College basketball: The 25 best shooting teams in the country, ranked | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

College basketball: The 25 best shooting teams in the country, ranked

Last year may have been the worst offensive Syracuse team I’ve ever seen.

Depth will help and guys get better. I think we’ll be significantly improved offensively, but I don’t know about this?

If someone(OB?) turns into a deadeye 40% 3 point shooter, maybe.
There’s potential for that. I believe the last 15-20 games of the season, OB shot like 37-38 % from 3. He had a really bad start shooting the ball, and that brought his overall % down. He can get close to 40 by taking better shots. Tyus shot 38% from 3 his freshman year. He can get back to at least that, imo. Plus there’s Elijah Hughes, who’s known as a shooter. Frank, Buddy (!) and Jalen as well. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of some pessimists out there...the 3 best shooters on this years team might all be new to the team. I know Carey is known as more of a driver than shooter but it is possible that he is a better shooter (or at least have a higher%) than TB or FH. Not likely but possible. TB, FH & OB each shot high 30's FG and low 30's 3PFG so its not like the bar is too high to surpass. If the team lives up to this prediction the rest of the country should just concede now.

I’m optimistic (gasp!) and Katz is a sharp cat. More bodies, not as many minutes logged, and more ballhandling can help the shooting. Frank/Tyus/Oshae shouldn’t have to force as much and should be less fatigued. Better flow to the offense should truly help things but who knows with Boeheim and the design. We will never be Villanova from a system/skill standpoint but I think small incremental improvements from everybody and credible shooters coming in should potentially land us where Katz suggests. At least we will have more capable threats out there deployed in many combinations of players.

Just by showing up this year we have to be better. Early last year was a "baling wire and bubble gum" offense. Never sure who or if anybody would score. As we approached the end of the season and the NCAA's, the offense started to gel with OB hitting more consistent shots and Dolezaj starting to hit his shots. This year we should have more options, take the playing time pressure off the starting five with a healthy Sidibe, red shirt Hughes and the 3 freshman. Are we top 25, too soon to tell but this team is going to surprise a few people. Need to remember we play a bit of a slow down offense. Possibly that could change, need to wait and see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom