Coaches' salaries... | Syracusefan.com

Coaches' salaries...

supp

Hall of Fame
CTO and other insiders made it clear that the SUAD lowballing him on salary was not an issue in Marrone's departure. Gross has said in an interview that he's brought up the football coaches' salaries up to ACC levels. So why all the talk about "we can't afford this guy"? I would think that now we have more money to throw around for assistants than ever since Shafer is likely going to get a significantly smaller deal than Marrone as a first-year head coach.

I think there's money to give out. My worry is who's available at this point in the year? So if we go down a level to FCS for an OC, I don't think that it's necessarily a sign that we're going cheap.

I don't think it will be either and I just want a quality coach(s).

Now on the other hand it would be nice if we could pay our players SEC money.

agreed supp. the way i see it, any coach that is on a team that is above syracuse stature in the football world isn't going to leave unless he was fired. do we really want a fired guy? any coordinator that is on a team below syracuse's stature, such as a nothern illinois or central michigan, would jump to advance his career. the difference in pay is that we pay the up and comer on the lower side of the reasonable scale while we pay the established name on the high side of the reasonable scale.

personally, i rather have an up and comer, but one that has prior oc experience. i also hope they will build on what hackett installed, and possibly even reach out to him, rather than start from scratch.

agreed supp. the way i see it, any coach that is on a team that is above syracuse stature in the football world isn't going to leave unless he was fired. do we really want a fired guy? any coordinator that is on a team below syracuse's stature, such as a nothern illinois or central michigan, would jump to advance his career. the difference in pay is that we pay the up and comer on the lower side of the reasonable scale while we pay the established name on the high side of the reasonable scale.

personally, i rather have an up and comer, but one that has prior oc experience. i also hope they will build on what hackett installed, and possibly even reach out to him, rather than start from scratch.

Yes, communication between Hackett and the new OC would be very good thing.

I don't want a grey-beard OC. I would much prefer a young guy who has shown something at a lower level, but brings some energy, enthusiasm, and hopefully some recruiting moxie.

Beyond that, I wonder what Wheatly's capabilities might be in that regard.

Let's take it easy on then old guys please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom