Colgate predictions | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Colgate predictions

Bud Hedinger (Masters) 44

Bud Hedinger (Bachelors) 20

If it's a one possession game late, I will need a defibrillator on hand.

It's unreal how stressful Dome openers have been as of late:

2009 Minnesota: we lose in OT
2011 Wake Forest: huge comeback and we win in OT
2012 Northwestern: huge comeback and we just fall short at the end losing by 1 point
2014 Villanova: it took them missing a chip shot FG for us to win in OT

It's unreal how stressful Dome openers have been as of late:

2009 Minnesota: we lose in OT
2011 Wake Forest: huge comeback and we win in OT
2012 Northwestern: huge comeback and we just fall short at the end losing by 1 point
2014 Villanova: it took them missing a chip shot FG for us to win in OT
Very true... Hollywood script would call for a controlled blowout, proving to all that a new sheriff is in town. Unfortunately, real life tends to differ from make believe...

Ted Gregory 52
Cheap Shot 3

Hope this is a serious, demoralizing physical beatdown.

su 28
colgate 27
hoodoo curse raises its ugly head

Last edited:
I think college football fans have a bad habit of mentally lumping all FCS teams together in their heads. There is a huge variation amongst the quality of these teams. Colgate went deep into the FCS playoffs last year and is a formidable opponent for us.

I obviously expect to win, but I would be very surprised if it was a game like Rhode Island last year. I could see this being a game where it's competitive into the 2nd and 3rd quarter and then we end up winning something like 37-17.

Every single year an FCS team either beats or scares the crap out of an FBS team, many of which are better than us.

I think college football fans have a bad habit of mentally lumping all FCS teams together in their heads. There is a huge variation amongst the quality of these teams. Colgate went deep into the FCS playoffs last year and is a formidable opponent for us.

I obviously expect to win, but I would be very surprised if it was a game like Rhode Island last year. I could see this being a game where it's competitive into the 2nd and 3rd quarter and then we end up winning something like 37-17.

Every single year an FCS team either beats or scares the crap out of an FBS team, many of which are better than us.

Didn't Colgate graduate quite a few key players? Can't remember where I read that, or if I am dreaming it up.

They lost a couple guys, return some experience, but they're not as good as some fear. They're conservative and will not match up well against a Babers team with better talent at every position.
Biggest loss was probably there TE. Not sure I follow the conservative comment? In what way? I know at Navy last year they kicked a FG on the opening drive from the 1 which seems conservative but at the end of the year with a woeful FG unit they seemed to go for it a lot on 4th down. They seem to trust their QB who isn't the kid from Nova but I think will be in his 3rd year starting.
Syracuse 35
Colgate 14

No offense but you sound like I did two years ago when Nova took us to OT. Nova was a great FCS team that year but it still spelled trouble for us. Fact is we need to get it done against Colgate to keep up the buzz. If Dino and the team come out flat it's going to sour a lot of the fence sitters.

There's pretty much nothing worse than losing to FCS. It's one thing that even GRob managed to avoid.

Having said that, Washington State lost to one to open last season. Ended up 9-4 with 2 close losses to ranked teams.

You can overcome it, but let's just not let it happen.

38-17 SU. We pull away in the 2nd half.

Then we beat Louisville.

53 Caleb Fell So. 6-3 280 DL Downingtown, Pa. / Downingtown East Undecided
54 Chuck Moore So. 6-4 265 DL Holliston, Mass. / Cushing Academy Undecided
55 Victor Steffen Sr. 6-3 275 DL Hawley, Pa. / Wallenpaupack Area Natural Science
56 Louie Berkowitz Fr. 6-2 290 OL Miami, Fla. / St. Thomas Aquinas Undecided
57 Zach Provin Sr. 6-1 265 OL Davie, Fla. / St. Thomas Aquinas History
58 Will Varble Fr. 6-3 275 OL Simsbury, Conn. / Simsbury Undecided
image_handler.aspx
Charlie Holsopple Fr. 6-4 275 OL Aston, Pa. / St. Joseph's Preparatory School Undecided
60 Titus Martin Fr. 6-3 285 OL Noblesville, Ind. / Fishers Undecided
62 Alex Campbell Sr. 6-3 275 DL Canonsburg, Pa. / Canon McMillan Geology
63 Scott Hirshman Jr. 6-3 280 OL Berwyn, Pa. / Conestoga Economics
65 Anthony Khalife Jr. 6-4 265 DL Wilkes-Barre, Pa. / James M. Coughlin Economics
image_handler.aspx
Max Hartzman Jr. 6-3 305 OL Hinsdale, Ill. / Hinsdale Central Economics
69 Bobby Pereira So. 6-1 275 OL Wellesley, Mass. / Buckingham, Brown & Nichols Undecided
image_handler.aspx
Jovaun Woolford So. 6-4 285 OL Des Plaines, Ill. / Maine West Undecided
image_handler.aspx
Ryan Paulish Jr. 6-4 290 OL Old Forge, Pa. / Old Forge Political Science
73 Jordi Dalmau Sr. 6-2 290 OL Pinecrest, Fla. / Gulliver Prep Spanish
74 Grant Siegel Sr. 6-4 285 OL Miami Beach, Fla. / Gulliver Prep Theater
75 Terence Sino Sr. 6-5 285 OL Rockville Centre, N.Y. / Chaminade Latin
77 Ryan Kasten Sr. 6-5 275 OL Farmingdale, N.J. / Freehold History
78 Andy Simms Jr. 6-3 285 OL Delaware, Ohio / Olentangy Economics . Legitimate size on both lines.

image_handler.aspx
Brett Field Sr. 6-5 275 DL Durhamville, N.Y. / Vernon-Verona-Sherrill Geology . Couldn't forget a handsome local guy .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom