Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse

Not sure if I missed it vs Pace but it was noticeable tonight in Cole taking on some of a leadership role. Kid is intense and focused. If he misses a shot or makes a mistake he takes it personally and is out there to remedy it.

Love the passion and that killer instinct mindset. I think he gets better as a rebounder over time just given that commitment. Saw him taking to Jessie Frank and Benny too. Having a leader step up in this group is huge.
Buddy is always smiling but some of the close ups of Swider after he scored was that he was scowling. Looked like he was thinking, “There, that showed you, you S.O.B. I”ll get you again next time, and your little dog, too!”

Not sure if I missed it vs Pace but it was noticeable tonight in Cole taking on some of a leadership role. Kid is intense and focused. If he misses a shot or makes a mistake he takes it personally and is out there to remedy it.

Love the passion and that killer instinct mindset. I think he gets better as a rebounder over time just given that commitment. Saw him taking to Jessie Frank and Benny too. Having a leader step up in this group is huge.

He's looked real good. Very efficient on the floor. Hard to imagine he only got 18 minutes a game at Nova. He's going to make a big jump in ppg. I wouldn't be surprised if he led the team.

He's looked real good. Very efficient on the floor. Hard to imagine he only got 18 minutes a game at Nova. He's going to make a big jump in ppg. I wouldn't be surprised if he led the team.

Yeah - it really was how they forced him to switch onto guards all the time. It's tough being a big guy in general in Jay Wrights system because of how you are asked to defend along with the fact that stretch 5s/4s are not really Wright's thing either as it's usually 3 guards, a SF and a PF or C or 2 guards, 2 SFs and a C etc.

A stretch 4/3 hybrid just fits better in our system.

Last edited:

He is going to be a fan favorite. He had a great impact on the game. Buddy's life is going to be so much easier this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom