Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse

Such a anticlimactic dirty portal commitment...and here I thought we were in for a whirlwind offseason!

We don’t take Swider unless he knew his role.
He left Nova to get more PT.

We all should thank Quincy and wish him well,
Benny is starting.
Swider is starting.
I assume that's the situation...never know but I think its probably a safe bet that Q is leaving no matter what. Would be fricken awesome if he does decide to return though!

Okay folks, so recognizing that Jimmy Jr. is a virtual inevitability...

Is Swider pegged as the backup to the 5 / Jesse? Is Jimmy?

Not digging that aspect -- despite being happy about the pickup.

Thoughts?

That has been my assumption as well. It's the smarter play to have a chance to keep Woody in my opinion too.

Thoughts?
Depending on the situation it could be a killer lineup offensively to have him plug in at the 5 at times (if playing small ball) but I'm kinda over the non centers playing center experiment. Let's roll with Jesse/Frank and call it a day.

If Frank leaves and isn't replaced by someone capable of getting mins then we're looking at legit 5 out lineups when Jesse takes a seat. Will be wild.

Personally I think he starts at the 3 and Benny at the 4. It doesn’t really matter on defense. On offense Swider is the better outside shooter and Benny the better inside player. But we know our 4 will get shots too in the motion. Jimmy backs them both up.

Can't wait for the Spring Game. The '21 FB season and now very excited and curious for 21-22 Bball.
And I would suppose we're not thru w/roster changes yet.
The landscape in college sports is shifting, but there's still a lot of fun and interest to tease out.
LGO

Thoughts?
Hopefully Frank stays and fills that role and we can have an actual center on the court for all 40 minutes, again.

Glad to add a shooter with some size. Hopefully he can man the 5 if desperate, though I doubt it. A rotation with Benny, Swider and JBJ should be able to get buckets but I worry about the D and rebounding. Could really use another body if Woody departs.

Hope we can get some athleticism soon! Happy we got some good news here.

I’m fine with heavy offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom