come on seton hall! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

come on seton hall!

Pirate.jpeg

Wait... are we all pretending to be pirates today?

I needed something to make this work day interesting

Its too bad I shaved 4 days worth of scruff this morning. I could have sculpted one of the sort of weird looking pirate go-tees instead had I known. I did that once to make my wife laugh which she did, but then she was dumb enough to forbid me to wear it out of the house. Of course I kept it until I couldn't do with out applesauce anymore. (5 days I think) We made an amicable agreement that worked out well for both of us.

Last edited:
People rooting for Hall are putting all their eggs in Cuse winning the ACCT.

If Nova got the BET finals they would probably lock up MSG as a 1 or 2 seed.

I want as many avenues to MSG as possible. Whether it be as a 1, 2, 3 seed.
If Nova loses then they won't be ahead of UVA or Duke if they won the ACC Tournament and keep them out of MSG, and allow Syracuse to be the 3rd seed in the East if we lost.

If Nova loses then the ACC Tournament winner will be the 2 seed in the East or if SU won potentially the 1 seed in the East.

In law school my Civ Pro professor celebrated International talk like a Pirate Day in September. So I guess its September in March for the people rooting for Seton Hall.

I am hedging and rooting for Nova.

If Nova loses then they won't be ahead of UVA or Duke if they won the ACC Tournament and keep them out of MSG, and allow Syracuse to be the 3rd seed in the East if we lost.

If Nova loses then the ACC Tournament winner will be the 2 seed in the East or if SU won potentially the 1 seed in the East.
Dang you're good at this stuff. You're killing my seton hall buzz but you're good

In law school my Civ Pro professor celebrated International talk like a Pirate Day in September. So I guess its September in March for the people rooting for Seton Hall.

I am hedging and rooting for Nova.
If Nova loses today and Cuse doesn't win then they might still be in play for a one. No one else deserves it. Cuse has to keep winning.

Dang you're good at this stuff. You're killing my seton hall buzz but you're good
Yeah I look at the big picture and if you told me Syracuse would get to Sunday right now I would be all over Seton Hall, but I like to hedge and protect Syracuse's many avenues to get MSG.

If Nova loses today and Cuse doesn't win then they might still be in play for a one. No one else deserves it. Cuse has to keep winning.
If Nova loses and Cuse loses then Michigan or Wisconsin winning the B1G Tournament would get them the 4th 1 seed.

Why should Nova get MSG if they lose today? They've done nothing outside of a win over Kansas this year. Ship them out.

Yeah I look at the big picture and if you told me Syracuse would get to Sunday right now I would be all over Seton Hall, but I like to hedge and protect Syracuse's many avenues to get MSG.

Villanova would also be a really, really weak 1 seed as well should we be the 2 in their bracket.

If Nova loses and Cuse loses then Michigan or Wisconsin winning the B1G Tournament would get them the 4th 1 seed.
Exactly. They would have to win it. Not an easy task. However if either of them get the one in the East, then depending on how Cuse does, the seeding for the east could be:
1) B1G winner
2) Cuse or Nova
3) Nova or Cuse

You can root for Nova to win today, however I am still rooting for Seton Hall.

Villanova winning this game is better in Syracuse's interest whether people believe it or not. Go ahead and root for Seton Hall, but what is best for Syracuse is Villanova winning. It gives us the avenue to get MSG as a 3 seed which Villanova loses this game the only way we can get MSG would be winning the ACC Tournament or none of Duke, Virginia, Syracuse winning the ACC Tournament.

call me crazy... but i dont really care what nova does.

• If we win the ACCT we should be a 1 seed regardless of what nova does.
  • If we dont win the ACCT we shouldnt be a 1 seed regardless of what anyone does.

Well that was fun while it lasted. Seton Hall is just awful. How many bad turnovers that lead to runouts can they commit?

Villanova winning this game is better in Syracuse's interest whether people believe it or not. Go ahead and root for Seton Hall, but what is best for Syracuse is Villanova winning. It gives us the avenue to get MSG as a 3 seed which Villanova loses this game the only way we can get MSG would be winning the ACC Tournament or none of Duke, Virginia, Syracuse winning the ACC Tournament.

the only chance we are a 3 seed is if we lose tomorrow night.

I disagree -- I think..

1. If nova loses it opens up the 1 seed with the acc title.

2. If nova is a 2 seed with a bad loss today it opens up our chances to beat them for msg if we are both on the 2 line. (assuming we make the tourney final). In this scenario the earlier and worse the loss for nova the better. The advantage we have over duke and Virginia is the heads up win.

3. Nova as a 2 opens up the 3 seed in East if we slip in the semi's. I can see nova still above duke and UVA on 2 line.

And as I was typing that nova said fu all.

Just saw on twitter that Nova doesn't have a top 40 win since NOVEMBER. I don't think it matters what they do if we win out.