CNS fires 600 win coach | Syracusefan.com

CNS fires 600 win coach

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
IMHO in this dispute both sides are wrong.

The player for ditching her team at the states to attend a prom. When you sign up for a team and your drive is a state championship you're in it for the long run. Eveyone is sacrificing for the good of the team.

On the other hand the resultant actions of her teammates, their parents and her coach went way too far. You don't bully, do property damage and submarine someone's future by sending a letter to her future college coach.

Cicero-North Syracuse coach fired for allegedly bullying player who ...

Cicero-North Syracuse fires long-time softball coach Kerry Bennett

IMHO in this dispute both sides are wrong.

The player for ditching her team at the states to attend a prom. When you sign up for a team and your drive is a state championship you're in it for the long run. Eveyone is sacrificing for the good of the team.

On the other hand the resultant actions of her teammates, their parents and her coach went way too far. You don't bully, do property damage and submarine someone's future by sending a letter to her future college coach.

Cicero-North Syracuse coach fired for allegedly bullying player who ...

Cicero-North Syracuse fires long-time softball coach Kerry Bennett

I wasn't aware of this story but it does make you think. On the surface I feel the girl shouldn't have left her teammates like she did. But that was a decision she made and you have to respect her decision. I would have to think that she knew it would not have been a popular decision. Pretty interesting that there are more than 200 pretty intense comments connected to that article.

When Bennett first heard that his starting 1B-man was going to miss a state game he groomed another player for the position. It turns out the other player actually played 1b better.. The father of Paul was quite upset.I'm hearing that this is all about the disgruntled father.

Friends, former coaches and players show support for dismissed coach

North Syracuse board of education refuses to reconsider the firing of longtime softball coach

Kerry Bennett supporters say North Syracuse School Board used 'reckless abandon' when firing veteran coach

Comments

the key question is did the coach order the Code Red? I don't think he did. On the other hand I don't think he was shedding any tears over any the actions towards the graduated player who quit on the team. I also find it interesting that another player who played the game said she got to the senior ball only 30 minutes after the girl who left early.

Damn, I had him as a Gym teacher when I went to CNS. Nice to see him still coaching

No boy on a baseball team would ever think he could do something like this to his team.