Coaches on the road January 2020 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Coaches on the road January 2020

Interesting that Lustig is doing some Florida
They don't recruit just one territory. Monroe was in NYC the other day. Lynch was in PA last week, this week he's in Illinois.

In that article about Bobby Acosta taking over the position of HC at IMG he stated Lustig was one of the first coaches to congratulate him and tell him he would be down to see him this week.

Yes. He's a Sophomore. Caleb's brother.
Josh was their top WR, finishing 2019 with 49 catches for 510 yards and 7 TDs.

6’3, 220 pounds. We don’t have many scholarship left and actually need to decrease the number of WRs on the roster. He might well be a P5 level WR but I don’t think it will be at Syracuse.

Josh was their top WR, finishing 2019 with 49 catches for 510 yards and 7 TDs.

6’3, 220 pounds. We don’t have many scholarship left and actually need to decrease the number of WRs on the roster. He might well be a P5 level WR but I don’t think it will be at Syracuse.
He is a sophomore, he has two years where he could blow up big time. You have no ideal how good he might be. He may change to DE or TE or other and excel. And having his brother could be a leg up on other schools.

They don't recruit just one territory. Monroe was in NYC the other day. Lynch was in PA last week, this week he's in Illinois.

In that article about Bobby Acosta taking over the position of HC at IMG he stated Lustig was one of the first coaches to congratulate him and tell him he would be down to see him this week.
I saw that. I just don't recall Lustig recruiting Florida previously.

I saw that. I just don't recall Lustig recruiting Florida previously.

He hasn't. Historically recruiters stick to assigned territories. In our case it appears there has been a change in philosophy and our coaches are starting to branch out and recruit all over . (This could also be a result of the fact that we're down at least 1 coach.) Looks like more of an all hands on deck approach. We'll see if it's sustained going forward.

He hasn't. Historically recruiters stick to assigned territories. In our case it appears there has been a change in philosophy and our coaches are starting to branch out and recruit all over . (This could also be a result of the fact that we're down at least 1 coach.) Looks like more of an all hands on deck approach. We'll see if it's sustained going forward.
That's not true. I can go back to 2018 and find Lustig recruiting Florida.

Last edited:
That's not true. I can go back to 2018 and find Lustig recruiting Florida.

I knew we had a Gulf Coast / Tampa recruiter I just couldn't remember who it was. Fa'Najae Gotay (Fort Myers) and Jake Smith (Lakeland) were recruited by someone and it wasn't Monroe. It may have been Ward.

I think Ward was also the main poc for IMG.

There very well may have been a little transition from Ward to Lustig last December in Tampa and that half of the state.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom