College Football Playoff doesn't need expansion – it needs reform | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Playoff doesn't need expansion – it needs reform

If people want an 8 game playoff the kids need to be paid.
12 regular season games, 1 conference title game, and 3 playoff games is a pro 16 game season.

These kids don’t get paid.
4 team playoff adds one extra game.
8 team playoff adds two extra games.

FCS does a 16 playoff but it’s only a 11 game regular season schedule.

FBS won’t go to 11 games.

6 game playoff would give the top 2 the one less game which is huge.

If people want an 8 game playoff the kids need to be paid.
12 regular season games, 1 conference title game, and 3 playoff games is a pro 16 game season.

These kids don’t get paid.
4 team playoff adds one extra game.
8 team playoff adds two extra games.

FCS does a 16 playoff but it’s only a 11 game regular season schedule.

FBS won’t go to 11 games.

6 game playoff would give the top 2 the one less game which is huge.

I'm for the kids getting all they can but I don't think 8 teams out of 129 is going to push the issue. And these are the deepest teams that rotate players the most.

I'm for the kids getting all they can but I don't think 8 teams out of 129 is going to push the issue. And these are the deepest teams that rotate players the most.
If I am a RB and my value is already being devalued in the pro game why do I want to let my college coach abuse me and give an extra 30 carries so he can get a bonus and the school can profit and I get my value hurt for the pro game.
Sorry these kids are abused. The playoff system right now is the most it should be without kids getting paid for their participation in them.
1 extra game isn’t a lot to ask but two extra games is pushing it.
The NCAA could easily allow the CFB playoff teams gives shares like they do in MLB/NHL/NBA/NFL playoffs where players aren’t paid for the playoffs they are given a percentage of the gates, TV revenue that is split with the ownership and based on how far the team advances is how much that team gets.
If the kids wanted to strike and not play these playoff games the teams would still get their money from TV.
The teams in the playoffs should give their players a real reward for the insane money the teams and conferences are getting.

ESPN pays 475 million dollars a season for 2 playoff games and the championship game.
ESPN reaches 12-year deal to air college football playoffs
It’s BS that insane money goes to everyone but the kids.

If I am a RB and my value is already being devalued in the pro game why do I want to let my college coach abuse me and give an extra 30 carries so he can get a bonus and the school can profit and I get my value hurt for the pro game.
Sorry these kids are abused. The playoff system right now is the most it should be without kids getting paid for their participation in them.
1 extra game isn’t a lot to ask but two extra games is pushing it.
The NCAA could easily allow the CFB playoff teams gives shares like they do in MLB/NHL/NBA/NFL playoffs where players aren’t paid for the playoffs they are given a percentage of the gates, TV revenue that is split with the ownership and based on how far the team advances is how much that team gets.
If the kids wanted to strike and not play these playoff games the teams would still get their money from TV.
The teams in the playoffs should give their players a real reward for the insane money the teams and conferences are getting.

ESPN pays 475 million dollars a season for 2 playoff games and the championship game.
ESPN reaches 12-year deal to air college football playoffs
It’s BS that insane money goes to everyone but the kids.

Fine. I've no objection to that. I could be an extra motivation for making the playoff. I'm just looking for the best way to determine a national champion. An 8 team playoff would be one extra game from what we have now for the two teams that make the final . If Mount Union can play 15 games a year, Alabama can play 16.

Mount Union football schedule and results

Fine. I've no objection to that. I could be an extra motivation for making the playoff. I'm just looking for the best way to determine a national champion. An 8 team playoff would be one extra game from what we have now for the two teams that make the final . If Mount Union can play 15 games a year, Alabama can play 16.

Mount Union football schedule and results
Mount Union Division 3 football is nowhere near the physical sport Division 1 FBS football is.
Plus Division 3 football isn’t earning 475 million dollars to have its playoffs broadcasted.
If they were I would say pay those kids as well.

Get rid of the conference championship games and go to a 16 team FCS like playoff. Totally disagree with this article.
Remove the 12th game and there you go.

Allow teams a preseason game that doesn’t count to eligibility, doesn’t count w/l - but that fans can attend. ESPN broadcasts spring games - they and others would scoop up the rights for August inventory. I’d presume most would chose an FCS school (who’d still get paid).

Drop to 11 games + 8 team playoff. Keep bowl system.

Get rid of the conference championship games and go to a 16 team FCS like playoff. Totally disagree with this article.

Tnen we play an 8 game reg season...teams aren't gonna play 4 extra games.

Allow teams a preseason game that doesn’t count to eligibility, doesn’t count w/l - but that fans can attend. ESPN broadcasts spring games - they and others would scoop up the rights for August inventory. I’d presume most would chose an FCS school (who’d still get paid).

Drop to 11 games + 8 team playoff. Keep bowl system.

Games out of your division shouldn't be part of a team's record. They can play them but your record is what you did against the teams in your division.

I'll be the contrarian here. I like the 4 team playoff as is. The worst P5 conference (this year the PAC 12) gets left out. What team from that conference deserves to be in? This forces the P5 teams to improve their SOS. If there is any expansion, go to 6 teams. The top 2 get a bye and the 5 and 6 teams are the best available (may or may not include a 5th P5 champion. 5 and 6 may or may not include a G5 team. I don't care... 'em.

First off SU68, Oklahoma or Ohio State will be left out as well. Second, if Georgia wins OU and OSU will be left out if Clemson beats Pitt. That's the Big 12, Big 10 AND PAC.

And the bye isn't really fair either. Who is to say between Bama, Clemson and ND who would get this bye? 8 to me is the only answer.