Coaching Carousel 2017 style | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel 2017 style

A few of the big(ger) ones that could be opening shortly: Indiana, Washington, Georgetown, Kansas St...

A few of the big(ger) ones that could be opening shortly: Indiana, Washington, Georgetown, Kansas St...

The Kansas City newspaper said Tom Crean was going be a candidate high on Mizzou's list. That surprised me. He'd probably be an upgrade over what Kim Anderson did I suppose, but that's not hard to do.

yeah I've read about the prospect of Romar going to Mizzou... what school in its right mind - especially one like Mizzou that is desperately trying to start winning - would bring in Romar after his annual less-with-more display the past several seasons?

Related to the Mizzou job, Kim Anderson has an assistant on his staff, Brad Loos, whose 6 year old girl was diagnosed with Stage 4 neuroblastoma in Oct. 2015. She beat that and was cancer free for 6 months and then they found a brain tumor around Thanksgiving. So not a good time for him to be unemployed. To top if off, he is the son of Dave Loos, the Austin Peay coach who just retired as he was dealing with chemo for a cancerous lymph node.

Related to the Mizzou job, Kim Anderson has an assistant on his staff, Brad Loos, whose 6 year old girl was diagnosed with Stage 4 neuroblastoma in Oct. 2015. She beat that and was cancer free for 6 months and then they found a brain tumor around Thanksgiving. So not a good time for him to be unemployed. To top if off, he is the son of Dave Loos, the Austin Peay coach who just retired as he was dealing with chemo for a cancerous lymph node.

That is sad. Hope he can his keep medical insurance somehow.

Washington for sure, I don't understand how top recruits are wasting their talents going there.

Romar historically seems to have been able to keep most of the elite Seattle/Tacoma players to stay local and come to UW. He gets them to the league. That's all most of these elite prospects care about, IMO. His track record is pretty good. Nate Robinson and Brandon Roy were all local. Same with Isiah Thomas, Tony Wroten, and Terrence Ross. Fultz had some ties to him and an assistant back in middle school I think. Fultz would've been the num 1 pick anywhere. No question Romar has underachieved big time with some real talent but he gets them to the league.

54584065.jpg

I know it will never happen, but a lot of these schools need to think about returning to D-3, starting with Hobart in MLax.

QU is a great school, terrific area, I almost went there, but not sure they belong trying to play big times sports.

Former Rutgers coach Gary Waters has retired at Cleveland State.

I love how ESPN is playing up that Mizzou won for Kim Anderson. Uh what about all those games that got them to 7-23 in the first place?????

Romar historically seems to have been able to keep most of the elite Seattle/Tacoma players to stay local and come to UW. He gets them to the league. That's all most of these elite prospects care about, IMO. His track record is pretty good. Nate Robinson and Brandon Roy were all local. Same with Isiah Thomas, Tony Wroten, and Terrence Ross. Fultz had some ties to him and an assistant back in middle school I think. Fultz would've been the num 1 pick anywhere. No question Romar has underachieved big time with some real talent but he gets them to the league.

I'm with ya on the elite prospects, but at some point you would think the fans and boosters would say thanks, but no thanks,

7. Let me repeat that, 7. 7 in a 117 years of basketball. Thats right only 7 coaches. That is Syracuse basketball. JB stepping down will be monumental. The end of an era nears. I've been around for 5 coaches. Half my life with JB as head coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom