Coach Fran Brown Hosting Alumni Zoom | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coach Fran Brown Hosting Alumni Zoom

I just thought of something Fran mentioned at the NYS coaching clinic. When he was discussing alumni he wants to be accessible to them. He wants to listen to their thoughts and ideas but its a two way street. Don't just complain about things when you dont play a part in the solution. That's not an exact quote but it was something in that manner.

The real news here is that you follow Zach Mahoney and I love it.
With all the injuries to QBs, if you look at his career stats, he played the equivalent of one full year as a starting QB. He made something like 12 or 13 starts during his career. He's in the SYR record book a lot, mostly for single game stuff in the 61-76 game vs. Pitt. Not bad for a guy who walked on from I think a D2 school. He was fearless, I remember him running the ball in the RPO and taking massive hits in that game vs. LSU in the Dome when we were in position to pull the upset pretty late in the 4th quarter.

Last edited:
With all the injuries to QBs, if you look at his career stats, he played the equivalent of one full year as a starting QB. He made something like 12 or 13 starts during his career. He's in the SYR record book a lot, mostly for single game stuff in the 61-76 game vs. Pitt. Not bad for a guy who walked on from I think a D2 school. He was fearless, I remember him running the ball in that game vs. LSU in the Dome when we were in position to pull the upset pretty late in the 4th quarter.
Also an excellent bartender.

I wish we could get Pettijohn’s son. He a highly ranked kid. We’re not even on his list.
That was my first thought when I saw Duke on that screenshot. Maybe there is no chance, but it's not the worst thing in the world he was at least on the call. If anyone can get us involved, Fran can.

I’m glad this event was a success

Pulling in alumni support has been something was desperately needed from football for YEARS not just under Dino but others as well

Glad that Fran is taking this approach. Everyday he gives the fans one more reason to be hopeful about what is to come
There were a lot of players from the Coach P era on the call.

I think the way things ended with Coach P turned off a lot of players who played under him. Feelings were hurt and bridges were burned.

Coach Brown has begun the healing process. His opening speech set the tone for a new era.

Good for him.

88d7517e23881675b9a539f7339f2252.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom