Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash

Locksley is going to kill it at Maryland.

He just won the award for top assistant, New Mexic was a decade ago, and he’s already proven capable of attracting talent to Umd (Stefon Diggs, Dwayne Haskins before the Univ bailed on him to hire Durkin)

I’m giving myself no wiggle room here. Either I’m right or I am hilariously wrong and I’ll bump this post in two years and we can all have a good laugh.

IMO, you're going to be hilariously wrong. He's certainly going to recruit the DMV well enough, but when push comes to shove and they're battling the OSUs, Michigans, and Penn States in the B1G East, that's not going to end well for him in the long term.

But we shall see! Don't think their success/failure has a MAJOR impact on us either way. Sure, we may have to shift our focus a bit away from that area a bit, but its a big country out there and we've proven to pull from wherever we need to.

I don’t LOVE this.

I dont think Maryland’s magically going to become a top 35 team, but they have a hell of a pool of talent within a 100 mile vicinity of their campus.
Gattis was going to get fired, so this is a break for him. He worked for James Franklin for 6 years. Ugh.

It will be interesting to see what Josh and Mike can do with talent Maryland has on its roster.

Locksley is going to kill it at Maryland.

He just won the award for top assistant, New Mexic was a decade ago, and he’s already proven capable of attracting talent to Umd (Stefon Diggs, Dwayne Haskins before the Univ bailed on him to hire Durkin)

I’m giving myself no wiggle room here. Either I’m right or I am hilariously wrong and I’ll bump this post in two years and we can all have a good laugh.

Success at recruiting is one thing - developing a cohesive program from top to bottom is quite another.

That is something Dino absolutely excels at. Locksley has not shown an indication that he is capable of it. That's a pretty big gamble to put all your chips on. Great recruiters do not necessarily make great CEO's.

Atlanta Falcons: Source tells FootballScoop Dan Quinn has promoted offensive assistant Justin Outten to assistant offensive line coach. Outten has served as offensive assistant the past two seasons with the Falcons. He previously had coached offensive line at Spring Westfield High for 8 seasons.

Detroit Lions: Former Falcons offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian and former Jaguars offensive coordinator Nate Hackett are in the mix for the Lions vacant offensive coordinator job, per Alex Marvez.

Gattis was going to get fired, so this is a break for him. He worked for James Franklin for 6 years. Ugh.

It will be interesting to see what Josh and Mike can do with talent Maryland has on its roster.

Gattis is headed to Michigan, not Maryland.

Atlanta Falcons: Source tells FootballScoop Dan Quinn has promoted offensive assistant Justin Outten to assistant offensive line coach. Outten has served as offensive assistant the past two seasons with the Falcons. He previously had coached offensive line at Spring Westfield High for 8 seasons.

Detroit Lions: Former Falcons offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian and former Jaguars offensive coordinator Nate Hackett are in the mix for the Lions vacant offensive coordinator job, per Alex Marvez.
Justin was Syracuse 12 or 13 years ago, right?

With the Miami Dolphins on the verge of hiring Patriots Linebacker coach/Defensive Coordinator Brian Flores to be their next head coach. Rumors are already out tonight that Belichick will hire Greg Schiano to be his next defensive coordinator.

IMO, you're going to be hilariously wrong. He's certainly going to recruit the DMV well enough, but when push comes to shove and they're battling the OSUs, Michigans, and Penn States in the B1G East, that's not going to end well for him in the long term.

But we shall see! Don't think their success/failure has a MAJOR impact on us either way. Sure, we may have to shift our focus a bit away from that area a bit, but its a big country out there and we've proven to pull from wherever we need to.

I don't know, he might be right on the recruiting. He was the key guy under Fridge when they were threatening PSU's hold over the DMV.

I don't know, he might be right on the recruiting. He was the key guy under Fridge when they were threatening PSU's hold over the DMV.

I said as much re: recruiting. However, he's recruited at UMD before and I must have missed when they became some unbelievable power during his time there.

And we all saw the results on/off the field on UNM. Recruiters as head coaches don't generally end up working all that well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom