know what to make of Dino Babers. The funny thing is they are not basketball fans at all...only a few have knowledge of hoops like the Big 4 Hoop program fans (Duke, Louisville, Syracuse and UNC) and if you read their various game threads it was obvious many had no idea of the subtle differences of why the refs made the calls they did. Are there bad calls? Obviously yes, but to have an original member fan complain about ACC refs favoring a Yankee team is hilarious.
There's some truth here but it depends where the fans are from.

It's no secret that "Good ol' boys" from the rural/non-urban parts of Georgia/SC/NC are not thrilled with "Yankees" moving to the south and that includes Cuse joining the ACC.

You'll have zero problem being a New Yorker in 2018, living in Atlanta, Greenville, Columbia, Charleston, Charlotte or Raleigh but if you venture outside of the cities and into the burbs/rural areas of those states, the anti-Yankee sentiment is still very real.

A troll with over 8000 posts and a 100% board fan rating? Makes it even worse...no he is a regular poster over there that is allowed to start a thread like that.

Yeah that is pretty sad, but their relevance in hoops is non existent and maybe even less than NC State over time. I guess that is to be expected.

IDK, I've seen our fans be truly awful.

The people I met at the football game this fall were mostly delightful and the ones I know are pretty cool.

Yeah that is pretty sad, but their relevance in hoops is non existent and maybe even less than NC State over time. I guess that is to be expected.
I hope their relevance in hoops THIS year (our only top 25 win), plus another win or two in Brooklyn, helps us to make the Big Dance. ;)

so I read comments over there and they are complete jerks. Somebody posted how they are trash so I wanted to check out their forum. Some of them actually making fun of Boeheims prostate cancer.

75 percent of their complaints are about refs (I thought they favored Clemson until last 3 min). People can say what they want about "most fans" but most of their posts are downright disgusting. Their fa base is definitely trash

IDK, I've seen our fans be truly awful.

The people I met at the football game this fall were mostly delightful and the ones I know are pretty cool.
The ones you meet at games: Have money to travel or are NE based Clemson fans. A different subset than the Internet based fans that started and feed threads like the one I linked.

Too be fair we have some idiots too...a few make me cringe watching them at away games.

Last edited:
so I read comments over there and they are complete jerks. Somebody posted how they are trash so I wanted to check out their forum. Some of them actually making fun of Boeheims prostate cancer.

75 percent of their complaints are about refs (I thought they favored Clemson until last 3 min). People can say what they want about "most fans" but most of their posts are downright disgusting. Their fa base is definitely trash
What I was alluding too...you take a deeper dive into their board and see what is written...and tolerated over there.

There's some truth here but it depends where the fans are from.

It's no secret that "Good ol' boys" from the rural/non-urban parts of Georgia/SC/NC are not thrilled with "Yankees" moving to the south and that includes Cuse joining the ACC.

You'll have zero problem being a New Yorker in 2018, living in Atlanta, Greenville, Columbia, Charleston, Charlotte or Raleigh but if you venture outside of the cities and into the burbs/rural areas of those states, the anti-Yankee sentiment is still very real.
Probably about equal to the total derisive disdain the NE population has for anyone from the south.

Just about everything went our way, the last few minutes. Couple cheap ones called on them. This board would be all over the refs if that happened to us.

Any examples of bad calls that went SU's way? I spotted Chukwu shoving a guy for his fifth without a whistle, but that's all I've got.

Probably about equal to the total derisive disdain the NE population has for anyone from the south.
I've been on both sides of that fence and believe me if you are a "Yankee" moving to the south, it's worse.
One of their favorite expressions in various versions is "Delta is ready to take you back."

When Saban retires and Dabo goes back to Bama they will suck at everything again

When Saban retires and Dabo goes back to Bama they will suck at everything again
Don't agree...that would be like Yukon fans telling us when Boeheim retires we'll suck at basketball. Can Clemson make a bad choice in hire? Sure, but they would fall back to average and the guy would probably get fired in 2-3 seasons. Cuse would do the same...maybe allow 3-4 seasons vs 2-3.

Clemson Football is "too big to fail". Maybe they wouldn't be annual title contenders but they have Scrooge McDuck $$$ pouring in.

Any examples of bad calls that went SU's way? I spotted Chukwu shoving a guy for his fifth without a whistle, but that's all I've got.
My memory isn't so good but I can give you snippets.
  1. Their fast break where we block the lay-up. Could have been called.
  2. Their 2nd guy goes over the back trying to get the rebound. Gets called. Could have been a no-call.
  3. Another over the back going for a rebound on the bleacher side of the basket at our defensive end (leading to Chuckwu's free throws?). Could have been a no-call.
  4. One (or two) guys went to the floor going for a rebound at our defensive end. Called on them. Could have been a no-call or could have been against us.

If I get a chance, I'll re-watch and give a better description.

Happens when none of your teams can beat cuse

Pretty sure this happened with State fans and they slapped us in the mouth and kicked us in the spine this year.

Don't agree...that would be like Yukon fans telling us when Boeheim retires we'll suck at basketball. Can Clemson make a bad choice in hire? Sure, but they would fall back to average and the guy would probably get fired in 2-3 seasons. Cuse would do the same...maybe allow 3-4 seasons vs 2-3.
It was more of an emotional reaction to them accusing Juli Boeheim of sleeping with our players. Which is disgusting. I mean if they had said that about my own mother that would be one thing. But Juli.

TexanMark you do know that the message board is nothing but trolls right? It used to be good but mods let it get out of control. I don't even visit it. Not sure I'd label an entire fan base off of that site but that's just me.
Will TigerNet fans are trash work? LOL

What is the decent Clemson board that isn't behind a paywall?

TexanMark you do know that the message board is nothing but trolls right? It used to be good but mods let it get out of control. I don't even visit it. Not sure I'd label an entire fan base off of that site but that's just me.

You are correct here.

Will TigerNet fans are trash work? LOL

What is the decent Clemson board that isn't behind a paywall?
Unfortunately I dont know of a good free board that's somewhat active.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom