Cole Swider returning ??? | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider returning ???

Again, I ask, why is he even responding to a random person on Twitter. We are hideous at this.

Maybe it’s not a random person. Maybe Pete knows him. Goldstein graduated from SU.

Maybe it’s not a random person. Maybe Pete knows him. Goldstein graduated from SU.

Then he can DM him if he feels the need to address it with him. If he really knows him, text or call him.

That guy has 78 followers.

The isn’t the end of the world and it’s a relative nothingburger, but he can’t be engaging people on Twitter like this. It’s lose - lose no matter what.

Here’s my 2 cents. This is my conjecture piecing together tidbits I’ve heard and knowing human nature.

I think JB actually wanted Jimmy and Buddy to return and that was known internally. He simply didn’t want his sons legacy to be tarnished by a sub par season and wanted to give them a chance at redemption.

I don’t think Cole saw a benefit of returning in this circumstance and indicated he was leaving…and I that was fine with JB.

This was probably where we were up until JB leaked the idea of Jimmy applying for a waiver - which was about the time things really looked a losing season was possible, if not likely…and the natives were really getting restless.

Then, I honestly think Juli stepped in. Juli puts up a brave face, but I don’t think this season has been fun for her at all. Fans can be unbelievably mean and insensitive. I saw her plenty at road games…not so much at the dome. I don’t think she wanted any part of this happening again next year in what might have been growing public discontent. It’s not how any of them wanted this season to go, but I think she made the call. Remember, you always recruit mom….she’s the decision maker!

So now that it appears JB3 and Buddy are indeed gone, there is a mutual interest from Coach and Cole for him to return.

Cole can be more of a focus of the offense. And JB gets a piece of a puzzle so he can have a successful season next year that he desperately wants.

So that’s my take on how this has shifted.

Edit: just saw Mike Waters clarification….but I think what I said above holds true and that Swider is seriously considering a return.

Here’s my 2 cents. This is my conjecture piecing together tidbits I’ve heard and knowing human nature.

I think JB actually wanted Jimmy and Buddy to return and that was known internally. He simply didn’t want his sons legacy to be tarnished by a sub par season and wanted to give them a chance at redemption.

I don’t think Cole saw a benefit of returning in this circumstance and indicated he was leaving…and I that was fine with JB.

This was probably where we were up until JB leaked the idea of Jimmy applying for a waiver - which was about the time things really looked a losing season was possible, if not likely.

Then, I honestly think Juli stepped in. Juli puts up a brave face, but I don’t think this season has been fun for her at all. Fans can be unbelievably mean and insensitive. I saw her plenty at road games…not so much at the dome. I don’t think she wanted any part of this happening again next year in what might have been growing public discontent. It’s not how any of them wanted this season to go, but I think she made the call. Remember, you always recruit mom….she’s the decision maker!

So now that it appears JB3 and Buddy are indeed gone, there is a mutual interest from Coach and Cole for him to return.

Cole can be more of a focus of the offense. And JB gets a piece of a puzzle so he can have a successful season next year that he desperately wants.

So that’s my take on how this has shifted.

Word

I think he would be great with one more year in school, like all-ACC, maybe 1st team
I never would’ve thought this 2 months or so ago, but he really had some great performances as the year went on.

Playing more minutes with a distributor like Torrence, and a center who will draw doubles like Edwards should help him continue to get good looks. And even having Girard at the 2 - not a great distributor or penetrator for a PG, but as a two he’s pretty solid in those areas and obviously his range stretches the floor….that should help Cole get looks too,

Man, if Benny can remotely come close to his HS press clippings and make a large sophomore leap we could be pretty good. I’m thinking like a Damone Brown freshman to sophomore leap. Give us 10 and 5 and solid defense. Doable?

I also think pete wasn't just talking out of his @ss. However, the word should come from Cole and not Pete hence the back track.

This isn't necessarily a Cole problem, but a problem for everyone with remaining eligibility.

Do we assume everyone is returning until they make a formal announcement that they're leaving, or do we assume that everyone is leaving until they announce that they want to return.

What's the default setting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom