Colgate Game Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Colgate Game Thread

Ugly win. I have a bad feeling we are going to see a lot of zone the next few weeks. Really exposes the lack of outside shooting.

We played flat but 9-7 is a good win. Wardwell was great only 1 goal in the 2nd half. 12-2 we have to be the 1 seed.
Agreed. It would be an upset if we weren't. Sadly, we might see Bryant in our future... :(

Of course, we should beat them, but I still can't get the image of us losing to them out of my mind.

Did anyone catch desko post game interview? No sound where I'm at

Did anyone catch desko post game interview? No sound where I'm at

He said Colgate went mainly zone against our first midfield and man against the second midfield. He said we scored a bunch of goals against the zone after switching offensive alignment. The second midfield needed to dodge better. He praised the Colgate goalie, who had 14? saves.

same style colgate played against cornell and the goalie made a ton of saves that game to almost pull the upset.

Selection tonight? (9) ... ESPNU, correct?

Don't be jealous.

Craig and Sue are at the Derby.
I saw some guy wearing an orange cuse hat on the derby broadcast about an hour ago

Good crowd today, 5,300.

Sunburns all around. ;)
And credit to Colgate. The result was expected, but they made us earn it. Excellent patience and preparation on their defense ... and interesting strategy (zone our 1st line and man our second). Their GK had a ridiculous game. Ben Williams was unstoppable.

I saw some guy wearing an orange cuse hat on the derby broadcast about an hour ago
Beautiful event to watch. Those of us with progressive tendencies can't help but wonder, with Ky's transportation and education infrastructures disintegrating and half its citizens unable to afford health care without a heavy subsidy, how so many millions are available to bet on ponies. But maybe I'm over thinking again.

Beautiful event to watch. Those of us with progressive tendencies can't help but wonder, with Ky's transportation and education infrastructures disintegrating and half its citizens unable to afford health care without a heavy subsidy, how so many millions are available to bet on ponies. But maybe I'm over thinking again.
Kentucky may be the ultimate yin/yang state.

Huge fortunes in coal, horses, and bourbon.

Horrendous poverty in the "hollers".

good match to watch. crowd probably 70 % orange. had to take the sunglasses off 2nd half so i wouldn't "racoon".

I wonder what was up with Barber's benching? I hope this was a one game deal.

I wonder what was up with Barber's benching? I hope this was a one game deal.

According to Desko's Post-game presser, Barber was being rested so he'd be 100% for next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom