Complete embarrassment on all levels | Syracusefan.com

Complete embarrassment on all levels

Zepharus

Starter
There is NO plan. None. The players are rudderless! and I seriously cannot stomach watching this. To see the discipline and spacing by Virginia punches home the coaching aspect of the game.

You can say this isn't the case but JB DOES simply roll the ball out. Try to tell me he doesnt today?

Well, he admitted that he doesn't run plays so I assume we just practice defense and roll the balls out on offensive practice.
Why run plays? The players he recruited are apparently terrible and, according to JB, incapable of playing basketball.

I run my own business. That's like me saying "why should I give my employees tasks to do, all the people I hire are awful".

There is NO plan. None. The players are rudderless! and I seriously cannot stomach watching this. To see the discipline and spacing by Virginia punches home the coaching aspect of the game.

You can say this isn't the case but JB DOES simply roll the ball out. Try to tell me he doesnt today?
Do these threads make you feel better? It's obvious this team is offensively challenged but I'm not quite sure why continually start these threads. Walk away.

Why run plays? The players he recruited are apparently terrible and, according to JB, incapable of playing basketball.

I run my own business. That's like me saying "why should I give my employees tasks to do, all the people I hire are awful".

The first thing I thought about that quote was when I ran a company and had 100 employees. You don't tell the owner "they can't work so I just tell them to do whatever they want"

Outside of his initial comments during the Fine situation it was probably the most irresponsible comment he's ever said in his time here.

Great post. I just made you the coach. Fix it. We have 6 healthy scholarship players and 2 players that can score. I’m sorry TT transfered, Thorpe left, HW and Sidibe got hurt and we missed out on Tucker and Green.

Great post. I just made you the coach. Fix it. We have 6 healthy scholarship players and 2 players that can score. I’m sorry TT transfered, Thorpe left, HW and Sidibe got hurt and we missed out on Tucker and Green.
I'm not even trying to be funny when I say certain posters could get more out of this team.

He's admitted he doesn't coach offense this year, what else do you want him to say?

Not running plays is irresponsible after a 6th grade level.
He said he doesn’t run set plays to get shots because the team can’t shoot. They run stuff to drive the lane and try to score that way. This team isn’t going to score no matter what a coach does.

He said he doesn’t run set plays to get shots because the team can’t shoot. They run stuff to drive the lane and try to score that way. This team isn’t going to score no matter what a coach does.

I find it hard to believe we can't hit open shots. I'm sure our percentage would be better than it is now.

The quote was taking out of context. They do run plays. The just don't run plays for jump shots. He doesn't have faith in our shooting so we drive. It's apparent to me, however, that we are not particularly good at anything on offense so...

I’m not being funny when I saw no poster could make us a good offensive team
Nah, we wouldn't be good but i still stand by the statement that there's posters here who could get more out of this team.

What plays should we run? Ones to get bad 3 point shooters open? Ones to get our non-scoring PFs and Cs open at the rim so they can miss a lay up? Ones to get low percentage midrange jumpers?

This isn't football. Not running set plays often is the rule in basketball, not the exception.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not even trying to be funny when I say certain posters could get more out of this team.
Yes, I'm quite sure there are some here that could turn these guys into the runnin rebels from the day.

The quote was taking out of context. They do run plays. The just don't run plays for jump shots. He doesn't have faith in our shooting so we drive. It's apparent to me, however, that we are not particularly good at anything on offense so...
It was a bit, admittedly for us to bash more, but if you don't run plays for jump shots, cutters, back screens or post ups...wth are you running plays for?

If the plays we are running are designed to get players attacking the basket...that's a next level fail when everyone stands in the lane like the paint is made of glue.

If a fan can not appreciate the effort our players put out, in spite of being outmanned. Today we took on one of the top teams in the nation with 5 1/2 players. We have one player who right now is a good scoring threat. Frank can score but he is being worn down. He has no backup now. Our freshman have some potential but this needs to be a year to gain experience, start to reload for the future and be able to punish teams the next few years. Yeah, we got kicked again while we are down. As a fan I hope others will respect and appreciate the effort on defense. Our guys need more scoring but I am far from embarrassed by the product. I have faith it will get better. With better scorers our free wheeling offensive style used to attract very talented players. Now that the sanctions are winding down I believe we will again. I will support the SU team all the way to the end. Virginia is a very good club. They have made a lot of offenses look bad over the years, not just SU.

He's admitted he doesn't coach offense this year, what else do you want him to say?

Not running plays is irresponsible after a 6th grade level.
You really do know how to play with words.
He hasn't admitted he doesn't coach offense this year and he does run plays.
He just has players who can't score if they had a 4 foot wide basket.

I find it hard to believe we can't hit open shots. I'm sure our percentage would be better than it is now.
We always are going to have 2 players on the court that can’t shoot outside of 3 feet from the hoop. You can’t get spacing and have court balance that way. They are going to hedge everything and pressure the only two people capable of scoring. I know it’s frustrsting but in my opinion there is no solution.

You really do know how to play with words.
He hasn't admitted he doesn't coach offense this year and he does run plays.
He just has players who can't score if they had a 4 foot wide basket.
JB recruited them! He clearly wants zone defenders. Don't tell me we can't do anything on offense because our 4/5 are offensively challenged and can't shoot. HOF JB wants those guys. Make it work... Anyone could've seen this coming when we signed Moyer, Marek, Chukwu and Sidibe.

Sorry, no pass should be given. He has his wet dream of zone length this year. He brought them in. He doesn't get to tell us that he can't do anything with them on offense.

Newsflash. Chukwu doesn't need to be involved in PnR. That alone would help our offense.

If our forwards are that bad they shouldn't have even been recruited which falls on somebody.
People are being thrust into roles they were never intended. We knew what this season was going to be before it started. If People want to lash out at the staff that is fine but I’m not participating. We are right where I expected us to be so we are not underachieving in my eyes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom