Coach marrone has real love | Syracusefan.com

Coach marrone has real love

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
For this program and you wont find anyone else at his level . Give the man respect and credibility because he brought us from death to a beating heart. He has love for SU . He has love like it was his newborn and i see that and i love him for that. In time we will prevail. No doubt about it . Sit back and respect the man who stood up in times of dispair to bring us back to respectability.

Jimmy Carter loved our country as much as any president yet was a poor leader. Doug is a great Syracuse grad and loves his school with all of his heart. Unfortunately this doesnt make him a great coach

This is only his 3rd season. Marrone is better than Robinson. Remember how long it took Coach Mac to build a winning program. A little patience is needed here. The internet has made knee-jerk reactions a staple of sports talk.

Jimmy Carter loved our country as much as any president yet was a poor leader. Doug is a great Syracuse grad and loves his school with all of his heart. Unfortunately this doesnt make him a great coach
What is your background in evaluating Coaches ? What is your talent so we can evaluate you ? Me, I'm Retired and very good at it.

I love a political comparison that is an opinion of the poster to further an argument... Oh Lord

I love a political comparison that is an opinion of the poster to further an argument... Oh Lord
Obama is president, yet everything still sucks chode. Y'all may've voted for him, but it doesn't save the D sucking of our economy.

For this program and you wont find anyone else at his level . Give the man respect and credibility because he brought us from death to a beating heart. He has love for SU . He has love like it was his newborn and i see that and i love him for that. In time we will prevail. No doubt about it . Sit back and respect the man who stood up in times of dispair to bring us back to respectability.
I have to agree. When you meet the man at a luncheon you realize just how much he loves Syracuse University and how badly he wants to return the program back to where it was in the 1980's.

I am not saying he can do it but at least we have a coach that wants to be here and is not using the job as a stepping stone to another program.

We will know if he is the right guy in two more years.

I have to agree. When you meet the man at a luncheon you realize just how much he loves Syracuse University and how badly he wants to return the program back to where it was in the 1980's.

I am not saying he can do it but at least we have a coach that wants to be here and is not using the job as a stepping stone to another program.

We will know if he is the right guy in two more years.
No i know now hes the right guy for the job now!!! Hes got the fire, the passion , the will power to put the program ahead of his daily life and you wont find that in to
to many people yet alone one person. Hes our mike ditka , hes our superfan, im all in on him and i will defend him until he proves me other wise which i think i wont have to. He takes full redponsibility which many wont do, hes a stand up guy and his word is good , which is hard to find. I give him time , i give him slack because hes won more games in 3 years than we have won in almost 10.

People say hitler was a great leader too and look where that got him. A !n coward and killed himself because he was a and on drugs at the time of his rule and if he was alive today a syracuse fan would travel to germany and lay the smack down on him albanycuse style for all the innocent people lives hes ruined and my people in italy he ruined the future of their lives!

No i know now hes the right guy for the job now!!! Hes got the fire, the passion , the will power to put the program ahead of his daily life and you wont find that in to
to many people yet alone one person. Hes our mike ditka , hes our superfan, im all in on him and i will defend him until he proves me other wise which i think i wont have to. He takes full redponsibility which many wont do, hes a stand up guy and his word is good , which is hard to find. I give him time , i give him slack because hes won more games in 3 years than we have won in almost 10.

...I agree with all of this. ...and I will add these reasons:

He had a plan and he's been following that plan. The best way to recruit for Syracuse University (get NY guys (great athletes, less football experience, but big upsides that will take a few years to get ready for D1), also the other areas where this group has built inroads into - FL, GA, MI)
  • He will adjust based on the situation...I don't think he is stuck on any one offense but has a vision for a more diverse offense. He's recruited QBs that have mobility. ...so, this offense will change, but Nassib gives us the best chance now.
  • He's put and recruited (on an immediate basis) more players on D, because short term, it will help us win these 13-10 games in the early years. He's positioned Shafer to be successful over the Offense short term.
  • He will over time be able to put or position our offense in a more agressive scheme. but based on his priorities on some early success, he's had to table that somewhat.
  • In the end, he will have to get some playmakers before we go to the "next level", but I truly believe he thinks if we start winning, play makers will want to come here.
  • He's not the "immediate" over-the-top-charasmatic guy that will bring in play makers in a heart beat, but they will want to come here based on what he's building.

People say hitler was a great leader too and look where that got him. A ****!n coward and killed himself because he was a ***** and on drugs at the time of his rule and if he was alive today a syracuse fan would travel to germany and lay the smack down on him albanycuse style for all the innocent people lives hes ruined and my people in italy he ruined the future of their lives!
Couple beers deep there, albany? :D

People say hitler was a great leader too and look where that got him. A ****!n coward and killed himself because he was a ***** and on drugs at the time of his rule and if he was alive today a syracuse fan would travel to germany and lay the smack down on him albanycuse style for all the innocent people lives hes ruined and my people in italy he ruined the future of their lives!

Anyone else a little uncomfortable when Doug Marrone is linked with Jimmy Carter and Adolf Hitler?

This is only his 3rd season. Marrone is better than Robinson. Remember how long it took Coach Mac to build a winning program. A little patience is needed here. The internet has made knee-jerk reactions a staple of sports talk.
As I read all the opinions of all the different posters I keep wondering if patience with Coach Marrone and the football program is determined by whether this is our second or first resurrection of the football program. If posters are members of the internet, 24/7 hour news cycle, cell phone generation or, 3 channels, electric typewriter, Payphone generation. Personally, I think the need for "immediate gratification" by some posters isn't logical or reasonable. This program was not just down the toilet but was out in the leach field. Marrone and the SU FB program will continue to get my support.

We have known' s and unknown's; what do we have with Doug Marrone and what we yet need to learn?
with Doug at the helm, we have:
  • An Orange - passionate alum and former player.
  • A highly professional approach to the position; came here as a result of his personal life career planning. Has tightened up many aspects of the program; making them more accountable.
  • Accepts personal responsibility and accountability.
  • A very good background of coaching experience; both college and pro. Learned from many outstanding coaches beginning with Coach Mac.
  • When employed as a college assistant he was considered a good recruiter.
  • He holds players to a higher standard as student-athletes.
  • Marrone is highly regarded by his professional brethren.
  • Doug served as Offensive Coordinator for Sean Payton; one of the more creative offensive minds in the NFL.
  • Doug also brings many intangibles to the table; he is a very likable guy as well as a passionate spokesperson for Syracuse University.
  • His staff offers many years of proven experience coupled with a strong Orange flavor.
  • His recruiting thus far has enhanced our athletic ability and speed.
Unknowns:
  • Will this staff be able to grow this program. into a top 25 player on the national football scene?
  • Will this staff be able to bring in recruits with game-changing ability; especially at the so called 'skilled positions'?
  • Will Coach Marrone's offense morph into a top quality unit with high stats per game average and statement wins?
  • Will the staff be able to successfully reduce the chronic mental errors and out-of-control emotions that are plaguing us?
  • Will the staff be able to grow the defense into the type of tough; aggressive; opportunistic; swarm-to-the ball unit that drives offensive coordinators crazy?
  • Can Doug Marrone build us into a consistent winner in our league and on the national scene?
  • What fans will do in response to win loss record alone;poor attendance effects recruiting.
To be continued...

We have known' s and unknown's; what do we have with Doug Marrone and what we yet need to learn?
with Doug at the helm, we have:
  • An Orange - passionate alum and former player.
  • A highly professional approach to the position; came here as a result of his personal life career planning. Has tightened up many aspects of the program; making them more accountable.
  • Accepts personal responsibility and accountability.
  • A very good background of coaching experience; both college and pro. Learned from many outstanding coaches beginning with Coach Mac.
  • When employed as a college assistant he was considered a good recruiter.
  • He holds players to a higher standard as student-athletes.
  • Marrone is highly regarded by his professional brethren.
  • Doug served as Offensive Coordinator for Sean Payton; one of the more creative offensive minds in the NFL.
  • Doug also brings many intangibles to the table; he is a very likable guy as well as a passionate spokesperson for Syracuse University.
  • His staff offers many years of proven experience coupled with a strong Orange flavor.
  • His recruiting thus far has enhanced our athletic ability and speed.
Unknowns:

• Will this staff be able to grow this program. into a top 25 player on the national football scene?
  • Will this staff be able to bring in recruits with game-changing ability; especially at the so called 'skilled positions'?
  • Will Coach Marrone's offense morph into a top quality unit with high stats per game average and statement wins?
  • Will the staff be able to successfully reduce the chronic mental errors and out-of-control emotions that are plaguing us?
  • Will the staff be able to grow the defense into the type of tough; aggressive; opportunistic; swarm-to-the ball unit that drives offensive coordinators crazy?
  • Can Doug Marrone build us into a consistent winner in our league and on the national scene?
  • What fans will do in response to win loss record alone;poor attendance effects recruiting.
To be continued...

Bingo! ...I just have to refocus my eyes with all of that blue :cool:

Couple beers deep there, albany? :D
Syracuse fans don't get drunk and call their ex girlfriends, they get drunk and go back in time to beat up Hitler in honor of Doug Marrone

Read up on Jimmy Carter's term. He not only achieved Camp David, but had the highest % of legislation passed when compared to Nixon, Ford, Bushes etc.

And he was able to reduce America's oil dependency to a significant degree - I think to about 50% until Reagan eliminated the initiative.

I voted for Reagan and the two Bushes twice each, but history is history.
That said, Marrone is the right man for the job. We'll be fine.

What is your background in evaluating Coaches ? What is your talent so we can evaluate you ? Me, I'm Retired and very good at it.
Fan what does my post have to do with your question? My point is that just because someone has a love of something doesnt make them good at it. As to my credentials i never coached football but i was recruited to play QB at a more than a few D2 schools however i took a full ride to play bball. Question did you ever play football? If so what position? In your evaluation of Doug how do you think we are doing? thx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom