College Hoops Opening Week Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

College Hoops Opening Week Thread

Anyone else watch the UNC game? Having watched most of our ACC top pre season teams I am really excited to see how we look. UNC looks a hair better than last year but they still really can't shoot it well and will rely on the offensive boards a ton.

UVA looked really good. Hauser was good at Marquette so no surprise he looks good now.

I think we can be right in the thick of things in the top 4-5 if the early assessments by players and coaches of our bigs, Richmond and Griffin ring true. We shall see I guess but I am cautiously optimistic.

Georgia State's no cupcake - been to 3 of the last 5 tournaments. It's not that surprising. But they were only 2 OT away from us!

They for sure are a solid program. They are behind Little Rock in their conference possibly behind Tex State too.

That said this is the same old GT. Also tech shot.. 59 free throws to 38 for GA St and still lost.

Perhaps Pitt should move to the WAC. They will take anybody. (OK my last joke on Pitt... maybe)

That being said the WAC literally takes anybody -- they added Dixie St and Tarleton to the conference this year. Perhaps they thought they were adding Carleton?

Athletes are nice, but if you can’t shoot you won’t win. Ask Hop how that worked for him last year.
So true. Athletes may win every dance contest but not games

They for sure are a solid program. They are behind Little Rock in their conference possibly behind Tex State too.

That said this is the same old GT. Also tech shot.. 59 free throws to 38 for GA St and still lost.
Dat explains it. Like in golf you drive for show and putt for dough!
Free throws are money.

BC beats URI and Clemson is leading Purdue late in the second half.

Todd Golden at San Francisco is going to be a great coach. Gave Gonzaga fits last year and is on the verge of beating Virginia right now. Going to make some west coast school happy for a long time when he moves on from USF

I won a ML bet on UMass-L they were 16.5 dogs and +1100 on Wednesday.

I have a friend who teaches there and told me to stick a unit on them.

That is a terrible loss for UVA.
I’m thinking Virginia still can’t score and won’t be good just because the national media says they are

I won a ML bet on UMass-L they were 16.5 dogs and +1100 on Wednesday.

I have a friend who teaches there and told me to stick a unit on them.

That is a terrible loss for UVA.

Hauser and Huff are decent but if they can only put up numbers on a team like Towson it's pretty clear that losing Diakite could throw them a lot further back than thought.

I thought Jabri Abdul-Rahim was supposed to be one of the best freshmen in the ACC this year? He can’t even get off the bench for a team that needs offense.

I don’t think UVA is that good because you need guards that can score in CBB and Clark and Morsell just bring you defense.

I will never get why people think Kiehe Clark is good.
Agree. He isn’t terrible. Good defensively. Decent ball handler and distributor. Can’t shoot at all, which makes UVa so much easier to guard.

He was named All ACC preseason. That is ridiculous.

Anyone watching the Illinois/Ohio game? Kofi is literally the incredible hulk playing basketball. Hes running the court better this year and seems to be in pretty good shape. Man amongst boys. Also this Preston kid for Ohio is a fun player to watch. Smooth player that's really good coming off the pick n roll and having a heck of a game!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom