Clemson travel plans | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson travel plans

Are you going to try to get there still? Maybe fly up early morning? Was thinking of you, and came on here just to see if you made it or not.
JFK and LGA are both totally shut down. The winds around here are fierce, with hurricane gusts reported. I couldn't send my court side tickets to anyone else on such short notice, so I told John Wildhack to put the seats to good use (e.g., a potential donor).

Last edited:
They won't let them take off if they cannot land at their destination.

At worst, they can definitely land in Rochester. But there are flights in the air now en route to SYR.

Virtually all flights out of NYC were cancelled today (including mine). But most of the cancellations were due to weather in NYC ... not at the destination. Now, both LGA and JFK are officially shut down.
That's odd. I'm maybe 3-4 miles from LGA right now and it's a little windy but not even raining...

That's odd. I'm maybe 3-4 miles from LGA right now and it's a little windy but not even raining...

JFK is landing flights and a few takeoffs. But not much at all. Its mainly JetBlue that somehow is still moving with a few DAL's and internationals sprinkled in.

Certainly very slow compared to a normal Friday. It looks like LGA has been completely shut down for almost 2 hours.

John F Kennedy Intl Airport (New York, NY) KJFK / JFK Flight Tracker ✈ FlightAware
LaGuardia Airport (New York, NY) KLGA / LGA Flight Tracker ✈ FlightAware

there is still activity at JFK. not much, but domestic and international. A JetBlue flight took off at 2:34 heading to Palm Beach. Maybe its carrying Ivanka, but it departed somehow.

I leave Ft Lauderdale airport tomorrow to Cuse. Wouldn't mind a day or two longer here.

Virtually all flights out of NYC were cancelled today (including mine). But most of the cancellations were due to weather in NYC ... not at the destination. Now, both LGA and JFK are officially shut down.
63 mph wind gusts at NYC airports this afternoon.

nvmd... this must be the flight. seems like a hike to drive up to Greensboro NC but no other reason for a md 83 charter to be flying to SYR today

World Atlantic Airlines #740 ✈ FlightAware

Looks like they are about to take off, but keep an eye to see if its delayed or not.
I bet this is the SU ladies bball coming home after getting upset yesterday afternoon in Greensboro ACCT.

JFK and LGA are both totally shut down. The winds around here are fierce, with hurricane gusts reported. I couldn't send my court side tickets to anyone else on such short notice, so I told John Wildhack to put the seats to good use (e.g., a potential donor).[/QUOTES
Sorry you are missing it.

I hate to snow on all of our parades, but our team somehow got diverted to Wisconsin when they flew to Louisville, and got in quite late. You would think they’d be totally off their feed, but they played well. At any rate, we do need ALL the help we can get! Snow, do your worst! I mean best.

Let's pull for late late late arrival tonight and a sleepy team tmrw primed for the upset!
I wouldn't be adverse to Clemson having to hike a few miles to get to the dome.

They will be out playing in the snow until 3am. No way we win now.
Screenshot_2018-03-02-21-23-49.png

I believe it's the fourth greatest daily snowfall for March. Third place is the 18.9 inches we got last March 14th.

How soon we forget.....

Last edited:
I wouldn't be adverse to Clemson having to hike a few miles to get to the dome.

Haha. Somehow I have the feeling the more adversity a team faces or if any players are out against us we’re doomed. It’s unbelievable really with the ND, FSU, Wake games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom