Cleveland’s Baseball Team Will Drop Its Indians Team Name | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cleveland’s Baseball Team Will Drop Its Indians Team Name

Didn't we have another thread about this?

I submit the Cleveland Hot Licks.

“All the little chicks with the crimson lips...”

As silly as ROCKS may seem, it has the RNR HOF (loose), and blaring that tune in the stadium could work.

We’ve determined that the nickname is incredibly offensive... but we’re gonna stick with it for another year while we work on a new nickname. Hahaha... so dumb.

If it's offending Native Americans, than get rid of it.

If people from the northeast get offended by Yankees, I'm saying goodbye to this cruel world.

And if PETA jumps in and says that using animal names is offensive, will a line be drawn?

If people from the northeast get offended by Yankees, I'm saying goodbye to this cruel world.

And if PETA jumps in and says that using animal names is offensive, will a line be drawn?
Honestly I have taken the position stop fighting with angry.

It sucks the oxygen out of situations.
Redskins was a no brainer to get rid of.
Stanford got rid of Indians in 1972.
So I guess they thought it was offensive so Cleveland can get rid of it as well.

Braves/Chiefs/Blackhawks are going to get pressure.
Chiefs are named after the nickname of the KC Mayor when Lamar Hunt moved them to KC from Dallas.
Has nothing to do with Native Americans. His nickname was Chief.

I think that Cleveland should do exactly what Bomani Jones was SJ warrior-ing for. Name the squad the Cleveland Caucasians and then watch the woke world stroke out when those without white guilt embrace the name and buy caps and t-shirts... lol.

C0C3D241-FBF2-4472-A9D7-03706255A6AD.jpeg

No im not but I have heard Native Americans say the term isn't that offensive.
All depends on the tribe. Back in 2011-2012, I did work for the Bureau of Indian Affairs on a bunch of reservations/tribal offices in Montana, the Dakotas, Wyoming, Minnesota and Oklahoma. The folks I worked with called themselves natives (or native Americans) more than anything else, but Indians was also regularly used, and I was told frequently the term was okay to use.

All depends on the tribe. Back in 2011-2012, I did work for the Bureau of Indian Affairs on a bunch of reservations/tribal offices in Montana, the Dakotas, Wyoming, Minnesota and Oklahoma. The folks I worked with called themselves natives (or native Americans) more than anything else, but Indians was also regularly used, and I was told frequently the term was okay to use.
I think,from my limited knowledge, the people living in those places have far more important things to worry about than sports team nicknames.

I think that Cleveland should do exactly what Bomani Jones was SJ warrior-ing for. Name the squad the Cleveland Caucasians and then watch the woke world stroke out when those without white guilt embrace the name and buy caps and t-shirts... lol.

View attachment 192991

How about the Cleveland Trailer Park Trash Crackers? Wait, some would like that too.

I think,from my limited knowledge, the people living in those places have far more important things to worry about than sports team nicknames.
Some of those places, especially in the Dakotas, for sure.

The Cleveland Spiders
i heard today that the spiders were also known as "the naps" after their best player, nap lajoie.

cleveland naps would be kinda cool.

after lajoie retired, they became the indians in honor of their new best player, penobscot indian louis sockalexis. his nickname was "the deerfoot of the diamond." how about the cleveland deerfeet (or bucks, or stags) to keep honoring the man without what some find to be racist overtones?

I like the naps a lot. I also like that as the nickname for CLE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom