coaching last night | Syracusefan.com

coaching last night

T

tipphill

i'm a big jb fan, but what i saw in the first half last night was bad coaching by jb. i felt that he was more unsettling to the team than nd was.the amt of yelling he did particularly at kj, had a more negative impact than anything nd did. he needed to settle this team down---they were clearly out of sorts, no rythum,playing frantically without a purpose.instead of the incessant yelling,he needed to boost the confidence level. he did not lead the team last night he was more of an adversary i felt he lost his composure and it affected the teams performance. haven't seen that happen in a while

CJ needed to be screamed at. He thinks he's AI with the ball and that crossover.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

i'm a big jb fan, but what i saw in the first half last night was bad coaching by jb. i felt that he was more unsettling to the team than nd was.the amt of yelling he did particularly at kj, had a more negative impact than anything nd did. he needed to settle this team down---they were clearly out of sorts, no rythum,playing frantically without a purpose.instead of the incessant yelling,he needed to boost the confidence level. he did not lead the team last night he was more of an adversary i felt he lost his composure and it affected the teams performance. haven't seen that happen in a while

To yell or not to yell...

Marrone is a bad coach in some folks minds because he doesn't yell at players. Now Boehiem is a bad coach because he does yell. Personally I do not believe his demeanor had one iota of an impact on what happened on the court. This team did not look mentally prepared for this game and gut punched in the gut. Perhaps you can blame coaching for that but I am more inclined to believe that it is easy for young men to become a bit complacent having had so much success up to this point. They weren't going undefeated, hopefully Fab will be back and we will continue to have a special season.

I am going to go on the record now as saying if SU meets ND in the BET, they will run them off the court.

If we're criticizing Boeheim, it begins and ends with his longtime inability to extend the game with fouls. We don't allow 27 seconds to elapse with under 3:00 and then foul; we foul at 3:00 and get the ball back.

I don't know if screaming at Joseph is the right move (with Kueth Duany, that treatment was probably the right move; with Paul Harris, that was clearly counterproductive), but when your senior co-captain is - for the umpteenth straight game - wasting time with a dribble and gifting fast-break points to the other team, it's not surprising that Boeheim got a little frustrated.

When you factor in Joseph's continued reliance on weak flip shots in hopes of a whistle, poor helpside defense, and poor defensive rebounding, it's really understandable that Boeheim's frantically trying to get through to him.

C'mon, this isn't peewee basketball. This is the #1 team in the country. They're big boys. Some warranted displeasure isn't going to hurt their fragile ego's.

If anything, he was yelling because the players knew what they had to do but weren't doing it. A player has to expect some pushback from the coach on that.

"He did not lead the team, he was more of an adversary"?????

You seriously believe that? That is way over the top IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom