Clemson opens -21 over SU... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson opens -21 over SU...

Dabo, you guys are unbeatable and really, really good. Coming off a NC - why worry about Syracuse?! ;)
Yeah.
upload_2017-10-8_20-25-21.png

if the defense limits the big plays we can compete, but the catch is were going to have run dungey

21 is fair. Clemson is as good as they come. Other than Slayton Bennet and possibly Ish we dont have a player who would start for them.

21 is fair. Clemson is as good as they come. Other than Slayton Bennet and possibly Ish we dont have a player who would start for them.
I doubt any of these guys would start for Clemson. Certainly not a DL.

Clemson will have their bye week after this game. IMO this makes Dabo less likely to pull the first string guys. Clemson 43 - Cuse 17. Lay the points.

If Clemson covers the spread this week it will be because our 2nd and 3rd teams are effective on both offense and defense. Dabo's strategy this year has been to bring in the reserves early in the third quarter so they can get reps against full speed competition. He knows we're going to lose most of our junior starters on defense this year and he's trying to fast track the younger guys. On offense, the freshmen are more talented that the upperclassmen at most positions. They just need playing time. Hopefully that's going to pay off later in the season when opponents are wearing down from the long schedule and it will certainly help in whatever version of the post season that awaits us.

If Clemson covers the spread this week it will be because our 2nd and 3rd teams are effective on both offense and defense. Dabo's strategy this year has been to bring in the reserves early in the third quarter so they can get reps against full speed competition. He knows we're going to lose most of our junior starters on defense this year and he's trying to fast track the younger guys. On offense, the freshmen are more talented that the upperclassmen at most positions. They just need playing time. Hopefully that's going to pay off later in the season when opponents are wearing down from the long schedule and it will certainly help in whatever version of the post season that awaits us.

What positions are youth more talented on o? Runningback is only one I can think of, but the younger guys are starters there.

What positions are youth more talented on o? Runningback is only one I can think of, but the younger guys are starters there.
Higgins and Rogers come to mind as raw talent that needs both practice and playing time. You can also argue that Hunter Johnson has more pure quarterbacking skills than KB. On his one drive last week, I was pleasantly surprised at how fast he looked off multiple receivers then got the ball into someone's hand before the rush could get close to him. KB is still the better choice to lead the team because he is more athletic and more experienced. He is as good at turning disastrous plays into positive plays as anyone I can remember.

I could see us winning by a small number.. But I can also see us losing by 40.. We could play really well and lose this game. No other game so far had we played well would we have lost and that includes (nc st/LSU) we win by 14+. but then when was the last complete game we played (VT?)

Higgins and Rogers come to mind as raw talent that needs both practice and playing time. You can also argue that Hunter Johnson has more pure quarterbacking skills than KB. On his one drive last week, I was pleasantly surprised at how fast he looked off multiple receivers then got the ball into someone's hand before the rush could get close to him. KB is still the better choice to lead the team because he is more athletic and more experienced. He is as good at turning disastrous plays into positive plays as anyone I can remember.
Higgins and rogers are not more talented than rayray and cain..there is no evidence of that.

Johnson did look good in one drive, then blah in one...against wake. Bryant beat auburn, lvl, and vt... no way one can claim they have more talent at this point.

Higgins and rogers are not more talented than rayray and cain..there is no evidence of that.

Johnson did look good in one drive, then blah in one...against wake. Bryant beat auburn, lvl, and vt... no way one can claim they have more talent at this point.
Evidence? I don't need no stinkin' evidence!! This is an internet message board. All I need is an opinion.

Everybody's got an opinion.

They seem to be the only fan base that even visits this site other than a few Nole fans.