Conference news updates for 8/11: Big Ten and PAC12 OUT | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Conference news updates for 8/11: Big Ten and PAC12 OUT

as much as we want to see fball.. if you cant do more testing then pushing to spring is really the only option.. by spring even without a vaccine they will have much better testing as that improves weekly right now.

shorten the season to 8-10 games play it feb-april and then push fall ball to oct and hope for the best.

To be fair, every major soccer league has/had resumed play successfully months ago. If the players, coaches and staff test clean prior to entry and are kept secluded and play in empty stadiums there is already precedent set on how to successfully acheive this.

To be fair, every major soccer league has/had resumed play successfully months ago. If the players, coaches and staff test clean prior to entry and are kept secluded and play in empty stadiums there is already precedent set on how to successfully acheive this.
Agree.

It's funny, right now I'm against a Spring football season, as I imagine most of you are. It's unnatural, unprecedented and smacks of Christmas in July. But if they cancel Fall football, I can see myself start to evolve on the issue: "Hmmm, I wonder when the Spring games are going to start? Might not be a bad idea. I mean we do have Spring practice anyway. What's wrong with a little 11 game schedule."

Fans and bands in the stadiums could be a good thing about spring. If we're traveling and bars and hotels are back to normal in the spring, then it would be better for the economy to have the games in the spring.

And for our purposes - ending the year in warm weather would be a nice change to our regular end of season games in the Dome.

Nebraska will play BYU, Army and then hope it can get Big XII teams to make them their plus 1.

Kansas/Kansas State/Iowa State/Oklahoma/Oklahoma State.
Why isn’t Nebraska in the big 12? I still forget they aren’t. More than any other team from a conference

I think playing in the spring is stupid. Whats the plan for next fall then. Play in the spring and then again in the fall?

Why isn’t Nebraska in the big 12? I still forget they aren’t. More than any other team from a conference
Texas and Missouri.
Texas- because they didn’t want to share all revenue equally pissed off Nebraska.
Osborne their legendary HC and was the AD at the time didn’t respect the arrogance of Deloss Dodds the Texas AD.

Missouri- because Missouri was outwardly begging the Big Ten make them their 12th team. The Big Ten didn’t want to settle for Missouri as 12th team.

Once Nebraska saw that Missouri pimping themselves to the Big Ten they thought it shouldn’t be them it should be us. Big Ten was interested in Nebraska brand and chose them for team 12.

Texas arrogance, getting of out of their shadow and greed is why A&M, Colorado, Nebraska all left for different combinations.

i really dont get the issue of playing thru april and then in oct. these kids dont really get out of shape or stop working out as it is. And I get that its physical. but is 4-5 months really the recovery or just the norm because of the schedule? you also would have 20% of the roster that will not be playing the following yr as SR and 30-50% of the roster that will play very few snaps because they dont see the field very much. the load will be on that middle 20-30% I talked some coaches last week and they dont see an issue with it, they were not upper level D1 though but not D3 either.

I think playing in the spring is stupid. Whats the plan for next fall then. Play in the spring and then again in the fall?

You wouldn't play a full season in the Spring.

They can also push the start of Fall 2021 football back a few weeks and cut that down to 10 games.

It's awkward, but doable.

I think the NBA playing in August is stupid. But you roll with the unprecedented circumstances and adjust, or you don't play.

I'm accustomed to fall football. That would be what I would prefer. But if the option is no football until next fall / 2021, or some modified season in the spring with a modified season in fall 2021, I'm open to it.

Again, would prefer to play this fall. But global circumstances might not make that possible.

Fans and bands in the stadiums could be a good thing about spring. If we're traveling and bars and hotels are back to normal in the spring, then it would be better for the economy to have the games in the spring.

And for our purposes - ending the year in warm weather would be a nice change to our regular end of season games in the Dome.
Players will not play in spring they are against it and there’s nothing the ncaa can do about it
The players are in charge . There is no scrubs
No other replacement players

Players will not play in spring they are against it and there’s nothing the ncaa can do about it

Repeating a bunch of false stuff won't make it true.

SOME players won't play in spring. An exponentially larger number will.

And then, coaches will recruit other players, and move forward as the global health pandemic begins to be in the rear view mirror. The players aren't in charge of anything, beyond having the ability to disrupt things in the short term. And that power will diminish as the path forward continues to get clearer.

Rightfully so.

I actually got an exclusive photo of Mark Emmert from the NCAA
1597161842692.png

I don't follow soccer, but I assume that the players aren't on a campus and going to classes with other students.

If the Big Ten still had Jim Delany’s iron fist those coaches don’t come out yesterday as strong as they did.

The new Big Ten commish is somebody I have no clue whom that is filling a power chair and yesterday didn’t have his ducks in a row.

It's funny, right now I'm against a Spring football season, as I imagine most of you are. It's unnatural, unprecedented and smacks of Christmas in July. But if they cancel Fall football, I can see myself start to evolve on the issue: "Hmmm, I wonder when the Spring games are going to start? Might not be a bad idea. I mean we do have Spring practice anyway. What's wrong with a little 11 game schedule."

Same, I'm a traditionalist and I'm also in the minority here in that I'm disgusted with college athletics right now.

But if they were to arrange a safe way to play in the spring? With a Fine Mess tailgate in March? I'd probably be the first person lining up to get into the Dome. (Assuming they give me a paper ticket, that is.)

The threat of long-term liability will force everyone out eventually. It's a simple financial decision in the end. The rest is just noise.
Assumption of risk waivers could mitigate long term liability.
I
I don’t think the threat of litigation will stop th SEC schools.
It’s going to have to be the SEC school players who stop their conference.

The pac-12 and Big Ten want out we know that.
They are just fearful the SEC plays and then their schools get killed in recruiting and their fans don’t donate.

I

They are just fearful the SEC plays and then their schools get killed in recruiting and their fans don’t donate.

Most potential draftees won't sign a waiver without getting a very large sum of money under the table as compensation. It will be harder if not impossible to get an insurance policy to guard against potential injury if they play.

I

The PAC 12 will fall even further behind the rest of the Power 5. Big10 will be able to recover fairly quickly.
USC could recover if they are ever get their swamp of administrators and BOTs hire a real big time coach and get of his way like they did for Carroll

I don't follow soccer, but I assume that the players aren't on a campus and going to classes with other students.

Academy kids would be until they finish school and sign their first professional contract. Some of the advanced talents will train with, and play lower level cup matches with the senior squad. One of the Liverpool players that lifted the trophy this season had just turned 17 for example in Harvey Elliott.

That said, curious the breakdown of amount of school work is done in person for football players Vs proxie with tutors during the season? I honestly haven't the slightest the ratio but would think the school could afford them extra education related personnel if need be if they adhere to the same protocol.

As loathsome as I think Saban is, he might be right here in that players would be much better protected in this scenario Vs cancellation and sending them back out into the student body full time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom