Coach K’s final year | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Coach K’s final year

I've said it for two years, and I'll say it again. Unless he really bombs out at Northwestern, I see Chris Collins as K's eventual successor. He was K's top assistant, and I've seen them up close in coaching situations (at the 2008 and 2012 Olympics). There's a very close bond there.
For sure their top guy.

lol duke would get Hurley if they wanted
Seriously, what's UConn going to do? Duke will buy him out, give him a huge offer, and go back to counting money if they want him.

UConn will take the money, sign a scrub, and then cross Duke off of their Christmas card mailing list.

Seriously, what's UConn going to do? Duke will buy him out, give him a huge offer, and go back to counting money if they want him.

UConn will take the money, sign a scrub, and then cross Duke off of their Christmas card mailing list.

Why would Duke go after Bobby's brother? If they're going after a Hurley, they're contacting ASU, not UCONN. I'm in the Collins camp when this actually comes to fruition.

I've said it for two years, and I'll say it again. Unless he really bombs out at Northwestern, I see Chris Collins as K's eventual successor. He was K's top assistant, and I've seen them up close in coaching situations (at the 2008 and 2012 Olympics). There's a very close bond there.
Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Sometimes reality isn't interesting enough for everyone here to get excited and chatter about.

I'd guess Collins 1st and Wojo 2nd. Bobby Hurley makes some sense, but he hasn't been around Duke since his playing days. Collins and Wojo spent almost 15 years each as assistants.

If it was going to be Capel, why go to Pitt for a year?

Either K is blowing smoke and telling recruits this while sticking around (very possible) or his successor is already known within the Duke circle...

Jay Wright is often mentioned here in coaching scuttlebutt as if he's at a mid-major. He's not going anywhere unless he leaves for the NBA.

Isn't Jay Wright in his early 60s now? I don't see him going anywhere.

I'd guess Collins 1st and Wojo 2nd. Bobby Hurley makes some sense, but he hasn't been around Duke since his playing days. Collins and Wojo spent almost 15 years each as assistants.

If it was going to be Capel, why go to Pitt for a year?

Either K is blowing smoke and telling recruits this while sticking around (very possible) or his successor is already known within the Duke circle...
Did you see the link I posted?
K leaving is a fake story.

I don't know if this really belongs here or somewhere else, but what the heck. From our bball board.
I saw this same article... it amazes me that these recruits come to Duke when it's actually going to hurt their long term prospects. The bags must be really really good.

I saw this same article... it amazes me that these recruits come to Duke when it's actually going to hurt their long term prospects. The bags must be really really good.

There is a third option: Duke, the NBA or...Syracuse!

upload_2018-4-9_15-39-36.png

I think it will be Collins as well but I think the best coach from the K tree is definitely Snyder but I don't see him coming back to the college game as he left in bad form last time.

I think it will be Collins as well but I think the best coach from the K tree is definitely Snyder but I don't see him coming back to the college game as he left in bad form last time.

Quin could certainly sell a recruit on preparing them for the NBA, but the other 2 front runners wouldn't have his baggage.

wright was born december1961. still a young lad in my book. (march61)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom