Company men don't really exist anymore in today's | Syracusefan.com

Company men don't really exist anymore in today's

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
landscape not just in football but in business as well. I don't know if I give P credit for carrying out marching orders all those years as he lead the program to BCS games and the money that came with it was quickly zapped up by the University and not reinvested somewhat back into the program... Is the University that nieve that they feel Marrone will take it in the shorts for the better good of the University? Just a thought.

If I were Doug, I would take the NFL job wish everyone at Syracuse the best of luck and be done with it but I am sure a large part of him regardless of what is said would like to walk out of that office with a double barrel bird salute...

Who the F wants to work for a company ( school) that won't support the program in one way or the other. As I have said for years, go walk facilities throughout the Northeast. Colgate, Cornell, Ithaca College, Cinci, Louisville, etc. They come in all shapes and sizes I think many would be very interested. I doubt Marrone is asking for the world and I am sure he has asked over the past few years and been somewhat patient... Probably at his breaking point or he just wants to be an NFL HC. Can't blame him for either. I hope he goes to Buffalo if anywhere, sure I want him to stay but we shall see

People wonder why Syracuse basketball recruiting has taken off the past years...

People wonder why Syracuse basketball recruiting has taken off the past years...

Not sure why you say this. Pretty sure everyone knows it's because of the abnormally warm winters.

not having some gross old fat guy creepy staring and groaning at every teen on the recruiting trail helped

landscape not just in football but in business as well. I don't know if I give ...

Probably at his breaking point or he just wants to be an NFL HC.

On the latter, if he's at his breaking point re: facilities why is it now and not 4 weeks ago, when he could have pursued a half-dozen college jobs that were light years more attractive than SU? I really think people are attributing motives where they aren't. I think it's simple: the NFL has come calling and he'd be a fool not to talk to them.

As for the former: anyone who's a company man or woman these days is stupid. Corporations, teams, schools, etc. don't have an ounce of loyalty to their employees, why should there be any shred of loyalty to them in return.

I always say: I'm loyal to people, never to institutions.

landscape not just in football but in business as well. I don't know if I give P credit for carrying out marching orders all those years as he lead the program to BCS games and the money that came with it was quickly zapped up by the University and not reinvested somewhat back into the program... Is the University that nieve that they feel Marrone will take it in the shorts for the better good of the University? Just a thought.

If I were Doug, I would take the NFL job wish everyone at Syracuse the best of luck and be done with it but I am sure a large part of him regardless of what is said would like to walk out of that office with a double barrel bird salute...

Who the F wants to work for a company ( school) that won't support the program in one way or the other. As I have said for years, go walk facilities throughout the Northeast. Colgate, Cornell, Ithaca College, Cinci, Louisville, etc. They come in all shapes and sizes I think many would be very interested. I doubt Marrone is asking for the world and I am sure he has asked over the past few years and been somewhat patient... Probably at his breaking point or he just wants to be an NFL HC. Can't blame him for either. I hope he goes to Buffalo if anywhere, sure I want him to stay but we shall see

The school supports the football program. Drop this SU/BOT is anti football anti Marrone stuff.

Do all those places you listed have an indoor practice facility?

Seems Doug's own words say he is plenty pleased with the upgrades that have taken place to the lockerrooms and player areas as well as the Manley upgrade and football wing. So now the money spent there should be tossed away and started over? And some of those schools you list don't have any more than SU has. What's the big deal about Ithaca's? It's a Manley Field House. And guess what, it was paid for by private donations.

And why has our basketball recruiting taken off? You talking about the Melo Center? The one paid for by donors?

most people are not loyal why would you expect a business run by people to be any different.. but most people only consider being loyal when they are probably over paid or over benefited and many more dont even realize it when they are..

but I think it would be much easier to over look the loyalty issue when you are making 1.5 million a year than when you are making 50K a year. JB was being underpaid for a much longer period with no decent practice facilities for much longer but it was enough to make him happy and he stayed. but JB thought he could get us to the top without the extra's, DM doesnt think he can or really wants the money or both. DM already said he is willing to retire and become a HS oline coach so it cant all just be about more money. he probably has a decent amount put aside just off what he has made at SU..

The school supports the football program. Drop this SU/BOT is anti football anti Marrone stuff.

Do all those places you listed have an indoor practice facility?

Seems Doug's own words say he is plenty pleased with the upgrades that have taken place to the lockerrooms and player areas as well as the Manley upgrade and football wing. So now the money spent there should be tossed away and started over? And some of those schools you list don't have any more than SU has. What's the big deal about Ithaca's? It's a Manley Field House. And guess what, it was paid for by private donations.

And why has our basketball recruiting taken off? You talking about the Melo Center? The one paid for by donors?

If you think IC's new center for athletes is Manley House, I now see why you believe that Syracuse's facilities aren't really an issue... NEXT. Good Lord.

If you think IC's new center for athletes is Manley House, I now see why you believe that Syracuse's facilities aren't really an issue... NEXT. Good Lord.

Oh yea, it's brand new. I just looked at the diagrams/pictures and what it has. OK, it has a swimming pool. Otherwise it is a facilility used by all their outdoor teams and used by the general population students and professors and is also an event center. It is not a football facility nor even a "center for athletes". It is an all purpose athletic and event center. And again, it was paid for by donations. But in your original post, as always, you scream about what SU (the school) isn't doing and point to what other schools are doing. That is a strawman because as I just said, Ithaca, the college, did not do it. You tie 2 different things together to try and make a point. And specific to football facilities, Ithaca has less, as it should.

Oh yea, it's brand new. I just looked at the diagrams/pictures and what it has. OK, it has a swimming pool. Otherwise it is a facilility used by all their outdoor teams and used by the general population students and professors and is also an event center. It is not a football facility nor even a "center for athletes". It is an all purpose athletic and event center. And again, it was paid for by donations. But in your original post, as always, you scream about what SU (the school) isn't doing and point to what other schools are doing. That is a strawman because as I just said, Ithaca, the college, did not do it. You tie 2 different things together to try and make a point. And specific to football facilities, Ithaca has less, as it should.

SU doesn't do a good job of building a donor base. There are plenty of alumni with cash that have never been touched and that never will be touched.

Well then, sort of makes the question all the more pressing. Dave Rahme's comment about "hate mail" being the tip of the iceberg had an ominous overtone, IMO. If we are not talking about institutional things, then what did he mean? Seriously. Were disgruntled fans harassing his family when they were seen out in public?

You mean the facility we built AFTR winning a national championship? Not really sure it's apples to apples.

Bees, it's not BOT vs Marrone and IB didn't write that. However, it is painfully clear that Doug feels that his employer is not doing enough to support the job he feels he can do here. Period.

That comes in several forms: fundraising, salaries, and yes, perhaps the bureaucratic nature of things at Syracuse.

And yes, our facilities are bottom quartile.

You mean the facility we built AFTR winning a national championship? Not really sure it's apples to apples.

To be followed up with 2 NITs and some early NCAA bounces.

Boeheim himself says it's no coincidence the program has done much, much better since the Melo Center opened.

That football locker room that that was posted here was the old locker room with new wooden lockers, still looked like a dungeon compared to all the new open space ones other schools have.

Bees, it's not BOT vs Marrone and IB didn't write that. However, it is painfully clear that Doug feels that his employer is not doing enough to support the job he feels he can do here. Period.

That comes in several forms: fundraising, salaries, and yes, perhaps the bureaucratic nature of things at Syracuse.

And yes, our facilities are bottom quartile.

Its why I put SU/BOT. He said SU. Others have said BOT. Who is SU? It's the decision makers...the BOT. Word games.

And I didn't rank facilities. I just know they aren't garbage and things were just done that Marrone and the players are happy with. In fact read Marrone exact quotes. But he understandably wants more. The practice facility. And it must be those ACC schools just now building indoor facilities are in the bottom quartile? PS: We aren't a state school either.

But my point on facilities, which some I guess are missing, is the carping on SU and then comparing that to what someone else has, like Ithaca, and act like Ithaca did something themselves, when they didn't....donors did.

Want to rail on the lack of donors or someone at SU that should be cultivating donors, knock yourselves out. But know that Marrone has tried himself, with little success. Find a way to get some major donors and you can be a hero.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Its not. Even though chakka raised it a couple times like where is our Melo Center, it is not apples to apples. 30 years, a NC and big donors got it built.

Maybe we have a semantics issue -- administration could be more than the BOT, no?

As for the former: anyone who's a company man or woman these days is stupid. Corporations, teams, schools, etc. don't have an ounce of loyalty to their employees, why should there be any shred of loyalty to them in return.

Touché. I really tried staying away from the board and the conjecture but I wholeheartedly agree to the above statements as they apply to all business relationships. Hell SU was probably thinking about laying him off after the year due to the poor start until the latest winning streak. Loyalty to a person is admirable but loyalty to a business/corporation would be naïve in today’s society. If he got permission from Gross to interview (which I assume he has) then all the power to him and hope he represents himself and SU well.

"It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear. " Norm from Cheers

Its why I put SU/BOT. He said SU. Others have said BOT. Who is SU? It's the decision makers...the BOT. Word games.

And I didn't rank facilities. I just know they aren't garbage and things were just done that Marrone and the players are happy with. In fact read Marrone exact quotes. But he understandably wants more. The practice facility. And it must be those ACC schools just now building indoor facilities are in the bottom quartile? PS: We aren't a state school either.

But my point on facilities, which some I guess are missing, is the carping on SU and then comparing that to what someone else has, like Ithaca, and act like Ithaca did something themselves, when they didn't....donors did.

Want to rail on the lack of donors or someone at SU that should be cultivating donors, knock yourselves out. But know that Marrone has tried himself, with little success. Find a way to get some major donors and you can be a hero.

There has been no capital campaign for facilities, maybe some people were asked but nothing like the high profile campaigns SU ran for other things.

Maybe we have a semantics issue -- administration could be more than the BOT, no?

BOT, Cantor, TGD.

There has been no capital campaign for facilities, maybe some people were asked but nothing like the high profile campaigns SU ran for other things.

That is one of the things not understood.

On the latter, if he's at his breaking point re: facilities why is it now and not 4 weeks ago, when he could have pursued a half-dozen college jobs that were light years more attractive than SU? I really think people are attributing motives where they aren't. I think it's simple: the NFL has come calling and he'd be a fool not to talk to them.

The more experience you have interviewing for positions, the better you get at the interview process. This is true in just about any field. Even if Marrone knew he was going to remain at Syracuse, taking these interviews will make him more prepared for when he eventually makes that step. I am sure he will also get some feedback from front office guys on how they evaluate him as a coach. As you said, fool not to talk to them.

Touché. I really tried staying away from the board and the conjecture but I wholeheartedly agree to the above statements as they apply to all business relationships. Hell SU was probably thinking about laying him off after the year due to the poor start until the latest winning streak. Loyalty to a person is admirable but loyalty to a business/corporation would be naïve in today’s society. If he got permission from Gross to interview (which I assume he has) then all the power to him and hope he represents himself and SU well.

"It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear. " Norm from Cheers
There are exceptionsto that for sure. I just got off the phone speaking to the wife of my great friend that died just after ThanksgivingShe tells me the company hasarrangedfinancialadvice andmedical insurance for her family beyond the stated policy that was established. Now my friend was a high end executive with a significant salary for his position but the company has extended itself in her favor. I am pleased to hear that and this and must give credit to the corporation for its actions. Exceptions are out there. Of course exceptions aren't the norm and the point is well taken and understood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom