Coach K’s final year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coach K’s final year

Give me a break that guy is such a diva hes going to tell his next 5 recruiting classes the same thing and have 5 seasons worth of going away ceremonies with Vitale calling every game and slurping him non stop. Of course he is saying this to recruits.

He is all in on being like Kentucky. Unlike Kentucky who only won with their greatest recruiting class K's 2015 team was a UK style 1 and done team but it was middle of the pack in terms of Dukes recent freshman talent. Last 2 seasons had more. Hes going to milk this as a recruiting pitch so none of the kids worry about his age. When they flame out in March he has an excuse to come back.

I'm so annoyed we had to sit Marek for Moyer late in the 1H of that game when we were going to go into HT with a lead I think that was the difference and we would have pulled it out. Really hope Tyus comes back if you offered me a choice of 1 more year of Tyus or 1 year of Bazley I chose Tyus 10 times out of 10.

Attachments

• 2E08108A-46CA-4E4B-B783-1D175FADDD05.gif
    2E08108A-46CA-4E4B-B783-1D175FADDD05.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 63
Guy's been averaging over two surgeries a year for a few years.

I think they'll talk Rick Pitino out of "retirement" just to show the NCAA who is really in charge.

anyone would probably leave anywhere for the chance at Duke. they might double an NBA coach salary

You guys make zero sense. A guy who leaves Syracuse to start his own legacy and not follow Boeheims is going to follow K at Duke and try to live up to his legacy...

Far more likely Collins or Woj get that job. Otherwise this is just the usual SyracusFan paranoia coming from a board who didn’t even want Hop as the SU coach following Boeheims retirement.

Not ready to buy the line that this is K's last season.

Jay Wright stays at Nova. He is the king in the Big East, he can still recruit and win at teh highest levels as a "mid major". Nova loves him and he does not need any unrealistic fan base making demands that even Calipari and Kentucky cannot meet.

Hop stays in Washington. If he leaves,it will be for SU. He proved he can win and he will be the king of the west coast, especially when he is coaching his own recruits.

Recruiting takes a turn for the better when the one-and-dones jump to the G League in lieu of college and most kids stay for 3-4years.

Just my take.

You guys make zero sense. A guy who leaves Syracuse to start his own legacy and not follow Boeheims is going to follow K at Duke and try to live up to his legacy...

Far more likely Collins or Woj get that job. Otherwise this is just the usual SyracusFan paranoia coming from a board who didn’t even want Hop as the SU coach following Boeheims retirement.
Yep, me thinks Collins, WoJo or Quin Snyder.

I guess this upcoming year is his last...Supposenly, he told Zion, RJ and Cam that. Heard it again on the duke fan site too.

Wonder who would take over? Would have guess Hurley would have dipped his name in the pool but just signing to Uconn...

Boeheim will go coach at Duke. They already play his zone. He will coach another 25 years.

I've said it for two years, and I'll say it again. Unless he really bombs out at Northwestern, I see Chris Collins as K's eventual successor. He was K's top assistant, and I've seen them up close in coaching situations (at the 2008 and 2012 Olympics). There's a very close bond there.

I agree with those predicting Collins. He checks the boxes and has a father who
was a big shot player and coach.

No one pays attention, it seems. Jay is coaching in his home town and at his wifrwi alma mater. The guy is a Nova lifer.

Jay's not coming to Syracuse any more than Jim is going to Villanova.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom