Coaches #4 | Syracusefan.com

Coaches #4

Only one point ahead of is. Splitting hairs here

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Definitely doesn't mean much, but just for a little perspective, when OSU lost it's first game without Sully, they did not fall in the rankings, and remained number 2. Although the game was on the road at Kansas. But still, everyone's reasoning for not dropping them was because they were playing without an important cog to their team. I don't understand why the same logic cannot be used in Syracuse's case. Melo may not put up the same numbers as Sully, but he sure as hell is just as important to his team, IMO. If any team had an argument to pass us, it would probably be Kansas. But it's hard to argue why there should be any team with 3 loses ahead of a 1 loss SU.

Not that it matters because of the tournament, but how Ohio State who has lost to Illinois AND Indiana on the road with Sullinger and Syracuse which lost on the road without Melo is ranked above Syracuse is a joke. Polls are too damn subjective they aren't weighed fairly and are pointless in the long run. However, if for some reason Kentucky were to lose one of its 2 road games this week NO CHANCE they fall to 4. Its a joke. I just want the 1 seed in the East and nothing else. Watch the committee will end up putting Ohio State AND Michigan State in Pittsburgh and ship us somewhere else just because I bought Pittsburgh NCAA tournament tickets.

Dumbass Ass't. AD's.

Sent from my DROIDX

Maybe...the coaches (although they shouldn't) are taking into affect the likelihood of a loss this evening at Cincy. Coming away with a W would've have been difficult enough with Melo, let alone without.

As long as Melo comes back, we're the same team we were 3 days ago.

Adding a little nobody believes in us to the mix is never a bad thing.

To be fair, we lost on the road to an 11-8 ND without Melo.

OSU lost on the road to a top 15 team in Indiana (who also beat UK there) and a top 5 team in Kansas.

The thing that doesn't make sense is that there were people that thought we were #4 or so while we were undefeated, regardless of anything else happening around us, then we lost a game, they thought we were worse.

OSU lost on the road to a top 15 team in Indiana (who also beat UK there) and a top 5 team in Kansas.

And at illinois. With sullinger. An illinois team who just lost to penn state.

bees if melo turns out to be done -- this all means zero--
Agree, if Melo is out, we're in for a long stretch of tough games.
Not that we can't recover, We have to adjust our play.
Going to be hard because we will field a smaller team.

It's all about timing. And OSU Redeemed its IU loss with a 17 pt win but still no 3 loss team should ever be ahead of a 1 loss Syracuse team, ever. But yeah if UK oses on the road how would they justify SU not being ahead of them if we still have 1 loss? If memory is correct undefeated SU was ahead of 1 loss OSU. So they lose 2 more and then 10 days later we lose 1 and suddenly we're behind them? It's only 1 point which means soem moron probably had SU super low. Now, if Murray loses they'd drop out of the poll completely.

Keep winning and the rankings will take care of themselves... Win tonight, @UL, UCONN, etc. and we will be fine...

And at illinois. With sullinger. An illinois team who just lost to penn state.
cuseincincy was right about timing.

And Paul went off for 43 that game, and I believe the Illini were ranked in that game anyway?

bees if melo turns out to be done -- this all means zero--

Ya think maybe?

Sent from my DROIDX

It shows that many voters never believed SU was a true #1. They were compelled to vote for SU because they had not lost and everyone else had. Now that factor is eliminated and they vote their true subjective feelings. Total BS. How OSU with 3 loses, including a loss earlier in the week, can jump up is BS.

Definitely doesn't mean much, but just for a little perspective, when OSU lost it's first game without Sully, they did not fall in the rankings, and remained number 2. Although the game was on the road at Kansas. But still, everyone's reasoning for not dropping them was because they were playing without an important cog to their team. I don't understand why the same logic cannot be used in Syracuse's case. Melo may not put up the same numbers as Sully, but he sure as hell is just as important to his team, IMO. If any team had an argument to pass us, it would probably be Kansas. But it's hard to argue why there should be any team with 3 loses ahead of a 1 loss SU.
I think the uncertainty of when or if Fab comes back is why they are not using the same logic

Further, we got our arses handed to us to ... (insert your points from above)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom