Clemson Postgame thoughts... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Postgame thoughts...

There's been dozens of posts after the game with people called "morons", "stupid", etc., but those are from long-time posters, who presumably were not publicly reprimanded and banned.

If it’s seen it’s deleted.

If you want to help link them here and I’ll gladly delete it.

The last play people are saying CJ was open. He wasn’t. BUT he was in single coverage with the safety. Take a shot to the corner of the end zone where it’s unlikely to be picked off.

Bottom line - Shraders weakness is not trusting his other receivers or even looking at them. It’s shades of DeVito locking in on Taj. Alford went up and made a huge catch to extend that drive because garret gave him the opportunity. We need WR help. But this supporting cast is not as bad as they’re being made out to be either.

The last play people are saying CJ was open. He wasn’t. BUT he was in single coverage with the safety. Take a shot to the corner of the end zone where it’s unlikely to be picked off.

Bottom line - Shraders weakness is not trusting his other receivers or even looking at them. It’s shades of DeVito locking in on Taj. Alford went up and made a huge catch to extend that drive because garret gave him the opportunity. We need WR help. But this supporting cast is not as bad as they’re being made out to be either.
last time shrader took a shot with jackson it was picked vs nc state

SU didn't lose - they got beat. Syracuse, this year, has a humble, winning personality overall, as a team. They are not losers. I hate whining.

The ball that Cooper dropped hit his right shoulder, which was his leading shoulder. Not a good pass though he has to make that catch.
No you’re wrong. It’s a slant and hits his trailing shoulder pad. He has to slide down backwards to have any chance at the pass.

And yes, it’s a play you want to see your guy catch but the pass is crap just like most of his passes. Receivers bail him out regularly.

DB93AE52-AD17-4BB5-8E65-D79EFBBB4AC7.jpeg

Last edited:
McDonough or Todd Blackledge said "he (or a receiver?) should have made that."

They did say It’s a ball that needs to be caught. It’s thrown down and away from the defender is what Blacklidge says, but the fact of the matter is the receiver is running a slant, it should be in front of the receiver not down and away (behind) him. It’s a tough catch.

Gadsden also bailed out shrader in the first quarter with a great catch on a pass way behind him.

No you’re wrong. It’s a slant and hits his trailing shoulder pad. He has to slide down backwards to have any chance at the pass.

And yes, it’s a play you want to see your guy catch but the pass is crap just like most of his passes. Receivers bail him out regularly.
I watched the replay. It hit his leading shoulder. He didn't slide backwards either. He has to make the catch.

I watched the replay. It hit his leading shoulder. He didn't slide backwards either. He has to make the catch.

You’re blind then. I just watched the replay to and posted a still.

You’re blind then. I just watched the replay to and post a still.
Your still shows the ball either about to hit his leading shoulder, or had just hit it.

My question for offense is why the change in philosophy from the first half? I mean sure you expect Clemson to go in at half and make adjustments but why don't you keep on running the same plan in the second half until they actually stop you. Maybe it's me but it feels like our OC overthunk (sniglet) the calls in the second half.

You’re blind then. I just watched the replay to and post a still.

Your still makes you look wrong. The throw isn't low and is on his right shoulder. Your anti agenda Shrader so you will never be convinced otherwise.

Your still shows the ball either about to hit his leading shoulder, or had just hit it.

Dude he’s running a deep slant or a square in. He’s running a pattern to the middle of the field. He has to slide down to stop his forward mo and catch a ball that is a yard behind him and a foot off the ground.

This still is the initial pattern.

1F539EE8-10C1-45E5-A7E6-CE40E26A8708.jpeg

Your still makes you look wrong. The throw isn't low and is on his right shoulder. Your anti agenda Shrader so you will never be convinced otherwise.

No it’s his left shoulder. If you’re the wr facing Shrader it’s his left. You learned in grade school that if you hold up your left hand the thumb and index finger make an L right ?

I have no real Shrader agenda I would go to war with the guy he’s got more Moxie then anyone on the team doesn’t make him a good passer or quarterback but he’s better than DeVito.

No it’s his left shoulder. If you’re the wr facing Shrader it’s his left. You learned in grade school that if you hold up your left hand the thumb and index finger make an L right ?

I have no real Shrader agenda I would go to war with the guy he’s got more Moxie then anyone on the team doesn’t make him a good passer or quarterback but he’s better than DeVito.

You call for Shrader to be benched each of the last 16 games

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom