Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider Transferring from Nova to Syracuse

If Frank leaves and isn't replaced by someone capable of getting mins then we're looking at legit 5 out lineups when Jesse takes a seat. Will be wild.
We need another 5 just for that reason, especially since our defense up top will remain suspect, at best. There will be plenty of driving lanes and foul opportunities for Jesse/Frank/whoever.

Should be a huge upgrade from Bras. Would love Q to come back, that would give us three terrific forwards.

we still need a serviceable big to backup Jesse, unless frank comes back and the staff thinks he could be that guy.

if Q does not come back, we need to get a guy who can bang to play the four when muscle and rebounding is needed.

sorry, but I do not want Jimmy b. He is just a lesser swider and I do not trust the nepotism factor.

anyways, any info on anybody else we might be pursuing ?

welcome aboard, Cole !!!!

Major props to Gerry McNamara.
People need to get off his back.

He did a great job selling Swider on our program.

He gets a lot of crap.
His recruiting is getting better and doesn’t get the credit.

Actually, Gerry didn't have to do much convincing/selling this time around, and once he was in the transfer portal. Gerry laid all of the groundwork during his recruitment when Cole was a prep. I don't think there has been a recruit Gerry wanted more than Cole. My brother in law is an exec at a significant SU booster and he traveled on occasion in private planes with Gerry during his, along with others recruitment. I recall him telling me how bad GMac wanted Cole.

Girard
Boeheim
Swider
Williams
Edwards
Torrence
Boeheim

So there’s 7.

Woody and Frank...we’ll see.

Chances we keep both of them and add another guard that can play and is quick? I’d feel a lot better about things if that all happened.

Actually, Gerry didn't have to do much convincing/selling this time around, and once he was in the transfer portal. Gerry laid all of the groundwork during his recruitment when Cole was a prep. I don't think there has been a recruit Gerry wanted more than Cole. My brother in law is an exec at a significant SU booster and he traveled on occasion in private planes with Gerry during his, along with others recruitment. I recall him telling me how bad GMac wanted Cole.
Good info.
GMac has improved these last couple of years. I still think with how hard we sold the program once Swider entered the portal GMac gets the credit.

Girard
Boeheim
Swider
Williams
Edwards
Torrence
Boeheim

So there’s 7.

Chances we keep both of them and add another guard that can play and is quick? I’d feel a lot better about things if that all happened.

any guard coming in will be a project with multiple years remaining. I’d be stunned if we took on a Gillon type

Girard
Boeheim
Swider
Williams
Edwards
Torrence
Boeheim

So there’s 7.

With Swider we have forward rotation next year.
JB needs to recruit the 2022 cycle hard.

I expect we will add an overseas Big if we add a big.

I don’t expect a portal big.
I also think Woody/Frank/Alan/Quincy are all gone.

Girard
Boeheim
Swider
Williams
Edwards
Torrence
Boeheim

So there’s 7.

Frank is fairly vital. High ceiling 5 to grow with Jesse is a big deal. Especially without one in this class and missing on guys in 22 so far. The 3 forwards and 3 guards are all that are going to see the floor anyway. Not ideal but that may be about it there.

Hopefully Frank stays. That would be two 5’s with good potential. On the rare occasion we had to go 3 deep at the 5 I would expect it to be Jimmy. He’s more aggressive than Cole.

Good info. Gmac definitely deserves the credit here...we were really close to getting him the first go around...real close. The relationship already established was obviously a huge factor considering how quickly he committed.

Pound that portal!

hammering nail in the coffin GIF by FC Bayern Munich

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom