Coach Mike Krzyzewski snubs Syracuse players following loss - Wash Post | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coach Mike Krzyzewski snubs Syracuse players following loss - Wash Post

Just wait until we play at Cameron next year! That's going to be HUGE!!!

You'll be waiting until 2018.

Unless we get Duke twice next year (doubtful), we play them in the Dome next season.

I'm sorry, these people are insane. How is this one a controversy: "A Grayson Allen buzzer beater at the end of the first half was waved off, and the three points would have been the difference in the game. That play was virtually forgotten, however, after the events in the final seconds of the contest."

???

You'll be waiting until 2018.

Unless we get Duke twice next year (doubtful), we play them in the Dome next season.

You are probably right. But money talks!

The game was over. There are no excuses for not shaking every player's hand who was in line. Attacking the refs can wait.

This is over the top: "After the game, Jones showed the media a cut on his left hand that looked like bite marks, "

OMG, Duke nation having a total meltdown.

LOL: "It’s literally amazing. … God bless america. "

He was clearly looking at a ref in the background he wanted to talk to before they left the court. He missed shaking a few kids hands who cares. I will repeat what others have said. K has been supportive of us when every one was coming after us last year and earlier this year. He has gone out of his way to support Boeheim and Syracuse basketball when he could have remained silent. Taking shots at him now is not a good look. It makes you look like a winey b*tch that doesn't ever expect to go into their place and win again and relishes the one chance to take a shot at someone who you have an inferiority complex against. I can think of like 5 other Duke teams worse than this one since 1990 so to say this is their worse team in 40 years is stupid unless it was said to exaggerate the point they aren't in the top 5.

Much ado about nothing. He shook a few hands, then felt a sudden 'kitten-like' urgency to refocus and go look for the refs who jobbed him. Not classy, but, if that's the worst thing, sportsmanship-wise, that he's ever done, I give him a pass. There were a LOT of calls down the wire that I expected to go against us. From where He was sitting, and factoring in the crowd reactions, that atmosphere contributed to his perspective. Whether it was an 'accurate' perspective or not. JB would have torn off his jacket, shirt, and wifebeater if the same noncalls had been made against us, at home, against Duke, with a three game slide on the line.

Who cares if he didn't give Tyler Lydon the HONOR or shaking his hand in his own castle on the court with his name on it. I use Tyler Lydon because I saw him look at him and kind of think , "your gonna dis me after I played my heart out. " A guy who coached at Army no less.

I remember that game. And I'm still mad. JB had every right to go ballistic. CJ jumped clear over that guys head. It was pure BS acting job by the Duke player. Hey, I notice something. Maybe the Duke players don't have fake classes like they have at UNC. Maybe the Duke players are all taking drama classes and getting good grades too!
Ha ha that is excellent

Thank God for Duke. Without their ego, this conference would be completely void of any villainy. Every story is only as good as its villain. No menace, no feeling.

These guys got it right IMO.

K should have shaken hands with everyone but I will give him a pass this time. We all make mistakes. I have no doubt that he will call JB and apologize. Heck he may even offer a public apology.

What gets lost in all of this is really how entertaining of a basketball game it was. Both teams played hard. Both teams hit huge shots. Both teams left it on the court. Both coaches, at their ages, have LOTS of fire left in the belly.

Yeah, but no one here was pointing out how CLASSY it was me when K was doing all those things. Just like Cowherd...when he was the first to JB's defense and criticizing the media and ESPN for not letting the story play out, no one here mentioned that. This is a board trait: make the emotional argument you want when it's convenient and disregard everything else.

44cuse

Just because someone has done something classy in the past, does not mean that they cannot be called out for recent actions that are NOT classy.

And I'm pretty sure if you went back and looked at what people wrote about how K spoke well of JB after the coat-toss, many DID praise him for doing so, and it was indeed a classy thing to do.

It's quite easy to be classy and a good sportsman when you WIN.
It's much harder to do so when you lose - as K proved multiple times last night.

. We all make mistakes. I have no doubt that he will call JB and apologize. Heck he may even offer a public apology.

It is getting a lot of media play out there so K might say something. I give him credit for not blowing up at his press conference but I think his choice of the word "amazing" was more for the dramatic. However, these Duke games are great so is it too soon to say this rivalry is as good as Georgetown or Yukon.

I don't care about the handshake in the slightest. All it does is detract from the hilarity of his pathetic sore loser presser and being miffed about not getting a call; which shines a giant light on his/their sense of entitlement. Hope his back doesn't start acting up again.

Not the biggest deal in the world but it was classless and disrespectful to our players. Hope they use it as motivation the next time they play against him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom