Complete embarrassment on all levels | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Complete embarrassment on all levels

It's not just the absence of set plays.
It's what the Orange do so often in their so-called offense..
They pass the ball around the perimeter...try to get penetration...usually fail...and then often put up a bad shot.

Against a well-coached and great defensive team like Virginia there is NO CHANCE that "offense" is going to work.

There is a lot of bitterness here today. Im not sure how much more I can take before I bust a spring. I'm a little off balance as it is.

There is NO plan. None. The players are rudderless! and I seriously cannot stomach watching this. To see the discipline and spacing by Virginia punches home the coaching aspect of the game.

You can say this isn't the case but JB DOES simply roll the ball out. Try to tell me he doesnt today?
JB is a dinosaur. We let the wrong coach get away !!

The players reek on offense. Like beyond abominable. If you want to bash Boeheim, take aim on his recruiting.

Exactly, he is 100% responsible for the players we have, and as the captain, he bares complete criticism that encompasses his chosen deckhands.

The players reek on offense. Like beyond abominable. If you want to bash Boeheim, take aim on his recruiting.
It's the combination of recruiting and his comments that have people losing it. Myself included.

Anyone who plays basketball or watches enough of it, could see this coming from a mile away when we only recruit zone defenders at the 3/4/5 and tall combo guards at the 1/2.

You can't recruit those guys then absolve yourself of this season long offensive abomination because you got what you wanted for your zone defense.

Yea, we missed on Quade and Tucker but clearly there's a disconnect recruiting when you don't have any plan B's and Quade straight does you dirty and Tucker let's K win him over by sliding into his DM's with a wink emoji at the last minute.

Hey guys I'm 83 and I have seen enough! I think JB needs to retire. This bunch is poor and there is no evidence that they will ever get better and play together. Not a TEAM. I have this season seen better movement and passing, a better knowledge of spacing and shot selection from my grand daughters jv team.

Hey guys I'm 83 and I have seen enough! I think JB needs to retire. This bunch is poor and there is no evidence that they will ever get better and play together. Not a TEAM. I have this season seen better movement and passing, a better knowledge of spacing and shot selection from my grand daughters jv team.
I am giving you a like because your 83 and still committed to the program.
God bless ya. If I make it to 83 I won’t have this energy.
Continue posting. Hope we turn it around.

We're set to have a phenomenal team next season, so hang in there

I mean, our offense is atrocious and inexplicably seems to be getting worse and worse over the past month. We weren’t this bad back in late Dec. But we just played the best defensive team in the country and were bound to struggle.

The more film teams have available to them, the worse it'll get

There is NO plan. None. The players are rudderless! and I seriously cannot stomach watching this. To see the discipline and spacing by Virginia punches home the coaching aspect of the game.

You can say this isn't the case but JB DOES simply roll the ball out. Try to tell me he doesnt today?
All due respect, but this hot take is downright stupid.
What, he woke up one day and decided after 1000+ wins that he can’t coach?
Look, we’re all frustrated, but how many ways can you find to write about how flawed this team happens to be? The reasons are many, and varied, and have been discussed ad nauseum on these forums.
We get it, they suck right now...especially on offense. Does that invalidate JBs overall record or suddenly make Mike Hopkins the “better” coach after 3 months into the season?
Ridiculous, overreactive takes amount to nothing more than circle-jerk biotch fests for the negatively inclined. It’s lazy, and tired. JMHO

Last edited:
All due respect, but this hot take is downright stupid.
What, he woke up one day and decided after 1000+ wins that he can’t coach?
Look, we’re all frustrated, but how many ways can you find to write about how flawed this team happens to be? The reasons are many, and varied, and have been discussed ad nauseum on these forums.
We get it, they suck right now...especially on offense. Does that invalidate JBs overall record or suddenly make Mike Hopkins the “better” coach after 3 months into the season?
Ridiculous, overactive takes amount to nothing more than circle-jerk biotch fests
for the negatively inclined. It’s lazy, and tired. JMHO

100 likes

I mean I guess we’ll be better simply by virtue of having more options on offense.

But I wonder if it’s the system at this point.

System has worked for a long time, college m2m defense hasn't changed in 50 years, system hasn't changed.

I think it'll be fine. We had a slow but efficient offense just last year.

And the point guard is???? Carey is working on the transition...Frank????

Current guards: Frank, Battle
Guards next year: Frank, Carey, Hughes, Boeheim, maybe Washington, maybe Battle

The depth alone is a big improvement. We'll be at least playing 4 on 5 on offense too. Instead of 2.5 on 5.

Current guards: Frank, Battle
Guards next year: Frank, Carey, Hughes, Boeheim, maybe Washington, maybe Battle

The depth alone is a big improvement. We'll be at least playing 4 on 5 on offense too. Instead of 2.5 on 5.
Again, POINT GUARD????
Depth ?? If used, I'd give you that.

The more film teams have available to them, the worse it'll get
Why can’t we make some offensive adjustments? There’s gotta be some stuff we can do to improve the offense a little bit .

Trying to think but i don't recall ever an o ffensive showing like this. I know we have scored in to 40s before but the overall play was never this bad. 6 assists just shaking my head. JB the UNoffensive coach of the year.

Trying to think but i don't recall ever an o ffensive showing like this. I know we have scored in to 40s before but the overall play was never this bad. 6 assists just shaking my head. JB the UNoffensive coach of the year.
see above posts regarding the need for an ACC level point guard. But next year we'll have a big guard in Frank at the top of the zone as our point guard..