Clemson QB Kelly Bryant...He gone to Mizzou | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson QB Kelly Bryant...He gone to Mizzou

Nevermind. Should’ve read the rest before I posted this. Been adequately covered.

Last edited:
This may be the most delusional post ever. It's actually really easy to understand Lawrence is 1,000X better than Bryant. To put it in terms you will understand their offense just went from a Yugo to a Ferrari. We are Supremely screwed. Bryant playing half the game would have been better for Syracuse.

Tend to agree. I think Syracuse fans that think this will help or cause Clemson any team turmoil are mistaken. Programs like Clemson recruit the best of the best and sometimes those freshman are better than multi-year starters and if you don't play the best players, that would seem a good way to lose your team also.

No he could still stay on sideline and rep team just not play anymore if I am correct. That if I was a Kent st or someone else would make me think this is a standup guy. Don’t like guys who quit period. It’s the easy thing to do. Just my opinion.

How is leaving the team and teammates you've been with for 4 years the easy thing. Think you have that backwards.

Moving on to a new program with new coaches and a new offense and going after a starting job. Seems so easy compared to staying where you've been the past 4 years for another 10 weeks.

Last edited:
How is leaving the team and teammates you've been with for 4 years the easy thing. Think you have that backwards.

Moving on to a new program with new coaches and a new offense and going after a starting job. Seems so easy compared to staying where you've been the past 4 years for another 10 weeks.
It must be cause he left like Edsall did. Gone gone gone. He didn’t think of team or anyone else but himself. Either way he ain’t coming here so I don’t care. Just pointing out what I would make my son do. And further more it would give Bryant more time to figure what schools he wants to go to.

It must be cause he left like Edsall did. Gone gone gone. He didn’t think of team or anyone else but himself. Either way he ain’t coming here so I don’t care. Just pointing out what I would make my son do. And further more it would give Bryant more time to figure what schools he wants to go to.

It's just an old man way of thinking where you put pride ahead of a smart decision. If he's on the sideline and dressed and Lawrence twists his ankle and has to come out for a quarter, does he now feel compelled to have to fill in and end his career?

I've left my friends, family and job for better opportunities elsewhere. It's a simple decision to make. It's no different other than the mindset that these kids are some kind of cattle and owe someone something that they don't.

No he could still stay on sideline and rep team just not play anymore if I am correct. That if I was a Kent st or someone else would make me think this is a standup guy. Don’t like guys who quit period. It’s the easy thing to do. Just my opinion.

That dumb. Whats the point of hiim sticking around? What if Lawrence loses a shoe, or helmet comes off, or sprians a pinky or something minor and Bryant is Forced to go in for a meaningless series or quarter etc. Then he loses the next 18 months for that meaningless series. Also the longer he stays, the more reps he takes away in practice from the next guy.

I dont blame the kid at all. If he was my kid I would have no issues with his decision. If there's one thing I have learned in my 37 years on this planet, it's you have to look out for you/your family FIRST.

Well l guess my take on Bryant leaving is a little different...….all these kids train with the dream of playing at the next level. l get that Bryant is a program player and Lawrence is a difference maker but shouldn't loyalty go both ways. Bryant being a senior should of kept his starting position, it's not like Lawrence wasn't playing and you go with the hot hand...….like Dungey getting replaced because DeVito who is highly re-guarded looked good against Florida St...…not Dino's way

That dumb. Whats the point of hiim sticking around? What if Lawrence loses a shoe, or helmet comes off, or sprians a pinky or something minor and Bryant is Forced to go in for a meaningless series or quarter etc. Then he loses the next 18 months for that meaningless series. Also the longer he stays, the more reps he takes away in practice from the next guy.

I dont blame the kid at all. If he was my kid I would have no issues with his decision. If there's one thing I have learned in my 37 years on this planet, it's you have to look out for you/your family FIRST.
And as a grown up that’s your decision but as a parent and father I wouldn’t let my kid quit cause then they will always take easy way out. No one has agree with me . That’s how I was taught. No way in hell would my dad let me leave. He always said I could do anything I want except quit.

Well l guess my take on Bryant leaving is a little different...….all these kids train with the dream of playing at the next level. l get that Bryant is a program player and Lawrence is a difference maker but shouldn't loyalty go both ways. Bryant being a senior should of kept his starting position, it's not like Lawrence wasn't playing and you go with the hot hand...….like Dungey getting replaced because DeVito who is highly re-guarded looked good against Florida St...…not Dino's way
Playing guys simply because they’re older and “not bad” isn’t how it works at Clemson. The standard is best, so the best guys must play.

KB did get the benefit of loyalty: he was the presumptive starter and got 4 games to show he was better.

Dungey won out the starting spot not DeVito. Bryant didn't win out the starting spot...he was given the chance and it was decided Lawrence was better. If DeVito was better than Dungey he would be starting.

If this rule is here to stay and I am a player I'm not 'wasting' my redshirt as a freshman why not keep it in your pocket and use it when you need it (get beat out by a younger player first few games of a season.)

It's just an old man way of thinking where you put pride ahead of a smart decision. If he's on the sideline and dressed and Lawrence twists his ankle and has to come out for a quarter, does he now feel compelled to have to fill in and end his career?

I've left my friends, family and job for better opportunities elsewhere. It's a simple decision to make. It's no different other than the mindset that these kids are some kind of cattle and owe someone something that they don't.
I guess in the work mindset u making a compelling argument.

is this Cutliffe as in Duke's head coach?

and can you translate the first tweet - what did he mean?
Yes Duke's HC. I think he was saying that Dabo decided to give Lawrence the starting position based on his evaluation...not posters or fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom