Complete lack of self awareness | Syracusefan.com

Complete lack of self awareness

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
when you don't understand who you are , it can result in severe overeaction when things don't go the way you think they should. This is an unhealthy way to live your life I general , your sports fandom not excluded.

We are for sure not looking good right now. I'm with you. However, had people not misrepresented what this team was / is , I feel the dismay would be much reduced and measured .

We had posters on here wondering if Chuckwu was the next Rudy Gobert. Others had Howard fasttracked to the league.

There were the Uconn threads where their programs losses to the sisters of the poor were quite the tastee treat.. and so what does that make us look like now ?

Basically, be realistic with your expectations and your life in general will be more satisfying ..doesn't mean you can't HOPE for amazing things , just don't EXPECT them . You are only setting yourself up for disappointment

It's a basketball forum. UConn still is terrible and I'll continue to laugh at them. Beating us by 2 in an abomination of a game doesn't change the fact that they're still terrible. Just like if we beat them by two we'd still be terrible and I wouldn't feel much better. But some of the hype about the team came from JB himself. So that's where the expectations came from.

I get the message, but aside from the disappointment, I think most people realize it's just basketball. Every year I think the football team is going to "turn it around" and I think the basketball team is a Final Four contender. I'd rather be optimistic about things that are fairly trivial than live life as a fan hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

That was the biggest game for UConn all year. They can gloat all they want, but when we're playing Duke on Big Monday or UNC or Louisville - they'll get Tulane and Eastern Carolina, whoopee. You know who thinks UConn wasn't relevant enough in the NYC market? The B10 and ACC. We beaten UConn 8 of the last 10 vs. them; it says a lot that THIS UConn team beat us, they are a mid major in every sense of the word right now. This was a bad loss, but so was St. John's last year. It's the same thing.