Conference news updates for 8/11: Big Ten and PAC12 OUT | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Conference news updates for 8/11: Big Ten and PAC12 OUT

Repeating a bunch of false stuff won't make it true.

SOME players won't play in spring. An exponentially larger number will.

And then, coaches will recruit other players, and move forward as the global health pandemic begins to be in the rear view mirror. The players aren't in charge of anything, beyond having the ability to disrupt things in the short term. And that power will diminish as the path forward continues to get clearer.

Rightfully so.
I have direct quotes from players all over the country so my stuff is true not a guess like yours :p:p

I have direct quotes from players all over the country so my stuff is true not a guess like yours :p:p

BFD. A limited subset of data, that overlooks the big picture.

There is no doubt that you are plugged in in some capacity [although I generally have difficulty taking seriously anyone who describes themselves as an "insider"]. But it is pretty clear that you only understand one angle about what's happening -- from the player perspective -- and that you can't see the rest of the forest through the trees.

The institution is not going to be taken down by players demanding 50% profit sharing. And conferences have the power, not the players, not the schools, and not the coaches.

If the Big Ten still had Jim Delany’s iron fist those coaches don’t come out yesterday as strong as they did.

The new Big Ten commish is somebody I have no clue whom that is filling a power chair and yesterday didn’t have his ducks in a row.

Forget about the Commissioner, how about the individual University Presidents? Why would the President of UM want Harbaugh making the statement he did on behalf of UM Football or Nebraska having Scott Frost speaking out of his butt when the Conference, through the University Presidents, is still in the process of trying to make a decision, that whether they are 100% on board with or not, they will have to live with.

Last edited:
BFD. A limited subset of data, that overlooks the big picture.

There is no doubt that you are plugged in in some capacity [although I generally have difficulty taking seriously anyone who describes themselves as an "insider"]. But it is pretty clear that you only understand one angle about what's happening -- from the player perspective -- and that you can't see the rest of the forest through the trees.

The institution is not going to be taken down by players demanding 50% profit sharing. And conferences have the power, not the players, not the schools, and not the coaches.
There not gonna get a lot of money but they will have changes made

There not gonna get a lot of money but they will have changes made
NCAA was in the Supreme Court this week, to make sure schools could not buy them laptops...(or educational expense) . That's been going 6? years.

I don't see the players getting much of anything. If week 1 next year, they all showed up but refused to play, they could expedite it, but I doubt it.

Although, this happened today.

It makes a lot of sense -- buys time for the pandemic to get under control and / or a vaccine. And it doesn't force the season to commence while the pandemic is running rampant, while avoiding the season starting put having the plug pulled.

Also kicks the can down the road in terms of fully cancelling season.

I get that it isn't ideal, but it might be the best compromise. Especially if Fall 2021 season is adjusted in tandem.

So the SEC doctors see nothing wrong with playing but the PAC-12 doctors think playing could be catastrophic.
WT(((F)))) is it.

My god medical opinions shouldn’t be this divided.
Why not? They're fallible human beings and scientific data can be interpreted different ways. This view that doctors and researchers know everything needs to be re examined.
I mean, why else do people get second opinions? Why will one doctor say there's nothing we can do and another one is able to save the life?

Academy kids would be until they finish school and sign their first professional contract. Some of the advanced talents will train with, and play lower level cup matches with the senior squad. One of the Liverpool players that lifted the trophy this season had just turned 17 for example in Harvey Elliott.

That said, curious the breakdown of amount of school work is done in person for football players Vs proxie with tutors during the season? I honestly haven't the slightest the ratio but would think the school could afford them extra education related personnel if need be if they adhere to the same protocol.

As loathsome as I think Saban is, he might be right here in that players would be much better protected in this scenario Vs cancellation and sending them back out into the student body full time.
You can't compare safety conditions from Europe with their relatively low per-capita infection rate is to put absurdly high per-capita infection rate. If we had taken this seriously in spring like Europe did, we would be getting ready for football in 3 weeks.

I do agree with Saban... these kids are safer in a structured environment where there are strict rules and consequences and they will get regular testing vs hangin at home with their crew. BTW this goes for a lot of college kids... not just athletes.

Smart move by the Big 10. Hopefully other conferences follow suit and we can get a real season with everyone playing at the same time beginning in March.

Smart move by the Big 10. Hopefully other conferences follow suit and we can get a real season with everyone playing at the same time beginning in March.
By real season, you mean every potential draft pick not playing and forcing everyone else to play two seasons in one year ... because “player safety”.

They are afraid of law suits or have been bought . Every big ten campus better be on line then and nobody should be allowed out of there house for any reason.

Barstool really scrapes the bottom of the intellectual barrel
Barstool has a lot of idiots. See Portnoy, David.

But Dan “Big Cat” Katz and PFT commenter are smart and call it the right way a majority of the time.

I want spring football but Katz statement is on the money unless they play what I suggest an 8 game spring schedule there isn’t a window to play a spring and then fall season.

But he is the most visible face along with Justin Fields. Their words carry more weight whether he likes it or not.

Btw, Ohio State's Columbus campus' move in day is tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom