Clemson Vistors | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Vistors

I don't know how much this helped or hurt the staff's efforts, but I'm sure the kids were impressed by the turnout.

Many of the recruits sit near me in the dome, they were certainly into the game until it got out of reach.

We had a lot of 5 star recruits there and I’m guessing they were thinking if I come here, Im going to be starting day 1

Many of the recruits sit near me in the dome, they were certainly into the game until it got out of reach.

We had a lot of 5 star recruits there and I’m guessing they were thinking if I come here, Im going to be starting day 1

And if they're as good as advertised the crowd will be like that the entire game.

I'm not saying this to be an @ss at all but if the concept of playing time helped us land recruits, we'd be landing recruits like this for the last 10-15 years. The highest ranked kids don't worry about playing time, 2 star kids wonder if they'll ever see the field.

“I could start there as a true Freshman”. ;)
Hope he is thinking this would be great place to play in a Dome with HUGEEEEE crowds and a great coach in Dino Babers saying to himself, this team really really needs me.

Semo and Colon. Two 2022s out of Section 9. I heard last fall that Semo is a definite D-1 prospect. Wonder if they'll stick or head 30-45 min south to Bergen Catholic, Don Bosco, Stepinac, etc.

2021 TE/WR Hugh Laughlin, Athens, GA

SU commit James Williams liked this tweet

Last edited:
If you were a recruit at that game, you had to have chills. That Dome was absolutely insane when the team ran out. The fans will show up and I have no doubt that we will continue to improve. Add in the Demo renovations, as well as the chance to compete for playing time early on, and Syracuse has to look good. Sure the outcome of the game sucked, but as an overall atmosphere showing, The Hill was rocking all day yesterday. Was so much fun.

I'm not saying this to be an @ss at all but if the concept of playing time helped us land recruits, we'd be landing recruits like this for the last 10-15 years. The highest ranked kids don't worry about playing time, 2 star kids wonder if they'll ever see the field.

a potential response is that the combination of the team improving (10-3 season) plus potential for early playing time could help land recruits, though i have to agree the early playing time is overstated. at the end of the day, winning drives everything -- recruiting and fans in the dome.

a potential response is that the combination of the team improving (10-3 season) plus potential for early playing time could help land recruits, though i have to agree the early playing time is overstated. at the end of the day, winning drives everything -- recruiting and fans in the dome.

There's so many factors and every kid has different reasons for choosing different places. I've found you almost never really know. But the potential for early playing time by higher rated players, historically doesn't seem to matter. I agree though, factoring in the other things, improvement on the field/excitement around the program/etc. Playing time can be a piece of the equation. But to me it's similar to, why wouldn't every offensive player in the country want to play here with the stats we put up. Or when Shafer was here people said we'll get higher rated D players now because who wouldn't want to play in his aggressive system. None of those things seem to matter a lot as factors or we'd be raking in big time recruits.

2021 QB Billy Edwards, Lake Braddock HS, Burke, VA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom