1. Butch Jones
2. Charlie Strong
3. Skip Holtz
4. Paul Pasqualoni
5. Steve Addazio
6. Paul Chryst
7. Kyle Flood

(Doug Marrone - Unranked)

Butch Jones #1????? Looking at that list just shows you how sad the BE is.

Hmmm. He's not listed with the ACC coaches either. Chryst is ranked. Oversight or slight? Either is a poor reflection on both TSN and SU.

What the hell is with that?

Does this mean we will be playing in the ACC this coming fall?

EDIT: ^^ I guess I've got my answer ^^

Butch Jones #1????? Looking at that list just shows you how sad the BE is.
Well, he did take a team with no more talent than SU and win a share of the league title while SU flatlined the end of the season.

Well, he did take a team with no more talent than SU and win a share of the league title while SU flatlined the end of the season.

If I were to hire a HC from that list he wouldn't be in my top 3.

If I were to hire a HC from that list he wouldn't be in my top 3.

Strong has to be #1 hes done wonders at Lville since he got there and is a heck of a recruiter to. Only problem for Lville fans is that he is sure to leave for the SEC within the next couple of years.

Sporting News

1. Butch Jones
2. Charlie Strong
3. Skip Holtz
4. Paul Pasqualoni
5. Steve Addazio
6. Paul Chryst
7. Kyle Flood

SU should be roundly applauded for winning 5 games last year without a coach. Kudos to the team.

What is wrong with SN?

Sporting News

1. Butch Jones
2. Charlie Strong
3. Skip Holtz
4. Paul Pasqualoni
5. Steve Addazio
6. Paul Chryst
7. Kyle Flood

The Sporting News is an washed up publication.

Not worthy of any real consideration.

What does that mean?

That list does not have desirable names on it. If a HC gig where to open at a school in the ACC, SEC, B1G, B12, or P12 most of those guys wouldn't even get an interview let alone be hired.

That list does not have desirable names on it. If a HC gig where to open at a school in the ACC, SEC, B1G, B12, or P12 most of those guys wouldn't even get an interview let alone be hired.
that's hard to say - hell, the previous Pitt coach got a P12 job after one 6-6 season in the BE.

Strong would be on the top of many list. Great coach, motivator, recruiter the guy has everything you want in a head coach

that's hard to say - hell, the previous Pitt coach got a P12 job after one 6-6 season in the BE.

That was based on what he did at Tulsa not what he did at Pitt. The current crop of BE HCs could all turn out to be good in time. But as of right now they are all very green. Three years from now they all might be "hot", but right now they leave a lot to be desired.

Strong would be on the top of many list. Great coach, motivator, recruiter the guy has everything you want in a head coach

Yup. Agreed. Strong has to be on the radar of a lot of programs.

A more complete (if not accurate) ranking:

1. Charlie Strong
2. Butch Jones

Then the rest (aside from the Buttgers coach) you could pretty much throw in a hat and pick randomly...

3. Skip Holtz
4. Steve Addazio
5. Paul Pasqualoni
6. Doug Marrone
7. Paul Chryst (rookie)
8. Kyle Flood (I have no idea who this is)

I think you are very, very wrong about that.

By the way, where would you have put Greg Schiano on that list?

Was he your No. 1 BE coach by chance?

I think you are very, very wrong about that.

By the way, where would you have put Greg Schiano on that list?

Was he your No. 1 BE coach by chance?

LOL the fact the Bucs made a horrendous hire doesnt change the fact Schiano was a horrible gameday coach. Would you have honestly hired Schiano to coach your Div 1 team less an NFL team? Outside of Strong theres not many BE coaches that at this point could get a high level gig.

Not to belabor the point but Butch Jones turned down an opportunity to interview for the Illinois job this year. The job was his if he wanted it. The fact that his former boss at UC is nowe the AD at Illinois likely had a lot to do with it.

The article has been updated.

8. Doug Marrone, Syracuse

2011: 5-7
At Syracuse (3 years): 17-20
FBS career (3 years): 17-20
Look what he walked into. He followed a guy (Greg Robinson) who was an utter catastrophe, upgraded and hit another rough spot last fall. He can obviously recruit; can he develop players?
Trending: Falling

(He's the only coach who is "falling". What a lazy author.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom