Commute to the dome from downtown on game day | Syracusefan.com

Commute to the dome from downtown on game day

ToothDoc

Walk On
What's the board's recommendation on the easiest/best way to travel to the dome on game days from downtown Syracuse?

I'm an alum and returned to Syracuse for a job. I never had to commute to the games as a student since I always walked in from campus. Any sight would be greatly appreciated!

What's the board's recommendation on the easiest/best way to travel to the dome on game days from downtown Syracuse?

I'm an alum and returned to Syracuse for a job. I never had to commute to the games as a student since I always walked in from campus. Any sight would be greatly appreciated!
Depends on where you are considering downtown. Armory Square is less than 2 miles away, so it's possible to Uber/Lyft or even walk. Some bars have shuttles as well.

Schaunassey's does a pregame tailgate party where they rope off the entire block. That's quick shot directly up the hill from there. That would be a fun place to check out. I live a block down the street and there are always big crowds.

I'm an alum and returned to Syracuse for a job. I never had to commute to the games as a student since I always walked in from campus. Any sight would be greatly appreciated![/QUOTE

We had that 8-12 years ago. The armory bars, the train, it all worked and the vibe was great. Its different now. The tailgating in random lots...its weird.

We used taxi's the first year we went and didn't have much trouble using them. Last year we drove over and parked at the one school neat the dome, can't remember the name, but both ways where fine.

We used taxi's the first year we went and didn't have much trouble using them. Last year we drove over and parked at the one school neat the dome, can't remember the name, but both ways where fine.
You can park here. Sometimes it is free, sometimes $5. Easy walk to the Fine Lot too...

Google Maps

I'd say Uber/Lyft is the easiest thing to do now if you don't want your car there. Park at a Wegmans and get picked up there!

You can park here. Sometimes it is free, sometimes $5. Easy walk to the Fine Lot too...

Google Maps

That's the one we used, it was free for the first game and yes it was an easy walk to the fine lot as pacusewife was able to do it 7 months pregnant.

Hotel Syracuse does a pre game shuttle if you park there and I think it's like $5 - best way to do it

Pretty easy walk if you don't mind walking. Depending on game time and traffic, walking could take about as much time as any other option.

Depends on where you are considering downtown. Armory Square is less than 2 miles away, so it's possible to Uber/Lyft or even walk. Some bars have shuttles as well.[/QUOTE
Bring. Back. The. Train.

Geeez that train was great, alot of memories there. Pj dorseys would be a great pregame spot with alot of juice and vibe, too.