Coach Mike Krzyzewski snubs Syracuse players following loss - Wash Post | Syracusefan.com

Coach Mike Krzyzewski snubs Syracuse players following loss - Wash Post

LAOrange

Starter
coach-mike-krzyzewski-snubs-syracuse-players-following-loss

Oh, the irony. This is to K: Your guy loses badly in a collision with Malachi. K, just because your guy bounces farther doesn't mean he was fouled. or... Your newest version of Bobby Hurley gets fouled pretending to hoist a three-point shot 60 feet away while traveling and he gets butt-hurt. Toss your jacket and show your ferret-face. Just because we're in the ACC doesn't make you any less of a whiner.

Lost all respect for the man. Does he think he is the only coach who has grievances at the end of hotly contested games to disrespect young people like that.

No class at all. I loved the post game interview with JB. He praised Duke players like five times during the interview. That's how to be classy after a game whether you win or lose. You are only ever as good as your competition.

coach-mike-krzyzewski-snubs-syracuse-players-following-loss

Oh, the irony. This is to K: Your guy loses badly in a collision with Malachi. K, just because your guy bounces farther doesn't mean he was fouled. or... Your newest version of Bobby Hurley gets fouled pretending to hoist a three-point shot 60 feet away while traveling and he gets butt-hurt. Toss your jacket and show your ferret-face. Just because we're in the ACC doesn't make you any less of a whiner.

Just ridiculous: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...zewski-snubs-syracuse-players-following-loss/

No class at all. I loved the post game interview with JB. He praised Duke players like five times during the interview. That's how to be classy after a game whether you win or lose. You are only ever as good as your competition.
Well, to be fair, JB hasn't always been 100% classy. He did lose his mind at the end of Sport Coat Game. But if he had been in the arena afterwards, I am positive he would have shaken all of the Duke player's hands.

Who cares?

When JB flipped the F out at Cameron 2 years ago, K was beyond complimentary and classy in his press conference. K championed JB through all this NCAA BS. Same with our win in the Dome. Now he's emotionally drained and p***** for losing 3 in a row.

He's been talking up Boeheim and SU for years. Did the awesome video tribute for JB's 1st 900th win. It's beyond petty to worry about a post game handshake.

Who cares?

When JB flipped the F out at Cameron 2 years ago, K was beyond complimentary and classy in his press conference. K championed JB through all this NCAA BS. Same with our win in the Dome. Now he's emotionally drained and p***** for losing 3 in a row.

He's been talking up Boeheim and SU for years. Did the awesome video tribute for JB's 1st 900th win.
It's beyond petty to worry about a post game handshake.

Uh, no - it's not.
Nobody is "worried" about it - just pointing out how classless it was.
Since 99.999% of the time, coaches shake all the opposing players hands, even if it is quick and just for show.
There are certain conventions that apply to all sports - and this is one for hoops.

Well, to be fair, JB hasn't always been 100% classy. He did lose his mind at the end of Sport Coat Game. But if he had been in the arena afterwards, I am positive he would have shaken all of the Duke player's hands.

I remember that game. And I'm still mad. JB had every right to go ballistic. CJ jumped clear over that guys head. It was pure BS acting job by the Duke player. Hey, I notice something. Maybe the Duke players don't have fake classes like they have at UNC. Maybe the Duke players are all taking drama classes and getting good grades too!

Uh, no - it's not.
Since 99.999% of the time, coaches shake all the opposing players hands, even if it is quick and just for show.
There are certain conventions that apply to all sports - and this is one for hoops.

I expect a news conference and apology in a day or two.

Who cares. A W is a W. Even sweeter, on the road vs a ranked opponent. Time to focus on the bigger challenge in Virginia.

721Comstock said:
Uh, no - it's not. Nobody is "worried" about it - just pointing out how classless it was. Since 99.999% of the time, coaches shake all the opposing players hands, even if it is quick and just for show. There are certain conventions that apply to all sports - and this is one for hoops.

Yeah, but no one here was pointing out how CLASSY it was me when K was doing all those things. Just like Cowherd...when he was the first to JB's defense and criticizing the media and ESPN for not letting the story play out, no one here mentioned that. This is a board trait: make the emotional argument you want when it's convenient and disregard everything else.

44cuse

Uh, no - it's not.

It's beyond petty to disparage a guy for one emotional reaction regardless of "certain conventions that apply to all sports" when he's done 50 positive things specifically related to Syracuse and Jim Boeheim.

Yes, I think he might do that. JB lost his mind two years ago, and he apologized.

There's no reason not to shake the hand of our starting players. Holding back on paying the refs after the game I can totally understand.

One huge difference people are missing is that K has no right to complain about anyone in comparison to any other coach. It's irrefutable that he and Duke has gotten the benefit of the doubt game after game.

At least he didn't go all Woody Hayes and punch one of our players . But it's getting close.

One huge difference people are missing is that K has no right to complain about anyone in comparison to any other coach. It's irrefutable that he and Duke has gotten the benefit of the doubt game after game.
Ah, but he doesn't see it that way. He is certain they are getting all the "correct" calls. :rolleyes:

Meh who cares. Just shows how much he wants to beat us. A rivalry maybe?

I remember that game. And I'm still mad. JB had every right to go ballistic. CJ jumped clear over that guys head. It was pure BS acting job by the Duke player. Hey, I notice something. Maybe the Duke players don't have fake classes like they have at UNC. Maybe the Duke players are all taking drama classes and getting good grades too!
I don't know what all the commotion is about, two guys going for the ball, one wants the ball, other wants to draw a foul, refs saw thru it. Don't know who had posession arrow, but the dukie could have went after the ball and possibly tie it up, but chose to throw arms up and fall down. There is no controversy here, just the official wasn't buying into the flop. Isn't flopping a T in the nba? finally

I don't know what all the commotion is about, two guys going for the ball, one wants the ball, other wants to draw a foul, refs saw thru it. Don't know who had posession arrow, but the dukie could have went after the ball and possibly tie it up, but chose to throw arms up and fall down. There is no controversy here, just the official wasn't buying into the flop. Isn't flopping a T in the nba? finally
Possession favored Syracuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom