Coach Brown Intro Press Conference: Monday 10 AM | ACC Network | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Coach Brown Intro Press Conference: Monday 10 AM | ACC Network

He was very good. That said my biggest take away is that the sports media locally at least is horrendous. What were those questions?

They really are. We don't know who's on staff coaching for the bowl game. We don't know how many new assistants have been hired. No questions asked about retention other than Nunz. No questions about his meeting with current players and/or their reactions. No question about if kids are leaving for the portal. The questions were largely dumb.

They really are. We don't know who's on staff coaching for the bowl game. We don't know how many new assistants have been hired. No questions asked about retention other than Nunz. No questions about his meeting with current players and/or their reactions. No question about if kids are leaving for the portal. The questions were largely dumb.
Multiple people asked the same question with different wording. Let us ask the questions and it would’ve been a lot more insightful.

You'd assume the current staff (or as many as remain til then) are going to coach the bowl game.
They're familiar w the current players and schemes, etc.

Would be insanity for a new staff, new systems, etc, to try to get that rolled out in the 15 allotted practices.
Or to expect them to coach to the current schemes, with which they're not familiar.

I loved when he was talking about recruiting and he will not shy away from recruiting a player that is being pursued by an established top coach. I believe he referred to this type of coach as a, "G" which made me smile. He will be bringing the swag.

Last edited:
Do we have a video of the presser anywhere yet?

If you go to the Cuse.com link at the top of the thread it replays. Like you, I had a 10 am meeting. Watching now.

If you go to the Cuse.com link at the top of the thread it replays. Like you, I had a 10 am meeting. Watching now.

Yep, just found it. thanks.

You'd assume the current staff (or as many as remain til then) are going to coach the bowl game.
They're familiar w the current players and schemes, etc.

Would be insanity for a new staff, new systems, etc, to try to get that rolled out in the 15 allotted practices.
Or to expect them to coach to the current schemes, with which they're not familiar.

I assume that yes, but guys may have already left to take other jobs or have just been moved out, and new guys who've been hired might be working already. It's a different era now where the old staff would coach the bowl games and recruit until Feb1 and then new coaches would start. Now with the signing day in Dec, early enrollees etc, new coaches need to be in-house and recruiting and may want to start coaching their new team (not X and O but development.)

Think about the official visits this weekend.

Do you want kids meeting Rocky Long or Elijah Robinson? So Rocky coaches the bowl practice while the cruits watch and then he heads home? ...all of that stuff. This is a completely new dynamic.

Last edited:
What would you have asked?
1. Who will be the OC
2. QB room is very thin. Will you address thru Portal or is there a chance a True Freshman starts next year
3. How many current players do you expect to leave, and have you spoken to those you definitely want to stay
4. What should a fan's realistic expectations be for next year, knowing it will take some time to get your fingerprints on this program

Rather than

1. Where did you sit at the Kickoff Classic in 1998

Driving through Utica they didn’t have the PC on ESPN Utica/ Rome. Unbelievable.
If you had an AUX cord or bluetooth in your car you could’ve played it through your phone.

If you had an AUX cord or bluetooth in your car you could’ve played it through your phone.
Neither of the links were working for me, I was a mess going down I90 and it was raining lol! I’ll catch it on YouTube when I get home. I was able to catch it towards the end once I got near Syracuse.

I would have asked him his plans regarding what kind of offense he plans to run, the traits he looks for in a qb (pro style versus mobility), whether the qb for next year is on our roster right now or in the portal. He might not have answered all of these questions but he might have given us some ideas of what to expect on that side of the ball.

But that is on the media. I thought Fran was magnificent and inspiring and I can't wait to see what he does with this program.

He preempted that question by saying - paraphrasing - "for those who are going to ask me what kind of offense we're going to run, we're going to run one that works."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom