Clemson Postgame Thoughts 2 | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Postgame Thoughts 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with all of this, particularly with more well-rounded players, at least ideally. I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I think switchable size (versus a traditional center) would be another way to address deficiencies through the portal. One issue we have is that Brown isn't a traditional big, but the other we have is that we are often running a lineup without much size when you consider Taylor is 6'6" with decent but not elite athleticism and Bell is 6'7" or so and not an interior player. I think a front line that had a bit more size and athleticism could be an option versus a traditional big who may really struggle with switches on the perimeter.
Agreed. Give me a couple of thick 6’ 7” dudes who can move over our usual beanpole 5 and soft 4 any day.

Agreed. Give me a couple of thick 6’ 7” dudes who can move over our usual beanpole 5 and soft 4 any day.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

My takeaway is that it took a 5th year (on another team) for JG3 to finally get in shape and become an efficient scorer.
He’s in great shape because he had no choice. For the first time in college he was held to higher standards. He didn’t have free reign to do whatever he wanted. He’s been held accountable at Clemson and you can see how more efficient he has become. Joe has always been extremely competitive. Clemson has brought out the best in him in both ends of the court. Brownell takes no crap from anyone.

I didn't read the entire thread, so if this was already said, I apologize, but as a casual fan just watching a good game, I came away with 2 impressions:
1) Syracuse had more talented players
2) Clemson played better "team" ball, especially on offense
IMO, a little more coaching, running some designed plays, I think Syracuse is THERE.

I am glad for Joe. He undeservedly took a lot of grief from Syracuse fans. He had a fine career, but likely would have been better had he been used more appropriately. His only job should ever have been hunting shots. JB wanting max shooters on the floor really played against his strengths. I hope he goes very far in the NCAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom