Clemson travel plans | Syracusefan.com

Clemson travel plans

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
Any chance tomorrow is in jeopardy?

Any chance tomorrow is in jeopardy?

Maybe they were smart, looked ahead and left yesterday. Otherwise they may have to come in tomorrow AM. Is the airport closed yet?

Maybe they were smart, looked ahead and left yesterday. Otherwise they may have to come in tomorrow AM. Is the airport closed yet?

We opted to drive up from DC last evening. Looking outside just now, I’m glad we did.

Had a friend that was flying in late this evening. Flight already cancelled.

We opted to drive up from DC last evening. Looking outside just now, I’m glad we did.

Had a friend that was flying in late this evening. Flight already cancelled.

Smart man.

Is Clemson going to be able to make it for tomorrow’s game? Honest question. Most flights into Hancock are cancelled today.

Awesome, our only Quad 1 win will be a forfeit :) can't make this stuff up.

Maybe they'll sneak it in the morning of our first ACCT game. :rolleyes: It's not like we only have 5.5 players or anything.

How bad is it? Classes were never, and I mean never, cancelled when I was a student. And '78 was a weather disaster year

They're much more cautious these days. Cancellations aren't as rare now.

That said, I was way off in mocking that crazy-snow model. We're getting a lot more than forecast because the temperature dropped fast overnight and the snow started a lot closer to midnight than to daybreak. It's some of the heaviest snow I've seen - there are a lot of tree limbs and power lines down in neighborhoods near the Hill.

Well I’m flying in for the game now. Leaving Detroit. We are on the plane, and the captain just came on with a final weather check that we are a go. Said “weather is marginal, but not so bad that we are worried. We will be taking off soon.”

So I’m assuming the team was able to make it if we are.

Wonder if they charter or fly commercial? Was surprised to hear we are one of a small number of D1 teams that charter everywhere.

A charter flight will be fine later today.

Any chance for game to be moved to Sunday?

Wonder if they charter or fly commercial? Was surprised to hear we are one of a small number of D1 teams that charter everywhere.

I think you may be remembering this artcile taht 20 own or ownshare planes

Schools paying millions to use private planes

Clemson almost certainly uses charter almost exclusively for their revenue teams and prob SOME circumstances non rev as well. That goes for most of P5.

the front is moving back towards the coast. some forecasts have it for heavier snow until after midnight now.. the band is hovering right around 81.

Any chance for game to be moved to Sunday?

I was thinking the same thing. I hope it stays scheduled for tomorrow and that Clemson has to fly in last minute. we need all the edge we can get.

Virtually all flights out of NYC were cancelled today (including mine). But most of the cancellations were due to weather in NYC ... not at the destination. Now, both LGA and JFK are officially shut down.

Last edited:
Anyone need tickets? I got 4 that we will be unable to use now. Section 122

Virtually all flights out of NYC were cancelled today (including mine). But most of the cancellations were due to weather in NYC ... not at the destination.
Are you going to try to get there still? Maybe fly up early morning? Was thinking of you, and came on here just to see if you made it or not.

Virtually all flights out of NYC were cancelled today (including mine). But most of the cancellations were due to weather in NYC ... not at the destination.

Yeah, its basically all of the above though. Flights from Detroit - Syr are cancelled on Delta. Once a hub like NYC goes down it throws everything in a tizzy. planes arent where they are supposed to be. crews are in different cities at different times.

You definitely don't want to be in Airline Logisitcs (or even PR in yours and my wifes *corp comm*case) today.

JetBlue is still flying some routes in and around NYC and Boston. They seem to be the only 1 flying as much as they are, other than some international flights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom