Clemson game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson game

I found this ACCT bracket generator program. No idea if its legit. You can click on the remaining games and generate a bracket.

mred's ACC MBB Tournament Bracket Generator

If NC St. wins out against awful GT and BC, and Cuse and L'ville lose making a 3 way tie at 10-8 this generator has Louisville winning the 3 way tiebreak with this script

6. Louisville (10 - 8) Defeated North Carolina State and Syracuse based on record against #1 teams.
7. North Carolina State (10 - 8) With Syracuse, lost to Louisville based on record against #1 teams. Defeated Syracuse based on head-to-head record.
8. Syracuse (10 - 8) With North Carolina State, lost to Louisville based on record against #1 teams. Lost to North Carolina State based on head-to-head record.

I also got this from an article in The Chronicle (Duke paper)

6. Syracuse (10-7)
Best case: The Orange cannot go any higher than the No. 6 seed after losing to Virginia Monday night.
Worst case: If Syracuse loses Saturday and N.C. State takes care of business against Georgia Tech and Boston College, the Orange would drop to the 8th seed.
7. Louisville (10-7)
Best case: The Cardinals, in a highly unlikely scenario, could move all the way up to fifth place. That would require a win Saturday at Virginia, two Virginia Tech losses and two Syracuse losses.
Worst case: A loss keeps Louisville right where it is in seventh.
8. N.C. State (8-8)
Best case: A pair of losses from Syracuse combined with two Wolfpack wins would open the door for the chance at the No. 7 seed.
Worst case: N.C. State will only drop to No. 9 with a pair of Clemson wins and two of their own losses.

But then another poster said the ACC rules website said SU in a three way tie with L'ville and NCSU with all them having a 1-1 record vs. each other that SU would not get the 8 seed based on the next tiebreakers. Please SU just win Saturday so my head doesn't explode. I really don't want to sneak away from work to watch a Wednesday Noon game.

Last edited:
according to the ACC rules posted by somebody else, the generator is wrong. If NC St. wins out against awful GT and BC, and Cuse and L'ville lose making a 3 way tie at 10-8 this generator has Louisville winning the 3 way tiebreak with this script

6. Louisville (10 - 8) Defeated North Carolina State and Syracuse based on record against #1 teams.
7. North Carolina State (10 - 8) With Syracuse, lost to Louisville based on record against #1 teams. Defeated Syracuse based on head-to-head record.
8. Syracuse (10 - 8) With North Carolina State, lost to Louisville based on record against #1 teams. Lost to North Carolina State based on head-to-head record.
Interesting. I’ll email the guy in the morning. The plot thickens

Interesting. I’ll email the guy in the morning. The plot thickens

I think the generator might be right. I found the thread and this sounds correct:

Looking at the tiebreaker rules for the ACC tourney you only quoted (3) a & b.
This is how you break the tie with 3 teams. Then if you go down to (3) d it states “If two teams remain tied, procedures (1) and (2) will be followed.” (Part b says until “one” team gets an advantage. )

Therefore if NC State, Lville and us are all tied at 10-8 and UNC beats Duke. Lville win the tie breaker between us 3 tied at 10-8... then you drop down to “d” where it states...
“If two teams remain tied, procedures (1) and (2) will be followed.”
Then you go back up to (1) where it states... “(1) When two teams are tied in the standings, regular season head-to-head results are used as the tiebreaker.”

Therefore since NC State beat us they get the 7 and we get the 8... or at least this is how I read the tiebreakers.

so there's actually a scenario where UVA beats L'ville, SU loses to Clemson, NCSU wins out, and any SU fan that doesn't want to see a Noon ACCT game will have to root for Duke on Saturday night. Please Orangemen win on Saturday so this nightmare scenario doesn't happen.

We are not on the bubble. How many times does this need to be repeated on this board? I understand past seasons have traumatized us, but anyone who somewhat follows college basketball this year should know we aren’t even close. Even with a loss at Clemson.

What does on the bubble mean? like this very second? if so, then we are in - but if we lose to Clemson and lose our first game in the ACC tourney - then we are not on the bubble - we are cemented in the NIT - u r a delusional homer if u think else - we need to beat Clemson or win our first game - I'd like to beat Clemson and win some games in the ACC

A couple of things.

We most definitely should have been a bubble team in 2007. We weren't even in every bracket on the matrix and our average seed was the 10 line with some bracketers having us on the 12 line. Bracket watching was not nearly as popular back then so some of you probably didn't pay attention that we were very close to out at the time.

This team is not that team

We are an 8 seed on the matrix. We have played a tougher schedule. That is not the bubble. The matrix has never missed on any teams on the 9 line or higher. They missed on 11’s last year and mostly 11 or 12's every year.

Right now Alabama is projected in the field. They are 17-13 overall. Win against Clemson and our first ACC game and i think we are talking 6/7 seed still.

What does on the bubble mean? like this very second? if so, then we are in - but if we lose to Clemson and lose our first game in the ACC tourney - then we are not on the bubble - we are cemented in the NIT - u r a delusional homer if u think else - we need to beat Clemson or win our first game - I'd like to beat Clemson and win some games in the ACC

You can't say we are cemented in the NIT if we lose 2 in a row. There's a lot of teams projected in the field now worse than us. Where do you guys make this stuff up?

A good friend who works for me is a Gator fan, so I follow them a bit to see how they're doing. I saw they lost to Georgia at home the other night and thought, dangggg bubble burst right there... Nah, they're still like an 8 seed.

In relation to the Clemson game, I just hope that our coaching staff is stressing the importance of stopping foul line jumpers from Elijah Thomas..

If NC St. wins out against awful GT and BC, and Cuse and L'ville lose making a 3 way tie at 10-8 this generator has Louisville winning the 3 way tiebreak with this script

I also got this from an article in The Chronicle (Duke paper)

6. Syracuse (10-7)
Best case: The Orange cannot go any higher than the No. 6 seed after losing to Virginia Monday night.
Worst case: If Syracuse loses Saturday and N.C. State takes care of business against Georgia Tech and Boston College, the Orange would drop to the 8th seed.
7. Louisville (10-7)
Best case: The Cardinals, in a highly unlikely scenario, could move all the way up to fifth place. That would require a win Saturday at Virginia, two Virginia Tech losses and two Syracuse losses.
Worst case: A loss keeps Louisville right where it is in seventh.
8. N.C. State (8-8)
Best case: A pair of losses from Syracuse combined with two Wolfpack wins would open the door for the chance at the No. 7 seed.
Worst case: N.C. State will only drop to No. 9 with a pair of Clemson wins and two of their own losses.

But then another poster said the ACC rules website said SU in a three way tie with L'ville and NCSU with all them having a 1-1 record vs. each other that SU would not get the 8 seed based on the next tiebreakers. Please SU just win Saturday so my head doesn't explode. I really don't want to sneak away from work to watch a Wednesday Noon game.
If you change the winner of UNC/Duke to Duke keeping everything else the same, SU gets the 6 seed. Duke doing well helps us because of that second tiebreaker.

I will tell you the same thing I told Briancuse - go look at the teams that are projected to be on the bubble right now. Actually look into their numbers and analyze them. This is purely a numbers and results analysis, not a “delusional homer” talking point.

There are teams with losing conference records that are projected in the field right now, with little to no road wins. We have 6 road wins - 6. That’s more than most teams below us on the matrix. Who is leapfrogging us if we lose the next 2? There would have to be pure and utter chaos across all of the conference tournaments this year in order for that to happen. Can it happen? Of course. I could also win the Powerball jackpot this weekend too.

If you change the winner of UNC/Duke to Duke keeping everything else the same, SU gets the 6 seed. Duke doing well helps us because of that second tiebreaker.

Duke is not winning at UNC, especially if Zion is out. The game I could see going our way is BC beating NC State. Should have beaten them in Raleigh. BC also recently beat Louisville at home. Of course let's just win at Clemson and put this all to bed.

TFW you post something abhorrently ignorant but in your mind it's top-shelf

The "quadrant system" really changed things.
In fairness (if not accuracy) it does seem as if this season should make the Orange a bubble team.
Quite a few bad losses (either by large margins or to poor teams)...partially offset by 2 or 3 nice wins.
Traditionally not what we expect but it is what we've experienced since about 2015.
The quadrant system existed the past two years. This year the NET rating replaced the RPI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom