Coaching Staff completed -- New DB Coach Fred Reed | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Staff completed -- New DB Coach Fred Reed

There's nothing wrong with whooping it up after plays.
I guess I'm just a fan of the way Jim Brown played the game.

So NY is worth getting our panties in a bunch because in '11 you considered Reddish to be our best player and in '12 Morgan was our best player, excluding MPB? Sorry, but this is a really weak argument in many ways.

Was there another true Frosh that contributed more than Morgan, other than Norton, last year? If I missed someone, please point him out. My point is simply that while we obviously never landed the percieved "big fish" out of NY, we have landed some very quality players &, IMO, enough to continue to make it a priority. I agree that good recruiters can recruit any area, regardless of "ties", & am also a strong believer in the importance of locking down your "6 hour radius" & home state. I like the attitude & "swagger" that the NYC recruits have begun to infuse into the program & believe that the NY pipeline is vital to sustain success. Not to contradict my "good recruiters recruit" statement, but, as we've see, staffs & their "ties" come & go but the school's location never changes.

I really don't like the fact that we have few coaches from the NE.

That was a huge problem for Robinson.

I only hope that these guys have NE contacts though that does not seem to be the case.
coaching was the main problem for grob. i dont care where we recruit as long the players are fast and athletic...hell if they got some recruits in alaska that can play...bring em on board..!

I guess I'm just a fan of the way Jim Brown played the game.
the problem isnt whooping it up after big plays.. the problem is kids these days think any play is a big play even the ones where the made a tackle after allowing a 25 yd run.

Was there another true Frosh that contributed more than Morgan, other than Norton, last year? If I missed someone, please point him out. My point is simply that while we obviously never landed the percieved "big fish" out of NY, we have landed some very quality players &, IMO, enough to continue to make it a priority. I agree that good recruiters can recruit any area, regardless of "ties", & am also a strong believer in the importance of locking down your "6 hour radius" & home state. I like the attitude & "swagger" that the NYC recruits have begun to infuse into the program & believe that the NY pipeline is vital to sustain success. Not to contradict my "good recruiters recruit" statement, but, as we've see, staffs & their "ties" come & go but the school's location never changes.
Yet to be determined...most of the class was red shirted. There are quite a few RS players that have a very good chance to contribute at least as much as Morgan.

There's nothing wrong with whooping it up after plays. You have to have that swagger to play well. Taking plays off is a ridiculous accusation that I have never seen on this team. Would love to get some examples on that.
eskridge vs. cinncy...

hate to call out a kid,but you asked

eskridge vs. cinncy...

hate to call out a kid,but you asked

Plays is plural. One play by one player isn't a problem. I'm sure the coaches gave it to him, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom