coaches poll all first place votes | Syracusefan.com

coaches poll all first place votes

As it should be. We keep hearing how well Duke is playing, how hot Florida is and how WsT is undefeated. Its funny because part of Duke's playing so well was as strong showing against us which we won. We are hotter than Florida and have won more in a row against a better conference. We are also undefeated like WsT against a better over all schedule.

It's amazing that Creighton has blown out Villanova twice and is still behind then in the rankings, though their records are almost identical.

It's amazing that Creighton has blown out Villanova twice and is still behind then in the rankings, though their records are almost identical.

The difference is that Nova has zero bad losses but I tend to agree they whooped them good both times seems they should be ranked higher. It would be different if Creighton had 5 or 6 losses but with just 4 to Nova's 3 I say they should get the edge. Creighton is a horrible match up for Nova who just cannot stop them from scoring at all.

WSU has a better resume than Louisville. UL beat UConn when they were unranked, but outside of that their best win is probably @Houston or SMU.
They've lost to UNC, UK, Memphis and Cincinnati.

AP Top 10: Cuse, FL, WSU, AZ, Duke, SDSU, Cincy, KU, Villanova, St. Louis
Coaches Top 10: Cuse, FL, WSU, AZ, Ville, Duke, SDSU, KU, Cincy, St. Louis

Louisville 6 in the Coaches but 11 in the AP. Rarely if ever do you see a swing that large.

AP Top 10: Cuse, FL, WSU, AZ, Duke, SDSU, Cincy, KU, Villanova, St. Louis
Coaches Top 10: Cuse, FL, WSU, AZ, Ville, Duke, SDSU, KU, Cincy, St. Louis

I guess the coaches like Louisville a lot more than sportswriters.

Louisville 6 in the Coaches but 11 in the AP. Rarely if ever do you see a swing that large.
They've been blowing out bad teams lately, but they only have 1 good win all year and did nothing good out of conferece. Really weird resume.

I really don't think anyone has separated themselves to the point where you can say wow this group of X number of teams is clearly head and shoulders better than all the rest. This is why our guys being so good at winning tight games is huge because this is a season where there isn't a ton of separation so execution down the stretch of games is huge. We have separated to be a clear number 1 over all seed right now by executing better than anyone else when it matters the most.

They've been blowing out bad teams lately, but they only have 1 good win all year and did nothing good out of conferece. Really weird resume.

I see them blowing through the first two rounds but after that will be in rock fights.

Besides the top of that conference, (uconn, cincy, Memphis) nobody in that league has the ability to handle Louivilles pressure defense. Wouldn't surprise me if the ended up being a two seed.

How is Louisville in the top 5 of the coaches ? C'mon coaches that's absurd.

There has been a large disparity with Louisville for several weeks now. Probably too high in 1 poll and maybe a little low in the other, although they are now starting to play some of their best or better ball of the season. We'll see how they do at Cincinnati soon.

1 vote for Florida in the AP

I don't have a problem with this vote except that is not the way the polls ever work, until now.

My guess is this guy see Duke beating us on Sat and then he will look like a genius.

Arizona is getting a ton of respect. Going from 1st to 4th with 2 close losses. I realize they lost on a last second shot by Cal and 2OT to Arizona State, but only moving down 3 spots with 2 losses is amazing to me. I feel if we lose 1 game we will fall down to atleast 3rd and probably 4th to be honest not that matters.

"NO LONGER UNANIMOUS: Syracuse is on top of the AP poll for a third straight week but unlike the first two the Orange are not a unanimous No. 1.

Joe Rexrode of the Detroit Free Press changed his No. 1 vote from Syracuse to Florida, which moved from third to second in the poll.

"Simply put, I watched both teams play both games last week and I think Florida is the best team in the country," Rexrode said. "That's pretty much it."

This is the Orange's 17th week all-time on top of the poll, tied with Illinois for 14th place on the No. 1 list. Next up would be Michigan, which has been No. 1 for 22 weeks. UCLA holds the all-time mark with 134 weeks on top."

More poll comments

"NO LONGER UNANIMOUS: Syracuse is on top of the AP poll for a third straight week but unlike the first two the Orange are not a unanimous No. 1.

Joe Rexrode of the Detroit Free Press changed his No. 1 vote from Syracuse to Florida, which moved from third to second in the poll.

"Simply put, I watched both teams play both games last week and I think Florida is the best team in the country," Rexrode said. "That's pretty much it."

This is the Orange's 17th week all-time on top of the poll, tied with Illinois for 14th place on the No. 1 list. Next up would be Michigan, which has been No. 1 for 22 weeks. UCLA holds the all-time mark with 134 weeks on top."

More poll comments

Maybe a fair statement on his part. It depends how a voter defines being #1. Do you judge on the season as a whole, or do you judge on who is best right now? Obviously Rexrode judges more on the latter.

Maybe a fair statement on his part. It depends how a voter defines being #1. Do you judge on the season as a whole, or do you judge on who is best right now? Obviously Rexrode judges more on the latter.
It's a 'what have you done for me lately' world we live in and Rexrode is a resident.

Honestly I like his statement, for someone that isn't against us he keeps it short and simple but doesn't go into bashing us like some other would. I wouldn't even mind if he defended florida.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom