Coach Shafer Presser ..Krautman..Edouard.. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coach Shafer Presser ..Krautman..Edouard..

1. Matt Park‏@MattPark1 21s
  2. Lester has told Wilson, Kimble & Long that they're in the race to be backup. Will be rated daily during camp, as Allen & Hunt were last Aug.

1. Matt Park‏@MattPark1 5m
  2. .Cuse QB coach Tim Lester says new method of calling plays is "less cumbersome" to streamline reads for Hunt, give more time to see defense.

Nate Mink@MinkNate · now
Ross Krautman is not playing this year. Hip injury has continued to be an issue

This is devastating news. Not only for Krautman, but for the team. Going to be another season without a reliable field goal kicker. Hopefully 1 of the red shirt Freshman can kick the ball. Hofrichter can't get here soon enough.

This is devastating news. Not only for Krautman, but for the team. Going to be another season without a reliable field goal kicker. Hopefully 1 of the red shirt Freshman can kick the ball. Hofrichter can't get here soon enough.

This news really hurts. Obviously it sucks for the kid first and foremost. How many of us fans have thought or said that with Krautman back we feel much more secure with the kicking game? Now SU has to rely on someone who's been unreliable on and off the field. Ugh.

anomander said:

Really sucks. Kid was money until he got hurt and tried to play through it. You could tell something wasn't right. Tough surgery that he hasn't been able to come back from that allows him to kick. Career is over and it's a shame. Mostly for him but for the team too.

Why is Norton still listed on the roster?

If he is out as some here have implied, hope the rugby kid or kid from California can figure it out enough to at least make 35 yarders and XPs.

Hell, I'd take Gus the kicking mule at this point.
gus_240.jpg

Really sucks. Kid was money until he got hurt and tried to play through it. You could tell something wasn't right. Tough surgery that he hasn't been able to come back from that allows him to kick. Career is over and it's a shame. Mostly for him but for the team too.

I actually had the same surgery done in April, and I am actually worse now then before the surgery. I know what the kid is going through. Really too bad he wasn't able to come back for his last season.

really worried about Edoaurd. I hope it is a family matter and just not home sickness. I got the impression from some syracuse.com articles that he had a pretty structured like back home. Which kept him out of trouble back home, but when you get to collage and that structure isn't there anymore it can be quite a shock to a young man.

really worried about Edoaurd. I hope it is a family matter and just not home sickness. I got the impression from some syracuse.com articles that he had a pretty structured like back home. Which kept him out of trouble back home, but when you get to collage and that structure isn't there anymore it can be quite a shock to a young man.

Not for nothing, but how long has he even been up here? I doubt home sickness has set in already. If it has, you'd have to think the guy was nuts for even considering leaving Florida

Stephen Bailey@Stephen_Bailey1 · 30m
Trudo also expanded on the line's simplifying of verbiage cues. A lot of words are becoming letters (i.e. "Gilligan" is now "G.").

Yikes. That's not good on either front. Hope it truly is a family matter and Eduoard makes it back. He's a very talented kid.
Assuming the worst I see. Nervous Nellie

Assuming the worst I see. Nervous Nellie

Are you a Syracuse fan if you don't assume the worst?

Seen these types of things happen before. Hopefully it is what it appears on the surface.

Not for nothing, but how long has he even been up here? I doubt home sickness has set in already. If it has, you'd have to think the guy was nuts for even considering leaving Florida
I could be wrong but I think they start taking classes at the begining of the summer session so the kid could have been here long enough to get home sick. Even so my freshman roommate lasted 3 days, so it can happen.

Edouards' twitter feed gave no indication of homesickness. Everything was positive about being at SU, looking forward to camp. We will just have to wait and see.

I could be wrong but I think they start taking classes at the begining of the summer session so the kid could have been here long enough to get home sick. Even so my freshman roommate lasted 3 days, so it can happen.

Summer classes at SU end this week, but they don't meet on Fridays. If he's not back on Monday, then it must be a serious issue at home. Hoping for the best for him and his family.

CuseLagacy killing it with the Twitter updates. Thanks!

Really sucks for Ross, it must be killing him.

Was a gamble to not bring in another kicker this year-Hope it doesn't come back to bite us

CuseLegacy: big, big up. Folks need to properly recognize the significance of this thread.

Awful news re: Ross. All the best to that young man.

And all the best to Alin and his. Hope you're back soon, bud.