Coleman out 4 weeks | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Coleman out 4 weeks

Let's suit up one of our defensive tackles. One of them has to have a hoops background. I'm only half kidding.

Rak will play 4 more often now...and 5
and 1
and 2
and 3
Help us someone, kindly.
Thanks in advance,
Signed Rambling Board Members

It is very important we stop fouling entirely... not once.

This is going to sound incredibly mean, but it is virtually no loss. Coleman hasn't contributed anything recently. Did we lose Brandon, cj, or mcw? Those are the only three players that really matter anyway.

This is going to sound incredibly mean, but it is virtually no loss. Coleman hasn't contributed anything recently. Did we lose Brandon, cj, or mcw? Those are the only three players that really matter anyway.
And James.

He's a body. It takes Keita about 10 minutes to foul out, so if Rak gets in foul trouble we'll have an issue.

Honestly if Keita keeps his fouling down, this won't be a big deal.

Nah, even if he got stripped with the ball 2 feet above sea level, he's still a body. And a fouler.
DAMN!

He's a body. It takes Keita about 10 minutes to foul out, so if Rak gets in foul trouble we'll have an issue.

Honestly if Keita keeps his fouling down, this won't be a big deal.
I wouldn't call most of those fouls last week on Keita.

ya but who would you rather have Coleman, or Clyde-Lauce? If baye fouls out in 6 mins again, and grant fouls out thats what were looking at. not to mention someone turns an ankle in practice. this is a huge loss we only have 7 scholarship players right now!!

ya but who would you rather have Coleman, or Clyde-Lauce? If baye fouls out in 6 mins again, and grant fouls out thats what were looking at. not to mention someone turns an ankle in practice. this is a huge loss we only have 7 scholarship players right now!!
At this point? MLC and it isn't close.

Dang hope its nothing serious and he gets healthy and is available by seasons end.

If james comes back and it leads to more of Rak at the 5 like 28-30min of it and him playing like he can we will be in good shape. But if Jmaes doesn't come back we are in trouble at the forward spot more than anything. Rak would be the backup for Grant and Fair and we would only have Baye and Rak for the middle. Losing two front court players when you only play 3 guards and one of them barely at all is a pretty tough blow.

Four week recovery...great. Lets hope Dajuan doesn't put on 20lbs while rehabbing.

20? Hell lets hope he doesn't put on 40. I have the o/u at 18.5.

Seems like just yesterday we were bitching and moaning about thin we were at guard.....seems comparatively deep now.

For as worthless as DC2 has been, he'll still be missed for depth.

who is going to play front court now?

fair ,keita,christmas rotating at 4 and 5?

He's going to alternate Keita and Christmas. He won't play them together to save the fouls at the center position. I would pick Grant to start with Christmas. Bring Keita off the bench along with Cooney, who is not yet "white hot". We're going to see some walk-ons playing a bit against some of these teams.

This is the problem with 9 scholarship players. It's enough if you have them all available but there's little margin for error or misfortune. Next year should be very different with 6 guys coming in, although I doubt we'll have 13 guys on scholarship.

Anybody got game?

Our walk-ons:

6-7 208 Russ DeRemer
6-6 230 Noel Jones
6-6 195 Albert Nassar
6-4 210 Matt Lyde-Cajuste
6-0 180 Griffin Hoffmann
5-10 155 Nolan Hart

If we need a banger inside, I vote for Jones who was "ranked seventh among power forwards in Hoopstars Canada when he was in high school.

Best of luck to DaJuan in his recovery but this isn't a big deal. We're still the same team and if we don't get James back we aren't winning it all and weren't anyway.

Best of luck to DaJuan in his recovery but this isn't a big deal. We're still the same team and if we don't get James back we aren't winning it all and weren't anyway.
Thanks I can stop watching now.

Good thing we didn't get blown out by UL either. I can always remember that.

They certainly have shown to be a real juggernaut, that was a great win.