Compliment from Jimmy Dykes | Syracusefan.com

Compliment from Jimmy Dykes

I was randomly watching Kentucky/UNCG for a few minutes, and he rattled off his 8-10 teams that are “built to win it all.” We were one of them.
Did he wash out as a woman's basketball coach?

Yeah I think this team could grind it’s a way to the Final Four because of how good our defense can be but I don’t see this team being able to win 6 games in March with this offense.
4 games sure but not 6.

Yeah I think this team could grind it’s a way to the Final Four because of how good our defense can be but I don’t see this team being able to win 6 games in March with this offense.
4 games sure but not 6.
This offense Every game would be a tossup

This offense Every game would be a tossup

Those Tourney games last year we were holding TCU and MSU to like 30% shooting maybe even less. With tons of turnovers too and BARELY winning. You have to score easier. This team can’t do that. Buddy is exiled, the Centers aren’t there, and Hughes is good but he isn’t good enough to be a baller every game.

Those Tourney games last year we were holding TCU and MSU to like 30% shooting maybe even less. With tons of turnovers too and BARELY winning. You have to score easier. This team can’t do that. Buddy is exiled, the Centers aren’t there, and Hughes is good but he isn’t good enough to be a baller every game.

Yeah, we're sort of akin to a plucky mid-major that can make some waves with our stifling/confusing defense and just enough offense to be dangerous. I'm hoping the offense can continue to improve though - it really seems like we have the pieces - but it's not clicking the way it needs to. If it does, who knows how good we can be. Very good is my guess.

It's also soooooooo easy to slow us down that we're capable of losing to anyone - it's not hard to keep games close against us. We're a tough team to evaluate. lol

Yeah, we're sort of akin to a plucky mid-major that can make some waves with our stifling/confusing defense and just enough offense to be dangerous. I'm hoping the offense can continue to improve though - it really seems like we have the pieces - but it's not clicking the way it needs to. If it does, who knows how good we can be. Very good is my guess.

It's also soooooooo easy to slow us down that we're capable of losing to anyone - it's not hard to keep games close against us. We're a tough team to evaluate. lol

The standing around and holding the ball/dribbling nowhere is just maddening. I guess it’s allowed.

If I recall, Dykes May have picked us to win it all in the espn pre-season predictions.

6 seed implies (roughly) Top 24, at least. Mix that with a hopefully fine-tuned zone. Not a bad Winter.

I was randomly watching Kentucky/UNCG for a few minutes, and he rattled off his 8-10 teams that are “built to win it all.” We were one of them.

Pretty sure we were his preseason champion pick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom